Main Menu

Only one speed

Started by T00ts, April 01, 2020, 05:39:18 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20035 time=1585826845 user_id=54
So you think complaints are harsh? I understand that sentiment and felt the same way at first, but now I am concerned that egos are getting the way. I can understand those who having taken control and been on the front line with their expertise used as the sole guidance want to see it through but feel they should be calling on all facilities (eg labs for tests) available in this emergency. Time is not on our side and we should be pushing a lot harder to use the abilities of everyone.

I 100% think the criticism is unfounded. Boris is neither a scientist nor a medical expert so he is following their guidance. If he didn't you'd just ask why he wasn't listening to the experts. Anyone who thinks they're not trying their best is off their rocker in my opinion.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick post_id=20033 time=1585824089 user_id=73
The world has never seen this virus before and therefore the UK government can only go at the speed the virus goes at.

If they hastily implement something and it goes wrong people will jump all over them for not being cautious. Just saying.

So you think complaints are harsh? I understand that sentiment and felt the same way at first, but now I am concerned that egos are getting the way. I can understand those who having taken control and been on the front line with their expertise used as the sole guidance want to see it through but feel they should be calling on all facilities (eg labs for tests) available in this emergency. Time is not on our side and we should be pushing a lot harder to use the abilities of everyone.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts post_id=19989 time=1585759158 user_id=54
I have tried I really have. I have supported the government and the scientists and the medical professionals but my goodness I am losing the will! Each time I watch the daily updates I see only mediocrity. I don't see anyone yet who gives me any confidence that there is any other speed in Government than slow. There is absolutely no energy evident, there are no targets for action. There is the very visual 4000 Nightingale effort repeated apparently across the country but there is little else that gives me confidence. We seem to be constantly waiting for results before there is any real action. Always plans which appear to move further and further away each day.

We hear of engineering efforts on equipment designed in days but taking weeks to test, we hear of £2 tests that give almost instant results created here which the government might look at and all sorts of people appear to be really pulling the stops out to help and yet each day the point of impact is dulled by lack lustre, dynamic free puppets who look so laid back they are almost horizontal.  If they are going to keep people on board they need to manage some sort of evidence of urgency.

Good intentions without forceful action to back them up is close to just taking a duvet day.

The world has never seen this virus before and therefore the UK government can only go at the speed the virus goes at.

If they hastily implement something and it goes wrong people will jump all over them for not being cautious. Just saying.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

I have tried I really have. I have supported the government and the scientists and the medical professionals but my goodness I am losing the will! Each time I watch the daily updates I see only mediocrity. I don't see anyone yet who gives me any confidence that there is any other speed in Government than slow. There is absolutely no energy evident, there are no targets for action. There is the very visual 4000 Nightingale effort repeated apparently across the country but there is little else that gives me confidence. We seem to be constantly waiting for results before there is any real action. Always plans which appear to move further and further away each day.

We hear of engineering efforts on equipment designed in days but taking weeks to test, we hear of £2 tests that give almost instant results created here which the government might look at and all sorts of people appear to be really pulling the stops out to help and yet each day the point of impact is dulled by lack lustre, dynamic free puppets who look so laid back they are almost horizontal.  If they are going to keep people on board they need to manage some sort of evidence of urgency.

Good intentions without forceful action to back them up is close to just taking a duvet day.