How sick is BJ? Unity Government?

Started by T00ts, April 03, 2020, 11:03:29 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=20127 time=1585917408 user_id=62
Mine and my mates.

We reckon that Boris is an amoral self centred whoresmelt and that is the way we like our politicians.

Most people I know would like him and his goverment hung from lamp-posts.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=20125 time=1585917053 user_id=89
What approval ratings?

Mine and my mates.

We reckon that Boris is an amoral self centred whoresmelt and that is the way we like our politicians.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas post_id=20123 time=1585916920 user_id=58
Certainly his approval ratings in the englandshire part of the disunited kingdom seem to be as high if not higher than ever.

What approval ratings?

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=20110 time=1585912536 user_id=62
Well, his girlfriend is in the family way and he has the flu, so the poor sod is probably suffering from nigh on terminal earache. The nation's thoughts (or at least, that chunk of the nation that has been there ) are with him at this time.

Certainly his approval ratings in the englandshire part of the disunited kingdom seem to be as high if not higher than ever. He appears to be untouchable.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20096 time=1585908209 user_id=54
Views of BJ over the last couple of days show me a man struggling. He has lost a substantial amount of weight this week . He is having to make what looks like exhausting effort when addressing the media in order to get his message out, and there is doubt that 7 days isolation will be enough. It has been only too evident in recent days that depth is lacking in Cabinet. The business secretary was dreadful when he led the update a couple of days ago, bringing the Health Sec out with all guns blazing to try and get the message out yesterday. Even Gove lacked lustre with few answers when he took his turn.

They need to get their act together. This is a national emergency - should there be a national unity government? It couldn't happen with Corbyn but  Starmer might be able to contribute.

Well, his girlfriend is in the family way and he has the flu, so the poor sod is probably suffering from nigh on terminal earache. The nation's thoughts (or at least, that chunk of the nation that has been there ) are with him at this time.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20103 time=1585911416 user_id=54
Well yes you would say that but the politicians have the public mandate,

The politicians are not up to the job. (That is now VERY obvious.)

Javert

Well this crisis is showing the appalling lack of competence on the Government front bench - there is precious little people to call on who are actually competent to deal with a crisis like this, mainly because the number 1 criteria for getting into the cabinet was supporting a no deal Brexit.

The PM has been ill since even before it's been admitted - I had already pointed out to someone during the Press Conference on Wednesday 25th March that he was visibly breathless upon walking in to the room - this is a classic Covid-19 symptom being breathless after only small / short effort.  This is exactly what I had also.  I said at the time that either he had Covid 19, or he had run from the other end of Downing Street.

Matt Hancock was actually (surprisingly) reasonably impressive so far, but that may be only when you see his performance relative to his colleagues.

The PM has shown himself to be completely unsuited to a crisis of this nature, which is ironic considering his transparent desire to be like Winston Churchill.  He is incapable of coming across as serious or trustworthy to a large percent of the population.  The big test of a great PM is whether he could adapt his style and approach to "events".  The current PM has shown zero ability to do that so far.

Luckily, since the main crisis hit and they realised things were really hitting the fan, the government has mainly let the experts take the decisions and then just tried to spin them to claim the credit if it goes well, whilst positioning themselves to blame the experts if it goes badly.  Disgusting but typical politics.

They are determined though not to be honest about how long this lockdown is going to last - they know full well that there's a 95% chance it will last at least into June, so talking of 3 week reviews is nonsense.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=20100 time=1585910265 user_id=89
It needs to be left to logistics experts and medical experts, we would all be a lot better off if the politcians all shut up for the next three months.

Well yes you would say that but the politicians have the public mandate, they have the ability to over-ride the foibles of medics and scientists if proof comes that they are wrong. They are not in the same bubble as the scientists and their computers readings etc.  Government is answerable to the people in a way that the NHS etc can't even imagine/dread. People have been heating up the wires to their MPs with proof and desperation in a way that the boffins don't experience. For once all the elected have a very visible duty to the electorate.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20096 time=1585908209 user_id=54

They need to get their act together. This is a national emergency - should there be a national unity government? It couldn't happen with Corbyn but  Starmer might be able to contribute.

It needs to be left to logistics experts and medical experts, we would all be a lot better off if the politcians all shut up for the next three months.

T00ts

Views of BJ over the last couple of days show me a man struggling. He has lost a substantial amount of weight this week . He is having to make what looks like exhausting effort when addressing the media in order to get his message out, and there is doubt that 7 days isolation will be enough. It has been only too evident in recent days that depth is lacking in Cabinet. The business secretary was dreadful when he led the update a couple of days ago, bringing the Health Sec out with all guns blazing to try and get the message out yesterday. Even Gove lacked lustre with few answers when he took his turn.