« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20188 time=1585951728 user_id=59
Intensive care why?

Covid-19.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=20176 time=1585937321 user_id=89
Just been a doctor on Channel 4 News, (I missed which hospital,) He stated all those in intensive care currently are under 50 years old.

Intensive care why?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=20160 time=1585928258 user_id=51
Yes, I suppose it could work after the end of this 3 weeks.

I think there must be word missing or something in the second sentence as it doesn't right ly make sense.

However in relation to the first sentence I'd love to hear more about the significant percentage of younger, fit and healthy people becoming very ill.

Because it is actually insignificant, isn't it?

Just been a doctor on Channel 4 News, (I missed which hospital,) He stated all those in intensive care currently are under 50 years old.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20168 time=1585932451 user_id=59
I didn't know this.  How many have recovered?

All of them.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: Barry post_id=20166 time=1585930431 user_id=51
 9 out of 13 of my family have had it and the 4 are not quite sure.

I didn't know this.  How many have recovered?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: GregB post_id=20164 time=1585930137 user_id=72
If doesn't matter if it's only one if that one is you or I.

Now come on, GregB, you can say that about anything.

Barry

Yes, but they'll all get it eventually, Greg, and at the end of this 3 weeks the first wave will be over. 9 out of 13 of my family have had it and the 4 are not quite sure. They are spread across England. It's absolutely everywhere.
† The end is nigh †

GregB

Quote from: Barry post_id=20160 time=1585928258 user_id=51

I think there must be word missing or something in the second sentence as it doesn't right ly make sense.

However in relation to the first sentence I'd love to hear more about the significant percentage of younger, fit and healthy people becoming very ill.

If doesn't matter if it's only one if that one is you or I.

39 YO nurse died but no idea if she was fit and healthy prior.

Barry

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20145 time=1585921556 user_id=59
Given that Covid-19 almost entirely affects people with quite serious conditions and the elderly, wouldn't it be better to say: only they must self-isolate, and everyone else - back to work.  The government could then ensure the isolated are cared for with food deliveries, etc (assuming there are no volunteers or family to do it)

Quote from: Javert post_id=20148 time=1585922507 user_id=64
We've already been through all this on the other thread - a minority, but a significant percentage, of younger fit and healthy people become very ill and require hospital treatment.  If they don't get it, they will die and the death rate will be pushing up towards 15%.

† The end is nigh †

Scott777

We've already been through all this on the other thread - a minority, but a significant percentage, of younger fit and healthy people become very ill and require hospital treatment.  If they don't get it, they will die and the death rate will be pushing up towards 15%.

Do you honestly believe that a government, especially a Conservative governmnet, would crash stop the entire economy unless they had no choice - plus every other government in the world even the US, where normally they would sacrifise their own Grandmother for a 2 point rise in the Dow Jones.

Not to mention, many of these vulnerable elderly people with conditions are the exact people who require regular, up close and personal medical treatment.  It's easy to be an arm chair expert but don't you think that maybe the real experts have been wargaming this for a good while?

Ah well, I guess it's such a good idea, we need it twice.   :lol:

However, your death rate is not correct.  We don't have a death rate yet.  I'm only aware of Iceland having the required data.

Yes, all governments would crash the economy - if corporation profit.  Why not?

T00ts

Do you honestly believe that a government, especially a Conservative governmnet, would crash stop the entire economy unless they had no choice - plus every other government in the world even the US, where normally they would sacrifise their own Grandmother for a 2 point rise in the Dow Jones.

Not to mention, many of these vulnerable elderly people with conditions are the exact people who require regular, up close and personal medical treatment.  It's easy to be an arm chair expert but don't you think that maybe the real experts have been wargaming this for a good while?

:hattip  :hattip

Javert

Scott777

Given that Covid-19 almost entirely affects people with quite serious conditions and the elderly, wouldn't it be better to say: only they must self-isolate, and everyone else - back to work.  The government could then ensure the isolated are cared for with food deliveries, etc (assuming there are no volunteers or family to do it)