Coronavirus hype biggest political hoax in history

Started by Scott777, April 28, 2020, 07:03:34 PM

« previous - next »

Wiggles

Quote from: Barry post_id=25105 time=1589822409 user_id=51
40,000 expressed as a percentage of 65 million is 0.06%. You are only out by a factor of 100.  :hattip

I was working on 67m, but none the less you are right. Still a tiny figure though
A hand up, not a hand out

Barry

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=25104 time=1589821860 user_id=87
If we lose 40,000 people as a result of COVID, that equates to about 0.00059% of the population,

40,000 expressed as a percentage of 65 million is 0.06%. You are only out by a factor of 100.  :hattip
† The end is nigh †

Wiggles

If we lose 40,000 people as a result of COVID, that equates to about 0.00059% of the population, the majority of which probably would have died pretty soon anyway. In reality the whole thing has been very over hyped, and the economy damaged unnecessarily. BRING BACK BREXIT, it was more fun
A hand up, not a hand out

cromwell

Quote from: Javert post_id=25024 time=1589743582 user_id=64
I've seen, heard, and read, lots of interviews with front line medical staff who say they were in situations where they did not have the correct PPE for what they were doing, so I actually agree with papasmurf in the sense that I find it difficult to believe that all these medical staff are telling lies, whilst the politicians are all telling the complete truth.  

All other things being equal, if you ask me who I believe whether a doctor or a politician, I'd say the doctor.

I'm happy to believe that some hospitals have never run out of required PPE, but not all.

The government have even admitted that they don't have enough medical gowns and they have twice changed the guidance about when a gown is needed, in contravention of WHO guidelines but in favour of their current supply chain situation.

We also need to keep in mind that having equipment in a warehouse in Swindon is not much use if it's needed in Aberdeen - to me, the supplies must be in the medical staff's hands otherwise it's wrong to claim that there is "enough PPE".

This is also the same with testing - saying "we did 100,000 tests per day" is irrelevant if you are taking days and days to get the result back, and some of the results are being lost or mislaid.  There is no defence against the fact that we should be seeing metrics of "completed tests" and "test cycle times", and not complete BS about tests that were sent out in the Royal Mail.

:hattip
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Javert

Quote from: Barry post_id=24973 time=1589725371 user_id=51
What a dishonest post.

That article does not say they ran out, you know why, because nowhere were staff at any time working unprotected.

They never ran out.

As for Papasmurf, he can't prove they ran out either, because they never quite did.

It was an amazing effort by procurement departments, volunteers making PPE, British Army doing supplies, and all manner of innovative solutions which kept them going. An absolute heroic effort in the face of Worldwide shortages. They have yet to run out.

I've seen, heard, and read, lots of interviews with front line medical staff who say they were in situations where they did not have the correct PPE for what they were doing, so I actually agree with papasmurf in the sense that I find it difficult to believe that all these medical staff are telling lies, whilst the politicians are all telling the complete truth.  

All other things being equal, if you ask me who I believe whether a doctor or a politician, I'd say the doctor.

I'm happy to believe that some hospitals have never run out of required PPE, but not all.

The government have even admitted that they don't have enough medical gowns and they have twice changed the guidance about when a gown is needed, in contravention of WHO guidelines but in favour of their current supply chain situation.

We also need to keep in mind that having equipment in a warehouse in Swindon is not much use if it's needed in Aberdeen - to me, the supplies must be in the medical staff's hands otherwise it's wrong to claim that there is "enough PPE".

This is also the same with testing - saying "we did 100,000 tests per day" is irrelevant if you are taking days and days to get the result back, and some of the results are being lost or mislaid.  There is no defence against the fact that we should be seeing metrics of "completed tests" and "test cycle times", and not complete BS about tests that were sent out in the Royal Mail.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=24998 time=1589729140 user_id=50
Ken Clarke reads it?

And Churchill who brings you this message

https://i.ibb.co/X2GQ2nB/14927682-450-450-73045-0-fit-0-097c930d52350e1a30c5c94addc0e326-jpg.png">

:-P  :-P  :lol:  :hattip

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=24992 time=1589728863 user_id=48
Know the feeling,but yeah the torygraph is hardly territory for bashing  tories is it.

Ken Clarke reads it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry post_id=24990 time=1589728583 user_id=51
Now, what was this thread about again?

The same as every other thread on here. Papasmurf and "Tory cuts"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=24988 time=1589728447 user_id=89
Still a lack of PPE or dentists and opticians would have re-opened.

Is there an NHS optician? And NHS Dentists are like as rare as hens teeth. They weren't classed as "essential", and as such closed. Although they would have to provide their own PPE (as they are private) if they opened so what's your point.

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=24981 time=1589727706 user_id=98
Stopped reading after this, dig deeper -

There were only "several tens of thousands" left in the NHS's reserve stockpile, sources said on Friday. "Gowns have in effect already run out," one said. "The situation is so serious that some trusts will run out today and others over the weekend."

They have used the remaining stock of coveralls as alternatives to gowns and have been deploying their gown stock very carefully.

Here's an actual video of one being worn and a testimony by a doctor. And it's the Telegraph so a right wing source;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LGMedOvCnMk">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LGMedOvCnMk

Can't be arsed arguing, cheers.

Know the feeling,but yeah the torygraph is hardly territory for bashing  tories is it.

Barry

Cheers, B0ycey!  :hattip

A petition started by Lucy Wathan a self proclaimed Labour activist is not evidence of anything, Papasmurf. :kikass:

Her intention is not to help the NHS, it is to bring down the government at any cost. :thdwn:

A bit like your agenda PS. She just hates the Tories.  :rant:

Now, what was this thread about again?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=24985 time=1589728208 user_id=116
 We are not running out as it was one of the five tests.

Still a lack of PPE or dentists and opticians would have re-opened.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

It's almost embarrassing. People are arguing we ran out by proving evidence and testimony they didn't. Almost is not completely although the political narrative depends on the rag you read. You don't get a goal for almost scoring. Besides, that was a month ago. We are not running out as it was one of the five tests.

Keep up the good work Barry and DD. It's actually good to read some objective posts.

Barry

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=24981 time=1589727706 user_id=98
Can't be arsed arguing, cheers.

Me neither, I'm out.  :hattip
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=24976 time=1589726341 user_id=51
Oh, another dishonest post. No I'm not.

It appears that you are and have been since the start:-

https://www.change.org/p/uk-govt-provide-ppe-to-all-frontline-nhs-to-keep-them-safe-coronavirus/u/26659589?cs_tk=Am2j9PRUEebBAudCxV4AAXicyyvNyQEABF8BvLKdeTMeQcv6hVhMfuIA-Kc%3D&utm_campaign=aee3dbd56f744b02adef148293eb46e0&utm_content=initial_v0_4_0&utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_update&utm_term=cs">https://www.change.org/p/uk-govt-provid ... tm_term=cs">https://www.change.org/p/uk-govt-provide-ppe-to-all-frontline-nhs-to-keep-them-safe-coronavirus/u/26659589?cs_tk=Am2j9PRUEebBAudCxV4AAXicyyvNyQEABF8BvLKdeTMeQcv6hVhMfuIA-Kc%3D&utm_campaign=aee3dbd56f744b02adef148293eb46e0&utm_content=initial_v0_4_0&utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_update&utm_term=cs
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe