This deal is no good either

Started by T00ts, October 20, 2019, 09:04:18 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Boris is making Corbyn look electable.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Ferrets in a sack,comes to mind.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

You have the cheek to label me asnine , stevlin ,  for pointing out the very thing your own prime minister boris johnson said a mere four months ago. :lol:  :lol:

https://indyposterboy.scot/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/boris_english_parliament-600x432.jpg">
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1664 time=1571683984 user_id=54
It's always been so unfair. We don't vote on devolved issues but have none of our own.

David cameron incase you forget brought in the english only votes for english laws , or EVEL for short in case you forget toots.

Not that you need them , with 533 seats out of 650 , you can vote any other country down any time you like.

Funny that unlike the eu where we have 27 countries each with a vote and a veto in an equal union , however imperfect , we have the so called uk union , the most unequal union in the world , where three countries are outvoted by one any time that country so chooses and we dont have a veto .

I thin devolution is irrelevant for england in this case. You dont need it.

Never the less i am and remain the greatest supporter for english indy on these boards as i was o the other forum

Thomas

Quote from: Stevlin post_id=1663 time=1571683867 user_id=66
Indeed Toots.....but strange how some people asininely continue to ignore 1707.....and have the effrontery to claim that we Anglos have our own Parliament - despite that Scottish prat Blair ensuring his beloved Scotland, Wales and NI had their own Parliaments..... even if only on devolved issues...whilst England just have the British Parliament.

Here you go stevlin ,despite 1707 ,  your prime minister appears to agree with me.......... :hattip

https://indyposterboy.scot/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/a5_two_unions_s1-600x428.jpg">

T00ts

Quote from: Stevlin post_id=1663 time=1571683867 user_id=66
Indeed Toots.....but strange how some people asininely continue to ignore 1707.....and have the effrontery to claim that we Anglos have our own Parliament - despite that Scottish prat Blair ensuring his beloved Scotland, Wales and NI had their own Parliaments..... even if only on devolved issues...whilst England just have the British Parliament.

It's always been so unfair. We don't vote on devolved issues but have none of our own.

Stevlin

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1647 time=1571680380 user_id=54
Oh Thomas I wish that was so.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1647 time=1571680380 user_id=54

I know what you mean toots , but the westminster parliament has always operated under the illusion of being the parliament of the four nations , when it has never been so.

We have our own parliaments and our own histories , and when each and every one of us were captured by the denizens of that place , i would like to best sum up the attitude of the english parliament to the scots irish and welsh by paraphrasing under secretary cooke to prime minister william pitt when he commented....

"by giving the celts 172 members out of an assembly of 658 , they will be impotent to operate on that assembly , but it will be invested with their assent to its authority over them..."
[/b]

This was in the uk general election of 1802 , where despite scotland , ireland and wales making up 60 % of the land of these islands and having 50 % of the population , we were given 26% of the representation in it.

No matter the electoral system in use at the time , no one has ever been able to explain englands disproportionate representation in that parliament all those years ago .

It has never been our parliament , the irish were sensible to get out all those years ago , and hopefully our turn will come next. Westminster is no more my parliament than brussells is yours.......

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas post_id=1640 time=1571679268 user_id=58
I dont have a disconnect with westminster , because i have never been connected with it.Its not my parliament , its your countries parliament.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=1615 time=1571664814 user_id=52
Well actually I meant by voting SNP,which has been growing for a generation,because of the disconnect at Westminster.I can understand your belief in anything apart from Westminster,all the evidence shows centralised power in Brussels is just moving the goalposts.That is my personal opinion which has been made by watching all sides.

I dont have a disconnect with westminster , because i have never been connected with it.Its not my parliament , its your countries parliament.

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=1616 time=1571664974 user_id=52
Well I guess you have never been young and naive then.

Naive? I need to think about that one.  :D

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1613 time=1571664600 user_id=54
Wot? You've lost me. Do you sell dictionaries?

Well I guess you have never been young and naive then.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas post_id=1543 time=1571650405 user_id=58
No sheep 55% of scots did 5 years ago. We will see how many think the same next time.

Well actually I meant by voting SNP,which has been growing for a generation,because of the disconnect at Westminster.I can understand your belief in anything apart from Westminster,all the evidence shows centralised power in Brussels is just moving the goalposts.That is my personal opinion which has been made by watching all sides.

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1613 time=1571664600 user_id=54

A sheepy to English one!

:kikass:  :kikass:  :kikass:  :kikass:  :kikass:  x lots of millions for Dominic Grieve!

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=1610 time=1571664437 user_id=52
I am trying to find some sympathy for those who never learn,those who think experience isn't as good as what your college professor tells you.