Anyone had this bug yet?

Started by Barry, March 30, 2020, 03:33:09 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

I had the full on snotty nosed flu in October and again in February but SOMETHING wierd hit me just before christmas, just after a load of chinese came over from the coastal province on the road out of wuhan, where we have our chinese HQ. No fever, dry cough, a feeling I was trying to breathe through scuba at depth and total inability to taste christmas dinner. Bummer. At the time I paid it little heed and I was quite able to heft heavy shite up.and down stairs, etc etc...

All went away in about the same timescale as the October and February flu proper.

I will be buying one of those test kits when they come out...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Thanks for the tips.  :hattip
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=19911 time=1585645550 user_id=51
SPV - still alive, although was hot and coughing at 4 this morning. Took paracetamol. Had the feeling of and sound of bubbling in airways. Coughing up foul tasting yeuch. Chest pains. Still managing to breathe OK and feeling clearer but I could see how anyone with reduced lung function or inability to cough could succumb to this.

Feeling generally well so up and about this morning and improving.

😷😷😷

Don't overdo it during the day-people are reporting that they feel a little better each morning but much worse at the end of the day.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Barry post_id=19911 time=1585645550 user_id=51
SPV - still alive, although was hot and coughing at 4 this morning. Took paracetamol. Had the feeling of and sound of bubbling in airways. Coughing up foul tasting yeuch. Chest pains. Still managing to breathe OK and feeling clearer but I could see how anyone with reduced lung function or inability to cough could succumb to this.

😷😷😷

Glad to hear that your feeling on the mend Barry

Your symptoms sound just like the ones I had in Jan and identical to what we are being told is the Covid 19 symptoms.

If I can offer you a tip - Sainsburys Summer Fruits High Juice with warm, previously boiled water. Its very easy on the tum, still tastes good when all else is disgusting and keeps you hydrated and with some sugar and vitamin C intake.

Barry

😷😷😷
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: Sampanviking post_id=19877 time=1585581717 user_id=79
I am with the people from Oxford who reckon this has been around for months and that most of us have already been infected.

For a moment I thought you were literally at Oxford Uni.   ;)
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sampanviking

I am with the people from Oxford who reckon this has been around for months and that most of us have already been infected.

I had a very strange form of flu in mid January which is unlike any other kind of flu I have ever had. Its unusual symptoms are a perfect match for those of Corvid-19 - Headache, temperqture/fever The dryest throat I have ever had plus voice loss, plus a cough that started dry and then produced some of the most vile stuff my body has ever produced.

I was bed ridden for two days and recovered slowly over the next two weeks.

I know loads of people who had and described the very same thing at that same time,

Barry

Thanks, Scott, I know you've probably had it.

I feel pretty well. Sore throat, yes. Chest a little bubbly, when I lay on my right side in bed, not on the left. I can clear it by coughing. I do have occasional asthma, owing to allergies, so I have inhalers available to dilate the airways.

I've been in close contact with people who definitely have it, took all standard precautions.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: Barry post_id=19870 time=1585578789 user_id=51
Well, Sunday I had a low fever and I've had a cough which has brought on slight bronchitis. So I reckon I might have it so need to stay away from people for a week. Won't be going to the hospital, that's for sure.

Is it the virus? Probably, but I won't know till I get some test, sometime whenever.

Keep an eye on any strange headaches.  My bronchitis was also strange - it hurt only on one side of my throat, rather than the middle, especially painful when swallowing.  Also, if it comes and goes over a week or two, i'd say you've got it.  Take care, and keep us up to date if possible.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

Well, Sunday I had a low fever and I've had a cough which has brought on slight bronchitis. So I reckon I might have it so need to stay away from people for a week. Won't be going to the hospital, that's for sure.

Is it the virus? Probably, but I won't know till I get some test, sometime whenever.
† The end is nigh †