Sweden Doing Well So Far

Started by Scott777, April 28, 2020, 09:04:19 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on June 22, 2020, 09:11:08 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 22, 2020, 08:38:22 PMI believe you have had the virus. Has it changed your viewpoint believing you have survived it well?

There's a lot of guessing with this virus!

Agreed - that's more than half the problem.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on June 22, 2020, 08:38:22 PMI believe you have had the virus. Has it changed your viewpoint believing you have survived it well?
I believed I had the virus between 29th March and 3rd April. I had an antibody test on 3rd June which did not detect antibodies.
There's a lot of guessing with this virus!
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on June 22, 2020, 08:31:59 PM
Sweden have not reported deaths since 18th June. Their deaths per million population is 500, better than the UK.

Sweden only has between 10 and 11 million people.  Surely there's no comparison.  They are not so tightly packed.  I believe you have had the virus. Has it changed your viewpoint believing you have survived it well?

Barry

Sweden have not reported deaths since 18th June. Their deaths per million population is 500, better than the UK.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: MrMonkey23 on June 18, 2020, 12:49:00 PMTell them coronavirus doesn't like black people... London will be burned to the ground
I think that CV19 has already told that story.
I think we have got away with it until now.
† The end is nigh †

MrMonkey23

I have said this all along.  Lockdown is not about health - it is about how far you can push and control a population, in effect putting them under house arrest without them commiting a crime, before they riot.

Tell them coronavirus doesn't like black people... London will be burned to the ground

Barry

Quote from: Javert post_id=28741 time=1591859635 user_id=64
TBH I thought the PM's line yesterday of "it's way too soon to say whether a lot less deaths would have occurred if we had locked down earlier was a bit odd - is he claiming that it's possible that we would've had more deaths up to now if we had locked down earlier?

Well, he was being preached to by Prof. Neil Ferguson who had to resign, because he wasn't prepared to stay with the lock-down rules, whenever it was applied.

Ferguson has shown his hypocrisy yet again.
† The end is nigh †

Javert

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=28734 time=1591857388 user_id=88
Strikingly, Sweden seems happy that now is the time to look at what they got right and what they got wrong.  

They seem happy to admit that they didn't get everything right and people died because of that.

Contrast that with the UK where it's "to soon to make judgements", "not applicable to compare internationally" and "we got everything right".

TBH I thought the PM's line yesterday of "it's way too soon to say whether a lot less deaths would have occurred if we had locked down earlier was a bit odd - is he claiming that it's possible that we would've had more deaths up to now if we had locked down earlier?  

The only ways he can come out of it is either

- There is a massive second spike in every country other than the UK.

or

- He manages to kick the ball so far down the road that he has already resigned and gone off to party before the inquiry happened.

I suspect his strategy is the latter.

BeElBeeBub

QuoteSweden's unwelcome rise up the coronavirus rankings on Wednesday came after its chief epidemiologist, Anders Tegnell, who is credited with masterminding his country's light touch outbreak strategy, admitted there was "quite obviously a potential for improvement in what we have done".

Asked in an interview on Swedish radio whether too many people in Sweden had died, he replied: "Yes, absolutely," adding that the country would "have to consider in the future whether there was a way of preventing" such a high toll.

"If we were to encounter the same disease again knowing exactly what we know about it today, I think we would settle on doing something in between what Sweden did and what the rest of the world has done," Tegnell said. It would be "good to know exactly what to shut down to curb the spread of infection better", he added.

Strikingly, Sweden seems happy that now is the time to look at what they got right and what they got wrong.  

They seem happy to admit that they didn't get everything right and people died because of that.

Contrast that with the UK where it's "to soon to make judgements", "not applicable to compare internationally" and "we got everything right".

Barry

† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=27651 time=1591202407 user_id=103
Re the above post - Sweden now has the 7th highest death rate per million of population at 450.

Now the man responsible for Sweden's lax policy has admitted it was wrong and cost lives . . . https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52903717">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52903717

Saying more should have been done at the start isn't saying the strategy is wrong. It also says that in his statement within the news report I might add.  :roll:

It just means that the elderly should have been shielded better. A mistake that the UK suffered from too. And we had lockdown.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Re the above post - Sweden now has the 7th highest death rate per million of population at 450.

Now the man responsible for Sweden's lax policy has admitted it was wrong and cost lives . . . https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52903717">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52903717

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Sweden now has the 8th highest rate of deaths per million population at 418. That's slightly lower than France (438)

UK is 552, Italy 547 and Spain 580.

The USA deaths per million population is 302 although the figure for New York State on its own is 1,519.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=25013 time=1589740723 user_id=50
A few posters on this forum already have them  :lol:

Yeah . . .Phd's in bovine excretions.  :dncg:

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry post_id=24886 time=1589651010 user_id=51
I bet there will be enough material from research into this in the next few years to provide many people with PhD's in the future.

A few posters on this forum already have them  :lol: