Nightingale hospitals badly thought through publicity stunt....Peston.

Started by Thomas, April 17, 2020, 03:26:44 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=21750 time=1587288914 user_id=59
I see, so you don't know what Barry was referring to, but you do know that no one disputes it.

I dont really care what barry is referring to. He made the claim , not me , which is the point.

Now back to you. Wheres your links and what tests are you talking about?

You have already had a load of your posts moved to the conspiracy theory thread and twilight zone , i suspect we are about to see more of your posts over there. :roll:  :lol:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Scott777

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21733 time=1587284261 user_id=58
You vaguely infferred testing kits dont work , i asked which one , and provided a link to chinese kits the uk gov foolishly bought that dont work , and it was barry who made this claim.

Ask barry the question.

I see, so you don't know what Barry was referring to, but you do know that no one disputes it, and you also don't dispute it.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Thomas

Scott for the last time , on this whole thread , practically every post of yours refers to vague insinuations about unreliable tests and unreliable methods.

No one else. Its down to you to tell us what you are talking about and provide links to back up your claims as i have done in many of my posts. Its not down to others.

If you cant , then you are making things up  , and we know to ignore what you are saying.

Thomas

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=21747 time=1587288453 user_id=59
You're not making sense.  YOU brought up the testing: "it could have followed the WHO guidance and started locking down and testing /contact tracing".  And depending on which tests YOU are referring to, they MAY be unreliable.

Link me which tests are unreliable then  ( i already did one of for u), instead of yet again using a diversionary post on who brought up what where and when.

link please?

Scott777

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21732 time=1587284065 user_id=58
You tell me scott. You were the one who engaged me on this thread on the second page , and then as the conversation developed , you started talking about corporations etc.

I went ont to mention my point which was if the uk government had acted much earlier , it could have followed the WHO guidance and started locking down and testing /contact tracing and we might very well be in a better place than where we are.

You then made this comment...

With the insinuation the testing is faulty. I then asked you to explain what you meant...

You're not making sense.  YOU brought up the testing: "it could have followed the WHO guidance and started locking down and testing /contact tracing".  And depending on which tests YOU are referring to, they MAY be unreliable.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Thomas

I stand slightly corrected. Buzzfeed have this article.....

QuoteRevealed: The UK's "Three Stage" Exit Strategy To Ease The Coronavirus Lockdown

A "best case scenario" would see some non-essential retail shops and industries reopen in early to mid-May, further social distancing measures relaxed over the summer, but the elderly and vulnerable facing strict "shielding" restrictions lasting until a vaccine is found.
[/b]

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/coronavirus-uk-lockdown-three-stage-exit-plan?ref=hpsplash">https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/co ... f=hpsplash">https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/coronavirus-uk-lockdown-three-stage-exit-plan?ref=hpsplash

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=21741 time=1587286946 user_id=50
I know mate. Its becoming a non discussable subject now. And because I don't agree with the consensus view, this somehow means I don't care if people die.

The UK has made a total mess of it, Thomas. You know it, I know it. The worst is yet to come ole pal, that's the saddest part.

Totally agree deppity.

We all have our differences of opinion and politics , thats what we are here to discuss. I cant believe those who are defending this shit show.

Furlough scheme the government promised still isnt up and running , apparently the first stage for claiming will be up and running tomorrow according to the gov wesbsite.

Feck knows when business will get the money once they claim.

Mate owns a garage and is trying to flog off a van and car to make ends meet. Speak to a lot of folk across many differing platforms and so many small business are close to running out of cash completely.

Government help if it actually appears looks like being too little too late.

Still no end game in sight , nor exit strategy.

Thomas

https://archive.is/20200418182037/https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/coronavirus-38-days-when-britain-sleepwalked-into-disaster-hq3b9tlgh">https://archive.is/20200418182037/https ... -hq3b9tlgh">https://archive.is/20200418182037/https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/coronavirus-38-days-when-britain-sleepwalked-into-disaster-hq3b9tlgh

Paywall free article above.

QuoteThat afternoon his spokesman played down the looming threat from the east and reassured the nation that we were "well prepared for any new diseases". The confident, almost nonchalant, attitude displayed that day in January would continue for more than a month.

Johnson went on to miss four further Cobra meetings on the virus. As Britain was hit by unprecedented flooding, he completed the EU withdrawal, reshuffled his cabinet and then went away to the grace-and-favour country retreat at Chevening where he spent most of the two weeks over half-term with his pregnant fiancée, Carrie Symonds.

Johnson with Symonds in a selfie posted on social media in February

It would not be until March 2 — another five weeks — that Johnson would attend a Cobra meeting about the coronavirus. But by then it was almost certainly too late. The virus had sneaked into our airports, our trains, our workplaces and our homes. Britain was on course for one of the worst infections of the most deadly virus to have hit the world in more than a century.
[/b]

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21739 time=1587286308 user_id=58
These arseholes in charge and their feckin lackeys who support them are going to feck both your country  , and mine right over big time.

Any dissent from tory propaganda , and im being accused of everything from a chinese bot to a child who doesnt understand grown up politics .

When even the torygraph are slaughtering the tory government and johnson for the dismall handling of both the unfolding health crises and economic crises at play here you know its not just those nasty scottish nationalists who dont know their place deppity.

I know mate. Its becoming a non discussable subject now. And because I don't agree with the consensus view, this somehow means I don't care if people die.

The UK has made a total mess of it, Thomas. You know it, I know it. The worst is yet to come ole pal, that's the saddest part.

