Nightingale hospitals badly thought through publicity stunt....Peston.

Started by Thomas, April 17, 2020, 03:26:44 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21698 time=1587222616 user_id=58
Thats pretty irrelevant to the point im making.

You wont ever know who has had it or got it if you dont actually go out and test folk. Everything else is mere speculation with no end strategy in sight.

Definitely true, but even worse.  The testing may be almost as faulty as the current guidelines.  In my opinion, many MPs are kowtowing to the corporations, knowing very well that they will benefit from making a massive deal out of it.  They don't want to end the lockdown soon, and even when they do, will be pushing the vaccines big time, in preparation for the next wave.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Thomas

Even the torygrph is jumping on the bandwagon , saying government estimates are wrong on covid 19 fatalitites and true figures could be as much as five times higher.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EV4KcYdWAAM1GmC?format=jpg&name=medium">
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=21696 time=1587221900 user_id=59
I think we disagree on what is actually going, though Thomas.  New reports suggest Covid-19 began spreading in September, and I have always believed it had already spread through much of the population much earlier than March.  We could not have stopped it, because no one knew about it.

Thats pretty irrelevant to the point im making.

You wont ever know who has had it or got it if you dont actually go out and test folk. Everything else is mere speculation with no end strategy in sight.

Scott777

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21693 time=1587221583 user_id=58
I think the argument could be made in america as much as it is now being here regarding the lockdown.

If the uk government had actied quicker, and i have raised this point to no repsonse today a number of times , they could have locked down the covid 19 hotspots a month ago like greater london , and let the rest of us get on with things under testing and contact tracing.

Its possible the yanks could have dont the same with new york , and let the rest get on with it.

I think we disagree on what is actually going, though Thomas.  New reports suggest Covid-19 began spreading in September, and I have always believed it had already spread through much of the population much earlier than March.  We could not have stopped it, because no one knew about it.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Thomas

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=21684 time=1587219972 user_id=59
:thup:  That about sums it up.  Now, I don't exactly support Trump, but he is praising states who are protesting the lockdown.  The whole thing is very dodgy, and corporations are behind it.  That partly explains the political confusion.

I think the argument could be made in america as much as it is now being here regarding the lockdown.

If the uk government had actied quicker, and i have raised this point to no repsonse today a number of times , they could have locked down the covid 19 hotspots a month ago like greater london , and let the rest of us get on with things under testing and contact tracing.

Its possible the yanks could have dont the same with new york , and let the rest get on with it.

Now i dont know the detail in america , im not really interested , but certainly it looks a vast dereliction of duty on the uk government s part , slowness to repsond and complete running around like headless chickens on top of telling us contradictory advice.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=21687 time=1587220846 user_id=63
i was thinking more how Mr Cummings is going to spin it than the reality...

yep , and when cummings spins it to the masses it will get lapped up.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21609 time=1587201018 user_id=58
I understand your point in your post john , but  "their bright idea"?

There hasnt been a feckin original thought in anything the uk government has done so far. Its been merely imitations , very bad imitations , of other countries "bright ideas".

Peston summed the whole episode up in the o/p , while the ususal conservative lackeys run to the uk governments defence.

i was thinking more how Mr Cummings is going to spin it than the reality...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=21606 time=1587200089 user_id=89
Why should they? If the morbidly obese, who will also have related health problems catch Covid-19 they will cark it before they get near a hospital.

Quite possibly.

What I was trying to get at though was that from the limited information I have available from news reports etc from inside the excel exhibition centre when it was being set up, the equipment has clearly been chosen to serve the masses rather than the massive. It looks like the inside of a battlefield hospital tent. And i suppose that's not surprising.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Scott777

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21602 time=1587198424 user_id=58
What do you mean scott? The yookay government have provided clarity.!!

1. dont leave the house for any reason , but if you have a reason , you can leave the house.

2.masks are useless at protecting the public from the virus , but you should wear one to save lives.

3.shops are closed , except the shops that are still open.

4.Dont go to work , but you can get another job and go to work.

5.stay home , but its also important to go out.

6. dont visit old people , but please do take care of them and take them food and medicine.

7.maintain social distancing and dont gather in large crowds , except when gathering on london bridge to clap for boris.

:lol:

:thup:  That about sums it up.  Now, I don't exactly support Trump, but he is praising states who are protesting the lockdown.  The whole thing is very dodgy, and corporations are behind it.  That partly explains the political confusion.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=21611 time=1587201453 user_id=62
:hattip  :hattip

:lol: somebody is upset the tories are getting stick.  :lol:

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=21586 time=1587148502 user_id=51
Nightingale Glasgow is now open, they're calling it I.C.U. Jimmy.

:hattip  :hattip
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

https://wingsoverscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/img443-768x553.jpg">

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=21604 time=1587199413 user_id=63
The obvious point is the government want their bright idea to have the highest success rate so they can use the 'success' in their hype.

Cynic ? Moi ?

I understand your point in your post john , but  "their bright idea"?

There hasnt been a feckin original thought in anything the uk government has done so far. Its been merely imitations , very bad imitations , of other countries "bright ideas".

Peston summed the whole episode up in the o/p , while the ususal conservative lackeys run to the uk governments defence.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=21604 time=1587199413 user_id=63
The obvious point is the government want their bright idea to have the highest success rate so they can use the 'success' in their hype.

Cynic ? Moi ?

I'm guessing the beds in these places are not able to take the morbidly obese as a safe working load.

Why should they? If the morbidly obese, who will also have related health problems catch Covid-19 they will cark it before they get near a hospital.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Cynic ? Moi ?

I'm guessing the beds in these places are not able to take the morbidly obese as a safe working load.

I've said before and I speak as one my GP is paid to lecture to, the cutoff point for obesity and any sort of health is the point where you can no longer stand and walk 'unaided' (walking sticks crutches etc are allowed).

I say that because anyone no matter how obese who can stand and walk the shortest of distances has the means to start burning it off, and the more larded your arse, the more return you get for the lightest of exercise.

And speaking as a biochemist, you only need to walk a mile, with a vertical component enough to push your heart rate to half as much again as its base for five minutes, to avoid the health crises immobility brings.