My Suggestion To Solve Lockdown

Started by Scott777, April 03, 2020, 02:45:56 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=20392 time=1586079440 user_id=99
My partner is considered high risk. You want her to be locked down at home, while I go to work in crowds of people etc, and then not get infected myself so I don't bring the virus home to them?

Not at all.  You can voluntarily lockdown.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20396 time=1586080107 user_id=59
THE SCIENTIST leading Sweden's strategy - claims the UK lockdown has gone too far.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1265130/coronavirus-sweden-uk-covid-19-herd-immunity-pandemic-anders-tegnell-lockdown">https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/12 ... l-lockdown">https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1265130/coronavirus-sweden-uk-covid-19-herd-immunity-pandemic-anders-tegnell-lockdown

You use the Express as a reference?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

THE SCIENTIST leading Sweden's strategy - claims the UK lockdown has gone too far.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1265130/coronavirus-sweden-uk-covid-19-herd-immunity-pandemic-anders-tegnell-lockdown">https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/12 ... l-lockdown">https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1265130/coronavirus-sweden-uk-covid-19-herd-immunity-pandemic-anders-tegnell-lockdown
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=20392 time=1586079440 user_id=99
My partner is considered high risk. You want her to be locked down at home, while I go to work in crowds of people etc, and then not get infected myself so I don't bring the virus home to them?

...and that is the overall problem. Children fetching it home from school to granny who maybe has them til parents finish work etc etc etc. I can't see any other way than a lockdown. It's fairly ok for me I can isolate myself almost completely. I live alone. There isn't a half working half not that will work. Especially when we can see how unsuccessfully the current 'requirement' is working.

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20384 time=1586078290 user_id=59
It's nice to see some people have an actual argument.   :hattip

If high-risk people are locked down, food is delivered, etc, how would the virus spread to them?  The production of tests would continue as it does, and when everyone is tested (and the main population has either had it, or will get it while the others are locked down), then we will know when the virus has run it's course.  Have other countries done this?

Hang on though -  isn't the whole policy at present not just geared to shielding but also to protect the NHS. for no other reason that all countries have realised that no health care organisation can cope with the sheer numbers of those needing medical intervention at the same time? We are locked down to slow up the inevitable infections. It's the speed and ease of infection that is overwhelming everyone. 0.01% of millions is still too many for ventilation/beds/staff etc. I have a feeling we have been misled so far at how the young will cope. Yes the deaths are far less but what we are not told thus far is how many young - say under 40s - are needing oxygen and then recover and how long that takes.

What is desperate is the antibody test. We are working blind.

Nalaar

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20384 time=1586078290 user_id=59If high-risk people are locked down, food is delivered, etc, how would the virus spread to them?

Don't believe everything you think.

Scott777

Quote from: Barry post_id=20388 time=1586079045 user_id=51
Can we trust people not to go around hugging grannie?

Oh darn it, the plan is scuppered.   :-?

Barry

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20384 time=1586078290 user_id=59

If high-risk people are locked down, food is delivered, etc, how would the virus spread to them?  

Can we trust people not to go around hugging grannie?
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=20373 time=1586076452 user_id=89You did.

No.  I said vulnerable people - elderly and those at high -risk.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20372 time=1586076012 user_id=54
I can't help but think that you are asking the impossible. Without knowing who has already had the virus or who has it without symptoms we cannot shield the vulnerable. Just who would we expect to make the decision to cease the lockdown without sufficient information? Who would take the role and the blame for the ensuing deaths? I would agree with you if it were not for the evidence from so many other countries. Sadly we are not equipped to deal with a pandemic - perhaps this should be a lesson learned - but we are currently playing around with sticking plasters in the absence of anything like a proper tool. Until we know better how to cope then surely keeping the infection low is our only option.

It's nice to see some people have an actual argument.   :hattip

If high-risk people are locked down, food is delivered, etc, how would the virus spread to them?  The production of tests would continue as it does, and when everyone is tested (and the main population has either had it, or will get it while the others are locked down), then we will know when the virus has run it's course.  Have other countries done this?

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=20340 time=1586019339 user_id=89
I don't know who or what MSM is.

You should do, you've tried this tactic on the old forum with the same MSM acronym, so you either have a bad memory or are acting dumb, or are just plain dumb.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20365 time=1586074559 user_id=59
Who suggested only old people?

You did.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20366 time=1586074672 user_id=59
The easier it should be to provide a counter argument.  And yet, strangely enough, there are none except more nonsense.

I can't help but think that you are asking the impossible. Without knowing who has already had the virus or who has it without symptoms we cannot shield the vulnerable. Just who would we expect to make the decision to cease the lockdown without sufficient information? Who would take the role and the blame for the ensuing deaths? I would agree with you if it were not for the evidence from so many other countries. Sadly we are not equipped to deal with a pandemic - perhaps this should be a lesson learned - but we are currently playing around with sticking plasters in the absence of anything like a proper tool. Until we know better how to cope then surely keeping the infection low is our only option.

Scott777

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=20357 time=1586040476 user_id=70
I think your comments are unthinkingly stupid...

The easier it should be to provide a counter argument.  And yet, strangely enough, there are none except more nonsense.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=20360 time=1586068156 user_id=89
Quite, with old people isolating themselves it does not tale a rocket scientist to work out, after two weeks, tha age of those getting seriously ill/dying will lower.

Who suggested only old people?