Main Menu

Letwin

Started by Cassie, October 18, 2019, 08:20:09 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Letwin...  The man that was caught dumping private letters from his constituents in a bin. What an upstanding individual he is. NOT

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15301859">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15301859
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=1347 time=1571511317 user_id=50
At least Fat Boy Chrump and his family don't hide how well they have done well out of UK PLC behind victimhood and contempt.

Well, doing well is well par for the course for families well set up enough to never be victims or pay heed to any contempt while they well profit from public school and Oxford. But Tubby Chrump probably has a couple of different well-penned versions well suited to slipping out to whatever well of misinformation needs boosting at the time.

Meanwhile, Letwin, is well-used to controversy and can often identify a crucial point that needs to be well examined further...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Ciaphas

There are two issues here

1) Mr Johnson isn't trusted not to let the country leave without a deal on the 31st October. I  personally think he is sincere in wanting a deal but his previous actions have undermined his position

2) There are valid concerns regarding Mr Johnson's governments apparant desire to deregulate and reduce workers rights in order for the UK to be more competitive on the world stage, which in turn impacts our trade relations with the EU.

This gives MP's a chance to address those issues with amendments.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=1342 time=1571510787 user_id=70
Noticeable how Mrs May is more loyal to the present PM than Fat Boy Chrump has ever been to either of his leaders...

At least Fat Boy Chrump and his family don't hide how well they have done well out of UK PLC behind victimhood and contempt.

T00ts

There were a number of compliments levelled at her about her integrity. I think there were some who regretted making her life so difficult. Hind sight is a wonderful thing!

patman post

Noticeable how Mrs May is more loyal to the present PM than Fat Boy Chrump has ever been to either of his leaders...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1257 time=1571477289 user_id=57
Is anybody watching the sport in the House of Horrors? I'm watching the rugby, much more uplifting.

I didn't bother with either.

I think it's reached the point that violence is now the only way. It worked for Plaid Cymru and it worked for the provisional IRA. I can't see any other solution now.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1268 time=1571478697 user_id=57
I can that be? It's all loaded to get another extension to kick the can down the road. I've heard 'respectable' MPs say the more they can do that, the more likely that Brexit can be stopped - it's an utter disgrace!

Oh I'm definitely with you on that. Even today it's disgraceful. So much for respect etc being the new way.  I do wonder why they need to debate it, they seem to have made up their minds already. It's got nothing to do with anything but their own egos. A GE is long overdue.

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1264 time=1571478083 user_id=54
I can understand that - I considered it myself, but here I am. It's noisy, I think BJ is holding up well and the opposition is on overdrive. I thought I saw somewhere earlier that if the Letwin amendment passes the vote on the WA would be pulled., but I can't remember where I saw it. I think I am at the point - what will be will be, but I would surprised if this is an easy fight on either side.

I can that be? It's all loaded to get another extension to kick the can down the road. I've heard 'respectable' MPs say the more they can do that, the more likely that Brexit can be stopped - it's an utter disgrace!

Sheepy

I am not listening to any of it,I will wait until Christmas for the pantomime.I am working on mine and Barrys camper so we will be free.It is not just a hobby,it is a way of life.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1262 time=1571477783 user_id=57
The Letwin thing last night depressed me so I'm on a news black out. They'll stop at nothing to overturn a democratic vote and I'm sickened by them. They are doing all of this but won't have the  guts to call an election.

I can understand that - I considered it myself, but here I am. It's noisy, I think BJ is holding up well and the opposition is on overdrive. I thought I saw somewhere earlier that if the Letwin amendment passes the vote on the WA would be pulled., but I can't remember where I saw it. I think I am at the point - what will be will be, but I would surprised if this is an easy fight on either side.

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1260 time=1571477538 user_id=54
I suppose you would guess I am! Not into the popcorn yet but I'm set for the day. Has anything changed? It doesn't look like it.

The Letwin thing last night depressed me so I'm on a news black out. They'll stop at nothing to overturn a democratic vote and I'm sickened by them. They are doing all of this but won't have the  guts to call an election.

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1257 time=1571477289 user_id=57
Is anybody watching the sport in the House of Horrors? I've watching the rugby, much more uplifting.

I suppose you would guess I am! Not into the popcorn yet but I'm set for the day. Has anything changed? It doesn't look like it.

Cassie

Is anybody watching the sport in the House of Horrors? I'm watching the rugby, much more uplifting.

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1230 time=1571426409 user_id=57
He's put the kibosh on the deal.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-letwin-amendment-proposed-to-block-no-deal-brexit-as-pm-faces-knife-edge-vote-11838156">https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-letwi ... e-11838156">https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-letwin-amendment-proposed-to-block-no-deal-brexit-as-pm-faces-knife-edge-vote-11838156

Git

I think  we should be worried about this. Once again he is determined to pull the rug. He sounds so plausible but he speaks with forked tongue. This is still about delaying enough to give remain hope. I hear that the EU is not so impressed. The comment I heard was that some there are saying that they feel like they are being played. This would not make them more inclined to extend.

BJ was popular on Thursday. I think most thought him a good guy and they will be watching the shenanigans tomorrow and making a judgement. I should think their worst nightmare would involve sitting down to dinner with Corbyn.