"We are suffering from a media epidemic"

Started by Borchester, April 04, 2020, 12:50:43 AM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=20269 time=1585999853 user_id=89
Statistics of epedimiology.

Honestly, you should be able to explain how YOU reach your conclusions.  Did he say "must"?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20252 time=1585997084 user_id=54
Well one thing for sure that's a bit of a change from what I thought was your former opinion. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that wasn't the plan. If they can get hold of a reliable antibody test then yes they would be able to put all those with immunity back out there. I am sure that's what every scientist is working for and buying time to make it happen.

I wouldn't put it past the guv to not try as hard as they could.  I'm sure they are quite enjoying the prospect of running out of money, with a reason to blame for it, the NHS going down, and corporations making a profit.  Who knows?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20268 time=1585999685 user_id=59
Did he say "must".  And why?

Statistics of epedimiology.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=20249 time=1585996317 user_id=99
You're saying we would only need to lockdown the vulnerable to bring down deaths greatly. Doherty states the Compliant lockdown population must be 80-90%

Did he say "must".  And why?

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=20262 time=1585998816 user_id=62
. What I am not for is running around like frightened children and screaming that the sky is falling in.

Who is doing that?  The Tory government has proven to be incompetent since May 2010. Personally I am protecting myself, all the Tory Government is doing is to lie.

Borchester

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=20229 time=1585994411 user_id=99
Do you agree with professor John Sydney Oxford that we need to maintain a social distancing program for 80-90% of the population for several weeks to bring down deaths?

If that is what what the good Prof suggests then I am all for it. What I am not for is running around like frightened children and screaming that the sky is falling in. We all have to die, there is no reason to humiliate ourselves in the process.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20231 time=1585994646 user_id=59
Basically to go along with the lockdown for a bit more, as a precaution and to get more data, then seriously consider a vulnerable-only lockdown.

Well one thing for sure that's a bit of a change from what I thought was your former opinion. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that wasn't the plan. If they can get hold of a reliable antibody test then yes they would be able to put all those with immunity back out there. I am sure that's what every scientist is working for and buying time to make it happen.

Nalaar

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20246 time=1585996132 user_id=59
You'll need to explain the contradiction.

You're saying we would only need to lockdown the vulnerable to bring down deaths greatly. Doherty states the Compliant lockdown population must be 80-90%
Don't believe everything you think.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=20245 time=1585996042 user_id=89Source?

ONS

Scott777

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=20244 time=1585995990 user_id=99
You assertion that 'lockdown for the vulnerable only would also bring down deaths greatly' is in contradiction with the statement made by John Sydney Oxford, which is based on the model by Nobel prize winning immunologist Peter Doherty.

By what authority and evidence are you contradicting that claim?

You'll need to explain the contradiction.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20243 time=1585995952 user_id=59
Here's an interesting fact:

Deaths in February (England & Wales) (ONS)

2018 -- 49,177

2019 -- 45,796

2020 -- 43, 653

It will interesting to see what is was for March.

Source?

Latest official weekly stats:-

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877621/Weekly_all_cause_mortality_surveillance_week_14_2020_report.pdf">https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877621/Weekly_all_cause_mortality_surveillance_week_14_2020_report.pdf

Nalaar

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20236 time=1585995171 user_id=59
Depends what "several weeks is".  2 weeks maybe.  Lockdown for the vulnerable only would also bring down deaths greatly (or maybe not, because vulnerable people do die anyway).

2 weeks minimum before the deaths would slow and start to decline, then however many weeks after that to get the death per day number down, as we are seeing in Italy etc.

You assertion that 'lockdown for the vulnerable only would also bring down deaths greatly' is in contradiction with the statement made by John Sydney Oxford, which is based on the model by Nobel prize winning immunologist Peter Doherty.

By what authority and evidence are you contradicting that claim?
Don't believe everything you think.

Scott777

Here's an interesting fact:

Deaths in February (England & Wales) (ONS)

2018 -- 49,177

2019 -- 45,796

2020 -- 43, 653

It will interesting to see what is was for March.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20236 time=1585995171 user_id=59
Depends what "several weeks is".  2 weeks maybe.

I am on officlal lock down for 12 weeks, I expect that to be a lot longer shortly.

Scott777

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=20229 time=1585994411 user_id=99
Do you agree with professor John Sydney Oxford that we need to maintain a social distancing program for 80-90% of the population for several weeks to bring down deaths?

Depends what "several weeks is".  2 weeks maybe.  Lockdown for the vulnerable only would also bring down deaths greatly (or maybe not, because vulnerable people do die anyway).