Started by Borchester, April 11, 2020, 10:41:55 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=21195 time=1586716992 user_id=53
Ive had the or something

Hope yer aw right streetwalker. :thup:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Just had an email from a friend in Brittany. His oldest daughter, late 30s in age was in intensive care for several days. She is still VERY ill, BUT it is NOT Covid-19.  Still a mystery, (She is a heavy smoker, and did "good works," in Africa for several years.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Ive had the or something

The Mrs brought it home from work going into the cough fit fever syndrome 3 days after they shut the pub .

I did my best to look after her more or less giving up the chances of avoiding it , I tell her now she is the only girl with corona to get a goodnight kiss .

I went down just as the Mrs was showing signs of improvement  just a mild cough but a raving fever .Feeling sick and unable to move . The smell of corona is something else ,everything just stinks or tastes  of it , then nothing , delirium and a week in middle earth dreaming of weird crap that didn't make sense . Returning to planet earth and  just the fever seemed somehow a turn for the better

Then eventually a dry day , the fever had stopped , the Mrs is out in the garden arranging pots . The tiredness is now the challenge , can hardly go for a leak without collapsing back into bed .

The appetite is coming back ,the periods of awake becoming longer and I guess the tiredness will be replaced with energy.  Ive lost track of time but don't really care .

Im thinking we are two of the lucky ones

Look after yourself mate  ;)  :hattip
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Javert

Ive had the or something

The Mrs brought it home from work going into the cough fit fever syndrome 3 days after they shut the pub .

I did my best to look after her more or less giving up the chances of avoiding it , I tell her now she is the only girl with corona to get a goodnight kiss .

I went down just as the Mrs was showing signs of improvement  just a mild cough but a raving fever .Feeling sick and unable to move . The smell of corona is something else ,everything just stinks or tastes  of it , then nothing , delirium and a week in middle earth dreaming of weird crap that didn't make sense . Returning to planet earth and  just the fever seemed somehow a turn for the better

Then eventually a dry day , the fever had stopped , the Mrs is out in the garden arranging pots . The tiredness is now the challenge , can hardly go for a leak without collapsing back into bed .

The appetite is coming back ,the periods of awake becoming longer and I guess the tiredness will be replaced with energy.  Ive lost track of time but don't really care .

Hi Streetwalker, what you describe sounds very much like some people's experience of Coronavirus and also the incubation period for yourself is about right.  

I too am still feeling fatigued and occasionally a bit breathless over 3 weeks after the first symptoms but there's no denying I am ten times better than I was 10 days ago.  My wife was told after coming out of hospital it will take her 6-8 weeks before she feels back to normal and she is still only able to be up and about for an hour or two each day, but slowly improving.

Streetwalker

Ive had the or something

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts post_id=21097 time=1586610492 user_id=54
Perhaps that is the answer. I have been wondering why it's so quiet here. I thought the current circumstances would make this a hive of activity so it must be that although no-one is working officially you are all on house duty up a ladder on in the garden fixing/improving something.

Apart from me. I have my lower left leg in a tubigrip to stop the infection caused when I tried to clear the jungle from rising all the way up like it did 15 years ago, to give oral.antibiotics a fighting chance when ideally I'd be an in patient getting them intravenously. So I cant do much except play test nuking wuhan in flight simulator...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

bestkeptsecret

Quote from: T00ts post_id=21097 time=1586610492 user_id=54
Perhaps that is the answer. I have been wondering why it's so quiet here. I thought the current circumstances would make this a hive of activity so it must be that although no-one is working officially you are all on house duty up a ladder on in the garden fixing/improving something.

There isn't a whole lot of politics going on right now either to be fair. Aside from the Labour leadership change and appointment of the new Shadow team there isn't a great deal to talk about.
Thank you for your cooperation

T00ts

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=21085 time=1586606406 user_id=62
They are always thinking of us  :D

It is a hand lock-stitching kit, that will even stitch leather. (Assuming you don't lock stitch a hand or a finger.)

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=21084 time=1586604431 user_id=89
At the moment my Ball and Chain is putting a tent up in the garden.

(I have to do some repair work on it using the kit she got me as a Christmas present.)

They are always thinking of us  :D
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21079 time=1586601336 user_id=58

These womanfolk are very demanding so they are.

At the moment my Ball and Chain is putting a tent up in the garden.

(I have to do some repair work on it using the kit she got me as a Christmas present.)

cromwell

Yep exactly the same here. Despite the world being locked down , money running scarce , my wife still managed to go out the other day and find a shop that remains open and sells feckin paint.

So far this week i have plumbed in a new dishwasher that was lying in the garage as the old one broke , fitted some new kitchen units with a plinth still to cut to size and fit , have managed to paint around three quarters of the outside render on the house , and have an endless supply of paint awaiting me for rooms inside.

Thats just for starters.

Most folks eyes glazed over after three weeks of lockdown , but when it dawned on my dearly beloved that this could continue for a while yet , her eyes lit up and she started scribbling on a bit of paper a  few other jobs i might do if i have the time. :-?  :shock:

I always thought you were in good fettle :lol:  ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Yep exactly the same here. Despite the world being locked down , money running scarce , my wife still managed to go out the other day and find a shop that remains open and sells feckin paint.

So far this week i have plumbed in a new dishwasher that was lying in the garage as the old one broke , fitted some new kitchen units with a plinth still to cut to size and fit , have managed to paint around three quarters of the outside render on the house , and have an endless supply of paint awaiting me for rooms inside.

Thats just for starters.

Most folks eyes glazed over after three weeks of lockdown , but when it dawned on my dearly beloved that this could continue for a while yet , her eyes lit up and she started scribbling on a bit of paper a  few other jobs i might do if i have the time. :-?  :shock:

:D
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=21075 time=1586600797 user_id=62
Ain't that the bloody truth Tommy  :D  :D

I don't know how things are at your end, but although the economy is in a state of collapse and Azrael 's wings can be heard softly beating in every household in the country, down here the womenfolk still manage to find the paints and rollers and dust sheets and all the other instruments of torture.

Thats just for starters.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Javert post_id=21071 time=1586598967 user_id=64
If you have symptoms that could be consistent of Covid-19, I strongly suggest that you rest up and do nothing and drink lots of fluids.  Continuing with daily chores will make it worse and increase your risk of hospitalisation.

My point exactly Javert. Now explain that to the CO. I should be on light duties with lots of bedrest and the chance to work my way through season 1 of The Good Wife, but it doesn't look as though that will happen.
Algerie Francais !