Internet shopping delivery times in lockdown.

Started by papasmurf, April 25, 2020, 10:34:34 AM

« previous - next »

GregB

I've found Amazon very reliable, some deliveries taking longer than usual even with Prime but they advise delivery date before you order and everything has been on time.

Streetwalker

Well no deliveries available till the end of May or sometime beyond the life expectancy of my fridge and freezer contents so my first visit to the supermarket since the lockdown is imminent . In fact its my first visit to the supermarket for about 6 months as I normally use the delivery service but hey ho it will be an outing .

:Patriot:

patman post

Bloody hell — no wonder cheery whistling delivery drivers are getting their vans beaten up if a good proportion of the elderly are as belligerent and combative as some on here...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=22497 time=1587818932 user_id=54
Are you saying I have ill intent?

No but others on the forum have.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=22495 time=1587818727 user_id=89
Smileys do not disguise ill intent.

Are you saying I have ill intent?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=22491 time=1587818222 user_id=54
If I don't have a laugh every now and then Pappy - you can get some timber in for a box for me! I fancy a bit of glitter or something a bit frivolous on it though.  :D

Smileys do not disguise ill intent.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=22486 time=1587817639 user_id=89
Given those under lockdown are relying on delivery drivers, it was frankly a very stupid comment.

If I don't have a laugh every now and then Pappy - you can get some timber in for a box for me! I fancy a bit of glitter or something a bit frivolous on it though.  :D

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=22473 time=1587815724 user_id=54
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Given those under lockdown are relying on delivery drivers, it was frankly a very stupid comment.

Javert

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=22451 time=1587807274 user_id=89
Since the lock down and due to various domestic disastasters, there has been a wide variation in delivery times.

Hand sanitiser first two orders got "lost" finally deliverered after a week.

New Microwave/grill/fan oven, (the old one died.) Two weeks, (that got "lost" and found.)

Spare part for motorised sattelite system, (original manufacturers part,) Ordered on a Sunday delivered the next day at mid-day.

Tin of woodworm killer/wood treatment, next day.

I think this is due to staffing and quarantine issues in various warehouses and royal mail locations - for example the main Warrington sorting office was quarantined for 72 hours a week or two back - this meant that everything in that particular location was delayed.  I'm sure similar things are happening in other locations.  

We've had the same issue with various things we've ordered - some of them arrive promptly just as normal, others never arrive, others arrive about 2 weeks later with no explanation for the delay.

T00ts

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=22466 time=1587813966 user_id=70
Probably the result of having to brave too many aggressive and belligerent septuagenarians In lockdown...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=22466 time=1587813966 user_id=70
Probably the result of having to brave too many aggressive and belligerent septuagenarians In lockdown...

Deliveries are welcome.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=22463 time=1587812664 user_id=89
They seem to be where I live, with some extra "anonymous"  delivery  vans.

The one that (finally,) delvered the cooker, on the Saturday of Easter week end, looked it had driven hundreds of miles through a war zone, and blown up and repaired several times.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=22458 time=1587810605 user_id=54
Are delivery services all functioning at their normal capacity?

They seem to be where I live, with some extra "anonymous"  delivery  vans.

The one that (finally,) delvered the cooker, on the Saturday of Easter week end, looked it had driven hundreds of miles through a war zone, and blown up and repaired several times.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=22451 time=1587807274 user_id=89
Since the lock down and due to various domestic disastasters, there has been a wide variation in delivery times.

New Microwave/grill/fan oven, (the old one died.) Two weeks, (that got "lost" and found.)

Spare part for motorised sattelite system, (original manufacturers part,) Ordered on a Sunday delivered the next day at mid-day.

Are delivery services all functioning at their normal capacity? Possibly not.  My post is coming at all times of day. Usually at around mid-day suddenly it arrives at 9am on some days. Even the route is changing regularly with the personnel. These are not normal times or so they say. Perhaps they will become the new normal.

papasmurf