"We are suffering from a media epidemic"

Started by Borchester, April 04, 2020, 12:50:43 AM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell post_id=20210 time=1585990934 user_id=48
A bad winter flu epidemic eh!

Strange that people are being asked to sign letters agreeing to go away and die quietly,that many at risk groups if infected won't see a hospital bed and care homes have been told don't ring for an ambulance because you won't get one and that only hospital deaths are being counted in official figures.

Great that it's just a runny nose and a few coffin dodgers snuffing it and all blown out of proportion,amazingly so many are better informed than the WHO and that almost every govt in the world a whole army of experts in their field and even Trump agrees it's a problem but you see it as some sort of con trick.

Wonder what old Vlad the Putin would make of your skepticism? Oh yes five years in jail.

Bad flu in terms of the danger of the virus.  The problem is twofold - the NHS has been under pressure for AGES, and now a contagious virus has spread very quickly.  That's why they can't handle it.  Ambulance services have been unfit for purpose for ages.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20205 time=1585988741 user_id=54
So what are you saying about balance? What balance would you inject bearing in mind that careers are being made and lost before our eyes?

Basically to go along with the lockdown for a bit more, as a precaution and to get more data, then seriously consider a vulnerable-only lockdown.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nalaar

Quote from: Borchester post_id=20195 time=1585957843 user_id=62
Professor John Sydney Oxford (born 6 March 1942) is an English

virologist, Professor of Queen Mary, University of London. He is a

leading expert on influenza, including bird flu and the 1918 Spanish

Influenza, and HIV/AIDS." (Wiki):

"Personally, I would say the best advice is to spend less time watching

TV news which is sensational and not very good. Personally, I view this

Covid outbreak as akin to a bad winter influenza epidemic. In this case

we have had 8000 deaths this last year in the 'at risk' groups viz over

65% people with heart disease etc. I do not feel this current Covid will

exceed this number. We are suffering from a media epidemic!" -

https://novuscomms.com/2020/03/31/a-view-from-the-hvivo-open-orphan-orph-laboratory-professor-john-oxford/">//%20https://novuscomms.com/2020/03/31/a-view-from-the-hvivo-open-orphan-orph-laboratory-professor-john-oxford/%20%20

Do you agree with professor John Sydney Oxford that we need to maintain a social distancing program for 80-90% of the population for several weeks to bring down deaths?
Don't believe everything you think.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20216 time=1585992345 user_id=54
It actually breaks my heart that the people who glibly underplay the world concern about this virus are possibly swanning about as if nothing is amiss and making the situation so much worse. If someone is lucky enough to get through it fairly easily they should thank their lucky stars and help others not so fortunate.

:hattip
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=20210 time=1585990934 user_id=48

Strange that people are being asked to sign letters agreeing to go away and die quietly,that many at risk groups if infected won't see a hospital bed and care homes have been told don't ring for an ambulance because you won't get one and that only hospital deaths are being counted in official figures.

Great that it's just a runny nose and a few coffin dodgers snuffing it and all blown out of proportion,amazingly so many are better informed than the WHO and that almost every govt in the world a whole army of experts in their field and even Trump agrees it's a problem but you see it as some sort of con trick.

Wonder what old Vlad the Putin would make of your skepticism? Oh yes five years in jail.

It actually breaks my heart that the people who glibly underplay the world concern about this virus are possibly swanning about as if nothing is amiss and making the situation so much worse. If someone is lucky enough to get through it fairly easily they should thank their lucky stars and help others not so fortunate.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=20203 time=1585986903 user_id=59
Sounds about right, although more contagious, which is why it's helpful to slow it down.  A balance is needed.

I agree that once more the news and media in general are on a feeding frenzy like no other. It''s a gift of fear, drama, anger, anxiety, love stories, despair, worry, victims and heroes. There are investigation opportunities galore coupled with scare mongering fodder sufficient to keep news hounds occupied and in a constant state of alert for the foreseeable future. So what are you saying about balance? What balance would you inject bearing in mind that careers are being made and lost before our eyes?

Scott777

https://novuscomms.com/2020/03/31/a-view-from-the-hvivo-open-orphan-orph-laboratory-professor-john-oxford/">//%20https://novuscomms.com/2020/03/31/a-view-from-the-hvivo-open-orphan-orph-laboratory-professor-john-oxford/%20%20

Sounds about right, although more contagious, which is why it's helpful to slow it down.  A balance is needed.

papasmurf

TV news which is sensational and not very good.

Fortunately due to having a motorised satellite dish, I can watch TV programmes from all over the planet, and I have beem following that advice.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

:hattip
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !