The Football Thread

Started by Cassie, October 19, 2019, 03:43:32 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=17624 time=1582807662 user_id=48
Oh I don't know about superior knowledge and there's a lot of crap talked about in football,it's tribal really and I know you'll  smile but it really was better when it was the working mans game.

Much as I detest anything to do with the swamp but Keane had it right over the prawn sandwich eaters,football has changed and in so many ways not for the better or the people who watch it.

Agreed. My husband was definitely old school with the manners both on and off the field. Too much money at the top was always his cry.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17623 time=1582806763 user_id=54
I bow to your superior knowledge - my footy interest is long over.   :lol:  :lol: For the record - late husband was Spurs fan!!!

Oh I don't know about superior knowledge and there's a lot of crap talked about in football,it's tribal really and I know you'll  smile but it really was better when it was the working mans game.

Much as I detest anything to do with the swamp but Keane had it right over the prawn sandwich eaters,football has changed and in so many ways not for the better or the people who watch it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=17622 time=1582806014 user_id=48
Ooooh! Get you tootsie :D  anyway I could show you vids of yoonited ground staff twirling the turnstiles to help many invisible men through and of late many tickets being given free to schools and colleges who don't turn up but are counted as attending the swamp aka old toilet sorry trafford.

Funny how GMP's figures and theirs are so different. :-P

I bow to your superior knowledge - my footy interest is long over.   :lol:  :lol: For the record - late husband was Spurs fan!!!

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17609 time=1582802856 user_id=54
Make the most of it fellas they'll be stopping all large gatherings soon. Oh I guess it depends on your club which ones are classified as large!  :D

Ooooh! Get you tootsie :D  anyway I could show you vids of yoonited ground staff twirling the turnstiles to help many invisible men through and of late many tickets being given free to schools and colleges who don't turn up but are counted as attending the swamp aka old toilet sorry trafford.

Funny how GMP's figures and theirs are so different. :-P

T00ts

Make the most of it fellas they'll be stopping all large gatherings soon. Oh I guess it depends on your club which ones are classified as large!  :D

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=17573 time=1582793820 user_id=53
Good result on the clubs cv Cromwell but I think you just beat a poor Madrid side .  They have been papering over the cracks for a couple of years now and need a clear out of hasbeen's  who look like they are going through the motions .

Still ,good to stick one on one of Europes 'elite' , just don't feck it up back ...in Manchester  (I was going to write Main Road and have had a brain fart on what it is now )  

Commonwealth games stadium , no , Manchester...no , :roll:  err ..Free to Manchester City .....no,,   :shrg:  Arab spring .  hang on    :thup:

Etihad :-P  actually miss Maine rd and the kippax,love to win it if only to see what they will do and say.

Streetwalker

Good result on the clubs cv Cromwell but I think you just beat a poor Madrid side .  They have been papering over the cracks for a couple of years now and need a clear out of hasbeen's  who look like they are going through the motions .

Still ,good to stick one on one of Europes 'elite' , just don't feck it up back ...in Manchester  (I was going to write Main Road and have had a brain fart on what it is now )  

Commonwealth games stadium , no , Manchester...no , :roll:  err ..Free to Manchester City .....no,,   :shrg:  Arab spring .  hang on    :thup:

cromwell

Just beaten real  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  camel gob on BT sports face like smacked arse.

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=16781 time=1581933127 user_id=53
Good article from Samuel .  Hope City get a positive from the appeal . What Ive never got my head round in all this FFP is how a club with millions of pounds of debt  , Madrid / Man Utd  ect  is OK but a club that is run on a sound financial footing (even if it is via rich owners) is not .

Cheers SW,ffp really is a massive con to ensure only the select few can be allowed to play,the door was closing when the city takeover happened and they've done their best to make life as awkward as possible.

Some of the same clubs here in our domestic leagues started things like this when they stopped sharing any receipts with visiting clubs,this has meant the chances of another Notts Forest or Derby county are slim to the the point of non existent.

I can't see any other business (and that's what footie is now) models where investment to make it succeed is outlawed,can you imagine what the courts would've said if the big supermarkets had said sorry Aldi or Lidl you can't be successful?

If you look around there are clubs like Newcastle where this won't happen because of ffp,Leeds Utd though not in the premier have a large following,why should any club be shut out it would make footie more interesting.

TBH and I've discussed this with you before I preferred the time when there were teams like forest and Derby but these bugger have done their best to ruin it as a working mans game and we are where we are.

You only have to look at Blatter to see the corruption that has run from the top down for a long time.

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell post_id=16695 time=1581853656 user_id=48
And amongst all the bile directed from biased comments from tv media to the papers at least one tries to show some balance and expose what a cartel it is.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8005751/Financial-Fair-Play-UEFA-protection-racket-payback-clubs-hate-Manchester-City.html">//https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8005751/Financial-Fair-Play-UEFA-protection-racket-payback-clubs-hate-Manchester-City.html

Good article from Samuel .  Hope City get a positive from the appeal . What Ive never got my head round in all this FFP is how a club with millions of pounds of debt  , Madrid / Man Utd  ect  is OK but a club that is run on a sound financial footing (even if it is via rich owners) is not .

cromwell

And amongst all the bile directed from biased comments from tv media to the papers at least one tries to show some balance and expose what a cartel it is.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8005751/Financial-Fair-Play-UEFA-protection-racket-payback-clubs-hate-Manchester-City.html">//https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8005751/Financial-Fair-Play-UEFA-protection-racket-payback-clubs-hate-Manchester-City.html

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=16568 time=1581767866 user_id=53
:hattip

Watch this space as they say .

Have you seen the story on the dippers and rags vetting the new PL exec,or the dippers hacking in to City's scouts? Obviously nothing to see here,move on.

Streetwalker

:hattip

Watch this space as they say .

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=16520 time=1581713038 user_id=53
Whats happening Cromwell ?

City banned from Europe for two years !

Well eufa's chief investigator said what the outcome would be before the investigation started,now if that ain't bent what is?.

They'll probably add another year when their crappy anthem is booed again.

There will be an appeal but it obviously doesn't go well with a cartel when a new and threateningly successful club appears to rock the status quo.

Club statement
QuoteManchester City is disappointed but not surprised by today's announcement by the UEFA Adjudicatory Chamber. The Club has always anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body and process to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence in support of its position.

In December 2018, the UEFA Chief Investigator publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to be delivered to Manchester City, before any investigation had even begun. The subsequent flawed and consistently leaked UEFA process he oversaw has meant that there was little doubt in the result that he would deliver.  The Club has formally complained to the UEFA Disciplinary body, a complaint which was validated by a CAS ruling.  

Simply put, this is a case initiated by UEFA, prosecuted by UEFA and judged by UEFA. With this prejudicial process now over, the Club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity.

Streetwalker

Whats happening Cromwell ?

City banned from Europe for two years !