To the despair of his opponents, Boris Johnson is more

Started by Borchester, April 15, 2020, 11:14:28 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

The yookay being possibly the only country to still have open borders doesnt appear to be going down very well with the "public" either.Cant see it damaging the tories too much , but it certainly is taking a shine off their approval ratings amid growing anger..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVyDwXQXYAA6zxo?format=jpg&name=large">

https://twitter.com/paullewismoney/status/1251019672226541568">https://twitter.com/paullewismoney/stat ... 2226541568">https://twitter.com/paullewismoney/status/1251019672226541568
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

QuoteSensational Panelbase poll shows SNP have further increased their enormous lead over the Tories
[/b]

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.com/2020/03/panelbase-poll-shows-snp-have-further.html">http://scotgoespop.blogspot.com/2020/03 ... rther.html">http://scotgoespop.blogspot.com/2020/03/panelbase-poll-shows-snp-have-further.html

QuoteScottish Parliament constituency voting intentions:

SNP 51% (+1)

Conservatives 26% (n/c)

Labour 14% (n/c)

Liberal Democrats 6% (-1)

Greens 3% (n/c)

Scottish Parliament regional list voting intentions:

SNP 48% (+1)

Conservatives 26% (+1)

Labour 13% (-1)
[/b]

QuoteShould Scotland be an independent country?

Yes 49% (-3)

No 51% (+3)
[/b]

Respondents to the poll feel that Nicola Sturgeon is responding better to the current crisis than Boris Johnson - she gets a net rating of +54 compared to Johnson's rating of +17.
[/b]

Polls from a few weeks back. The drip drip drip of the unionist vote in scotland disappearing and the ticking timebomb of the ever increasing indy vote should provide a good bit of squeaky bum time for the "brutish".

Still as it stands , with piers morgan providing the oppostion to boris johnson , short term barring a calamity i dont think bojo or wee Nick have much to worry about. :)

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=21517 time=1587118284 user_id=62
I go along with most of that.

Boris is popular because he tends to leave the electorate alone, something that you rightly point out the Labour party has only rarely managed to do.  Plus, when he does do anything he makes sure that it is what the public want, not what it should have.

Ah ...mob rule borkie. Easy politics , wether its good for "the people" or not.

Still he ( johnson) doesnt seem to be popular outside englandshire though , so as it stands i cant complain.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=21394 time=1587017352 user_id=48
Labour have lost their way,a party that was formed to protect the ordinary people from the worst excesses of capitalism and was instrumental in putting in to place many institutions and policy that has benefited millions.

They are now bogged down with people who want to hector and lecture those they supposedly serve and their contempt for those who wont endorse their chosen path is clear to see,Boris is only popular because of their shortcomings.

I go along with most of that.

Boris is popular because he tends to leave the electorate alone, something that you rightly point out the Labour party has only rarely managed to do.  Plus, when he does do anything he makes sure that it is what the public want, not what it should have.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

...yet the tories are in power in westminster , and the SNP in holyrood , with labour receiving political drubbings in both scotland and england the like of which they have never seen in a century.

When the anti semitism scandal was at its height in the labour party , you said the same thing..........all political parties are anti something to get labour off the hook.

:lol:

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21421 time=1587030473 user_id=58
:lol:  :lol:  :fpigs:

As long as labours lack of talent is WORSE than anyone elses lack of talent and it keeps them out of power , then im happy.

All current politicians are talentless.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=21417 time=1587030009 user_id=89
I don't support ANY political party and never have. I long for the day the last politician is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Don't extraploate my hatred, (with good reason,) of the Tories as support for any other political party. They Tories are merely the worst out of a bad shower.
:lol:  :lol:  :fpigs:

As long as labours lack of talent is WORSE than anyone elses lack of talent and it keeps them out of power , then im happy.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21415 time=1587029742 user_id=58
You would say that you are a closet labour supporter.

I don't support ANY political party and never have. I long for the day the last politician is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Don't extraploate my hatred, (with good reason,) of the Tories as support for any other political party. They Tories are merely the worst out of a bad shower.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=21414 time=1587029693 user_id=89
There is  lack of talent in all political parties.

You would say that you are a closet labour supporter.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21410 time=1587029271 user_id=58

As i said it shows the complete lack of talent in this party ,

There is  lack of talent in all political parties.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=21391 time=1587016329 user_id=63
Leaving aside the illness recovery factor it cannot have escaped everyone's attention that Corbyns replacement is the architect of the remain treason within the labour party and the man atbthe head of the CPS at the height of the institutional turning of a blind eye to pakistani Islamic grooming.

And Starmer has chosen a shadow cabinet stuffed to the brim with those associated with those policies.

I cannot but rejoice that labour continue down a path that will ensure my grand daughter will have retired without ever paying a penny in tax to a labour chancellor of the exchequer.

Totaly agree john , and once normal politics resumes , this will be getting pointed out at every opportunity im sure.

Another blunder by labour.

As i said it shows the complete lack of talent in this party , when the best they can do over a ten year period is flip flop between blairites to hard left momentum , back to blairites.

Totally bereft of any vision , new ideas or progressive politics. Merely raking over the old coals of the past , and by christ starmer has baggage full of old coals as you say.

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=21391 time=1587016329 user_id=63
Leaving aside the illness recovery factor it cannot have escaped everyone's attention that Corbyns replacement is the architect of the remain treason within the labour party and the man atbthe head of the CPS at the height of the institutional turning of a blind eye to pakistani Islamic grooming.

And Starmer has chosen a shadow cabinet stuffed to the brim with those associated with those policies.

I cannot but rejoice that labour continue down a path that will ensure my grand daughter will have retired without ever paying a penny in tax to a labour chancellor of the exchequer.

Labour have lost their way,a party that was formed to protect the ordinary people from the worst excesses of capitalism and was instrumental in putting in to place many institutions and policy that has benefited millions.

They are now bogged down with people who want to hector and lecture those they supposedly serve and their contempt for those who wont endorse their chosen path is clear to see,Boris is only popular because of their shortcomings.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=21354 time=1586946168 user_id=99
I do not find this surprising.

If Corbyn was Prime Minister, and was struck by the disease and like Johnson, I would expect a similar bump in popularity.

I suspect another bump that will shortly increase Boris's popularity even more is the one sported by Carrie Symonds...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Wiggles

Quote from: Borchester post_id=21351 time=1586945668 user_id=62
popular than ever

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/04/14/despair-opponents-boris-johnson-popular-ever/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget">//https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/04/14/despair-opponents-boris-johnson-popular-ever/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

Just a stub I am afraid and from the Torygraph, which to be honest, is not entirely impartial. But it does seem to suggest that BoJo's policy of smiling a lot, waving his hands in the air and letting matters take their course seems to be working.

We had years of that with Blair, and he manage to ruin the country at the same time
A hand up, not a hand out