Coughing and sneezing I popped down to the supermarket

Started by Borchester, April 05, 2020, 09:22:34 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Stood in the 800 yard long queue at ASDA last week as we turned the last corner I said somewhat urgently 'can I have your attention people a side effect of a 2017 eye operation makes me sneeze my arse out in bright sunlight and as you can see that bloody cloud is about to

Nope. Out of time ...

Oh shit I thought

Arrrrrrr. CHEW. Times eight. No, ten.

My mate who did not know I was out was queueing, stood in a queue outside another shop a mile down the shopping centre heard me... I'm surprised they didnt hear it in Cardiff

Six people three each side still ducked and ALL of the by then ten people in front told the security bloke to let me in out of the sun before he hurts himself ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Javert

Quote from: Barry post_id=20509 time=1586163090 user_id=51
Maybe I read it wrong, what do you think?

How long to self-isolate

If you have symptoms

If you have symptoms of coronavirus, you'll need to self-isolate for 7 days.

After 7 days]

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/">//https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/

Hmmmm - well I guess if that is the wording, it kind of sounds like if you were the first person to get symptoms and you are the only one to have had any symptoms in your house, then maybe it's ok for you and you only to stop self isolating after 7 day - I think they have changed the wording since the last time I looked.

Barry

Quote from: Javert post_id=20495 time=1586154255 user_id=64
Hi Barry - as far as I'm aware, the government advice still remains that if one person shows symptoms in a household, everyone in that household should self isolate for 14 days, or for 7 days after the last person started showing symptoms, whichever is later.  Therefore I'm not clear why you would think that you can stop because your 7 days are up.

Maybe I read it wrong, what do you think?

How long to self-isolate

If you have symptoms

If you have symptoms of coronavirus, you'll need to self-isolate for 7 days.

After 7 days]

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/">//https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/
† The end is nigh †

Javert

Quote from: Barry post_id=20380 time=1586077298 user_id=51
Going to Sainsbury's later. Wife not allowed in the shop till her 14 days are up. My 7 days are up. yippee, but I'm sure I can still manage a few coughs and cold air by the fridges and freezers makes me sneeze. Might wear a balaclava and my DIY safety specs.

People will think I'm both mad and a contagion risk. I'll be out in no time!    :crzy

Hi Barry - as far as I'm aware, the government advice still remains that if one person shows symptoms in a household, everyone in that household should self isolate for 14 days, or for 7 days after the last person started showing symptoms, whichever is later.  Therefore I'm not clear why you would think that you can stop because your 7 days are up.

However, all that said, as far as I'm aware, they haven't actually said you are not allowed to go to the shops even if you are having symptoms, so long as you stay 2m away from everyone who doesn't live in the same house as you - the whole point of it is that if you are more than 2m away from someone, even if you cough or sneeze you are unlikely to infect them.  I would say it's advisable to get someone else to do shopping for you just to be safe, but as far as I know it's not forbidden.

There also seems to be quite a preponderance of people posting on social media outraged that other people have gone for a walk in the park, whilst themselves being on a walk in the park!  As far as I know, you are perfectly allowed to go for a walk in the park as long as you stay 2m away from everyone who doesn't live in the same house as you.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=20380 time=1586077298 user_id=51
Going to Sainsbury's later. Wife not allowed in the shop till her 14 days are up. My 7 days are up. yippee, but I'm sure I can still manage a few coughs and cold air by the fridges and freezers makes me sneeze. Might wear a balaclava and my DIY safety specs.

People will think I'm both mad and a contagion risk. I'll be out in no time!  :crzy

I was sitting by the bus stop yesterday with a couple of friends. My right leg is buggered, I have high blood pressure and diabetes. One of my friends is blind and the other uses more medication than a medium sized Colombian drug baron. And the blind one said that, to be honest, she didn't have time to worry on the flu.

:D
Algerie Francais !

Barry

People will think I'm both mad and a contagion risk. I'll be out in no time!    :crzy
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20370 time=1586075473 user_id=54
Did you get a lot of funny looks and people taking a wide  berth? My daughter took herself to the supermarket the other day. She did a massive shop in order to avoid going again for a while and has a click and collect lined up in a couple of weeks. She passed an elderly man in the shop coughing like mad. It made her feel nervous, but she told me later that she suddenly realised that I have a permanent cough and that a cough doesn't mean the worst. On the other hand............. she was glad to get back to the carpark.

Every one was thoroughly decent Toots and a lot politer than I would have been. That said, most everyone I know seems to spend half his or her life coughing and sneezing and being generally disgusting. The only difference is that we are noticing it more.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=20367 time=1586074954 user_id=62
And the security guard looked at me and no doubt thought silly old bastard, but even so ushered me to the front of the queue and thus got me out of the shop as soon as possible.

I have actually got hay fever as a result of the current heatwave, but now that I have loaded up on Lavazza coffee, cream and almond biscotti I should be able to self isolate on my allotment for the afternoon.

Did you get a lot of funny looks and people taking a wide  berth? My daughter took herself to the supermarket the other day. She did a massive shop in order to avoid going again for a while and has a click and collect lined up in a couple of weeks. She passed an elderly man in the shop coughing like mad. It made her feel nervous, but she told me later that she suddenly realised that I have a permanent cough and that a cough doesn't mean the worst. On the other hand............. she was glad to get back to the carpark.

Borchester

And the security guard looked at me and no doubt thought silly old bastard, but even so ushered me to the front of the queue and thus got me out of the shop as soon as possible.

I have actually got hay fever as a result of the current heatwave, but now that I have loaded up on Lavazza coffee, cream and almond biscotti I should be able to self isolate on my allotment for the afternoon.
Algerie Francais !