Are they trying to start again?

Started by T00ts, April 09, 2020, 09:19:09 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Understandably having stopped testing outside of hospital we have no option but stay as we are until cases fall substantially but once they lift the lockdown unless the virus has disappeared completely surely we will be back at square one before we know it. So what are they planning?

Are they waiting for 2 things?

1) the number of hospital cases/deaths to drop.

2) enough testing kits to come on stream.

I feel they have badly misunderstood the necessity for testing everyone and tracing contacts and slow on the uptake at the speed this virus spreads. They stopped tests saying it was no longer needed where in fact I suspect they hadn't ordered the testing kits, hadn't developed analysis capacity and I hate to say it, but allowed Health England to sit drinking coffee instead of getting prepared. I just wonder if they are hoping to take us back to a point where this time they will test test test, trace trace,trace and isolate. I can't help thinking that because they failed to get their ducks in a row the virus has led rather than science or medics.

Just one question - what hope have they really got of getting the initiative back now that the genie is out of the bottle and running amok?