Thomas

This made me laugh this morning.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EV6rjyeXgAAT82G?format=jpg&name=small">

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=21738 time=1587285904 user_id=50
...b...b...but Thomas, the experts?

These arseholes in charge and their feckin lackeys who support them are going to feck both your country  , and mine right over big time.

Any dissent from tory propaganda , and im being accused of everything from a chinese bot to a child who doesnt understand grown up politics .

When even the torygraph are slaughtering the tory government and johnson for the dismall handling of both the unfolding health crises and economic crises at play here you know its not just those nasty scottish nationalists who dont know their place deppity.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21737 time=1587285493 user_id=58
Dereliction of duty , absolute headless chickens running about while a prime minister went missing in action.

...b...b...but Thomas, the experts?

Thomas

Now back to politics.

I see johnson and his tory government are getting even more stick in the media this morning.....

QuoteCoronavirus: 38 days when Britain sleepwalked into disaster

Boris Johnson skipped five Cobra meetings on the virus, calls to order protective gear were ignored and scientists' warnings fell on deaf ears. Failings in February may have cost thousands of lives
[/b]

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/coronavirus-38-days-when-britain-sleepwalked-into-disaster-hq3b9tlgh">https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news ... -hq3b9tlgh">https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/coronavirus-38-days-when-britain-sleepwalked-into-disaster-hq3b9tlgh

Boris Johnson skipped five Cobra meetings on the virus, calls to order protective gear were ignored and scientists' warnings fell on deaf ears. Failings in February may have cost thousands of lives'

On the third Friday of January a silent and stealthy killer was creeping across the world. Passing from person to person and borne on ships and planes, the coronavirus was already leaving a trail of bodies.

The virus had spread from China to six countries and was almost certainly in many others. Sensing the coming danger, the British government briefly went into wartime mode that day, holding a meeting of Cobra, its national crisis committee.

But it took just an hour that January 24 lunchtime to brush aside the coronavirus threat. Matt Hancock, the health secretary, bounced out of Whitehall after chairing the meeting and breezily told reporters the risk to the UK public was "low".

This was despite the publication that day of an alarming study by Chinese doctors in the medical journal, The Lancet. It assessed the lethal potential of the virus, for the first time suggesting it was comparable to the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic, which killed up to 50 million people.

Unusually, Boris Johnson had been absent from Cobra. The committee — which includes ministers, intelligence chiefs and military generals — gathers at moments of great peril such as terrorist attacks, natural disasters and other threats to the nation and is normally chaired by the prime minister.

Johnson had found time that day, however, to join in a lunar new year dragon eyes ritual as part of Downing Street's reception for the Chinese community, led by the country's ambassador.

It was a big day for Johnson and there was a triumphal mood in Downing Street because the withdrawal treaty from the European Union was being signed in the late afternoon. It could have been the defining moment of his premiership — but that was before the world changed.
[/b]

Dereliction of duty , absolute headless chickens running about while a prime minister went missing in action.

Thomas

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=21722 time=1587240765 user_id=59
Let me get this straight.  You think 'The Chinese' are scamming us, but you describe the corporations and US 'deep state' scam as a 'conspiracy theory'?  So, why isn't the 'Chinese scamming us' a conspiracy theory?  That sounds very hypocritical.

Are you unable to follow a thread or something scott?

You vaguely infferred testing kits dont work , i asked which one , and provided a link to chinese kits the uk gov foolishly bought that dont work , and it was barry who made this claim.

Quote from: Barry post_id=21706 time=1587225197 user_id=51
Those cheap Chinese crappy testing kits were also bought by France, Spain and Italy. The Chinese are scamming us.

Ask barry the question.

Thomas

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=21721 time=1587240283 user_id=59

I didn't say there are some 'other' tests that don't work, I said they MAY not work, but you have to state which tests you are referring to that do work.  So, which tests do work?

You tell me scott. You were the one who engaged me on this thread on the second page , and then as the conversation developed , you started talking about corporations etc.

I went ont to mention my point which was if the uk government had acted much earlier , it could have followed the WHO guidance and started locking down and testing /contact tracing and we might very well be in a better place than where we are.

You then made this comment...

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=21701 time=1587223043 user_id=59
Definitely true, but even worse.  The testing may be almost as faulty as the current guidelines.

With the insinuation the testing is faulty. I then asked you to explain what you meant...

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21703 time=1587223612 user_id=58
What are you talking about scott?

Are you reffering to this...?

and if you were refferring to the faulty chinese tests the uk government foolishly bought to much ridicule.?

your answer.

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=21704 time=1587223767 user_id=59
:hattip

AND even with working tests, a debate on whether the methods are sound.

You thanked me and made yet more vague refferences to tests and methods which you believe to be unsound.

You followed up my in depth reply with yet more bullshit innuendo and vague refferences to tests which dont work...

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=21708 time=1587225468 user_id=59
 Firstly, these tests that "do actually work" may not actually work.  This is based on experts who are questioning those methods.

By which point i had had enough of vague refferences to yout conspiracy theories of tests and methods which apparently in your opinion dont work.

When i ask for links to back up what you are saying , you then try and turn it around and ask me to tell you which tests do actually work.

You are the one making yet another conspiracy and claim about methods and tests not working in amongst vague refferences to corporations , you back up what you are saying. If you cant, i will take it as nothing but more conspiracy theory rubbish of yours  , and dismiss anything you say accordingly.