How sick is BJ? Unity Government?

Started by T00ts, April 03, 2020, 11:03:29 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Barry post_id=20686 time=1586209314 user_id=51
It's called sour grapes. At an inappropriate time.

:hattip

Yep. Nail on head barry.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=20676 time=1586205620 user_id=63
No, no and thrice no.

Starmer actively conspired with traitors to bring down the will of the people and install his idea of what should be done instead. For that he deserves a rope, but since his admirer Blair removed that from the books, the labour party should be in opposition forcat leastvas long as you get jailed for treason these days.

And no parole.

Only this will teach the party the things they did have consequences they must now suffer

They have no place in running the country.

The people could not have made that any clearer last december

Pretty much what i have said is going to be starmers problem especially in Englandshire.

I am surprised toots thinks brexit is done. You might have removed the flag and MEP`s from brussells , but surely everyone agreed on the old forum and this one that you have years of negotiations ahead .

The idea the brexiting english public are going to want some blairite chancer who used every dirty trick in the book to stop england/uk leaving the eu despite that being the referendum result in 2016 is fancifull to my mind.

Starmer would act the european fifth columnist  , and by the end of things you would be back inside the european union without so much as a by your leave , we know best , you voted wrong the first time .

Look at what he has done in the party as expected , removed the momentum corbynites for the most part and replaced them with the b team blairites from 2010 - 2015 , including the former failed leader milliband. Pro europeans to the core who have no intent in any way shape or form or respecting the eu referendum result , and intend to shaft brexiters in any and every way they can.

Fully agree with you john , we are all still paying for the disaster that was the blairite governments in the past , and i personally have no wish to see them running so much as a county council never mind government.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Javert

I have had this Covid-19 and I know other people who've been hospitalised with it including the wife.

I do not think for a second that Boris Johnson has been remotely capable of doing his job.  From a human perspective, and for his family, I deeply sympathise and it must be horrible for them as it would be for anybody.

When you have late stage Covid-19, your blood oxygen saturation levels will be significantly down, and you are technically coming towards the verge of hypoxia, if not already in it.  To claim that a person in this state should be controlling the nuclear launch codes for the country is ludicrous - they should not even be serving a Greggs pasty.

I didn't even go to hospital and at the worst point in it, I was confused and disoriented and could hardly remember the end of a sentence by the time I was half way through it - do you want that person making major decisions on your behalf?

I feel for him and his family as a human being, but I would also say that if he doesn't pull through, this does not mean I will feel obliged to participate in the obligatory mythologisation of his astonishing feats of leadership - from where I'm sitting, his list of public relations victories is large, but his list of actual big achievements that have made the lives of ordinary people better is extremely thin.

This is a leader who lives by lies - he was even tweeting from the hospital yesterday that he was doing fine and everything would be great, even though he of all people is based placed to rationally know that Covid-19 patients at his stage of the illness can suddenly take a massive downturn and be in ICU within hours.  But no, I am Boris Johnson the king of the world and this can never happen to me.....  this is actually a fitting metaphor for his entire approach to life and one reason why he is completely unfit to rule a country.

I suspect that his Eton education and innate sense of exceptionlism tells him that even in a state of hypoxia, his is still better than everyone else at everything.

I also very strongly suspect that he didn't bother telling the people around him, including his pregnant girlfriend, that he was getting ill.  He was visibly breathless in the Wednesday press conference the week before last, and then had to be dragged kicking and screaming to be tested by Chris Whitty, who he repaid by infecting him.

As a human being I don't wish physical harm on anyboday, but as a leader this man is a dangerous charlatan, and sadly I don't think a brush with death will change his attitude, but would hope to be proved wrong.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=20698 time=1586245210 user_id=62
They always say that. Just make sure you ring your lawyer before they take you down to Paddington Green

I live 320 miles away from Tommies, and I am "confined" to barracks for 12 weeks.

I only commented on a possible scenario, which I am quite sure is on the security services list of possible threats to government.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=20697 time=1586244571 user_id=89
I merely posted a comment from another forum ....

They always say that. Just make sure you ring your lawyer before they take you down to Paddington Green
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=20696 time=1586243624 user_id=62
I see. You have evidence that the medical staff intend to assassinate Boris? Serious stuff Pappy. Have you passed this information onto the relevant authorities?

I merely posted a comment from another forum that was posted by a vulnerable person.

The hostility of nurses towards the Tory goverment is well known.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=20694 time=1586242981 user_id=89
Well with the way the Tories have treated nurses over the last 10 years that  policy may be under threat.

I see. You have evidence that the medical staff intend to assassinate Boris? Serious stuff Pappy. Have you passed this information onto the relevant authorities?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=20693 time=1586242621 user_id=62
Dunno. It would probably be ignored anyway. St Thomas' is the sort of place where they reckon if a patient comes in alive, then he or she should leave the same way.

Well with the way the Tories have treated nurses over the last 10 years that  policy may be under threat.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=20692 time=1586241516 user_id=89
Comment from another forum by one of the 1.5 million vulnerable people:-

As I woke up this morning a wee question, sort of tongue in cheek like, crossed my mind, what are the chances of someone at the hospital where Johnson is being treated hanging a DNR notice on his bed?

Dunno. It would probably be ignored anyway. St Thomas' is the sort of place where they reckon if a patient comes in alive, then he or she should leave the same way.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Comment from another forum by one of the 1.5 million vulnerable people:-

As I woke up this morning a wee question, sort of tongue in cheek like, crossed my mind, what are the chances of someone at the hospital where Johnson is being treated hanging a DNR notice on his bed?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=20672 time=1586203700 user_id=48
Playing to the gallery eh! well us who act like a bunch of girls all over the Chinese sniffles and runny nose cos it's all just a laugh and a joke think it's probably a lot more serious.

Nah. Boris is PM and his doctor isn't going to say take a couple of aspirins and come back in a week. He should, but he won't. So Boris will rest up in St Thomas' and wait upon events.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=20686 time=1586209314 user_id=51

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Javert post_id=20682 time=1586208135 user_id=64
That's strange.  Most of you on this forum seemed to think these people were all heroes who could do no wrong until recently.  

Remember - these are the heroes of the country who got Brexit done.  They are invincible and I'm sure this is all part of the plan.  This is what you guys have told me for 3 years so it must be true.

Really made some good posts today......till now,this isn't about brexit which isn't an issue at this time.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20684 time=1586208804 user_id=54

Sorry I don't understand the relevance.

† The end is nigh †