Sparkly tat v Delaneys Donkey...

Started by DeppityDawg, May 02, 2020, 10:47:23 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=23334 time=1588497330 user_id=50

You have to learn how to decipher women if you want to stay in the green zone.

Anyone who could do that would get a Nobel prize.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry post_id=23299 time=1588447584 user_id=51
I love this thread, DD and you sound as if you are highly suited for each other. <3

Thing is, we've had a bit of extra spondooliks since me Mum left this mortal coil a good while back and we keep trying to spend it.

Booked a Greek Holiday - got cancelled, money back.

Can't go shopping for new clothes - she loves Debenhams and M&S and we can't spend it there. Food shopping has become listed and organised.

Spending on whisky has increased. Today we had some cash left so I bought another grands worth of premium bonds to help keep Rishi going.

Has her red hair gone grey in the lockdown? *dives for cover*  :lol:

No, but as predicted, the battle is now over and DD lives to fight another day!!

You have to learn how to decipher women if you want to stay in the green zone. In the end, it didn't matter that much whether it was sparkly tat or decrepit old nags, it's the tension she likes. Its just I'm getting a bit too old for all this  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

papasmurf

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=23311 time=1588490697 user_id=49

I am overall spending less though, I think!

I haven't unscrewed my wallet  for six weeks.

Bright Young Thing

My normal routine is to go shopping for shiny things on a Saturday, don't often buy a lot but I enjoy the browsing. Since lockdown it's been a matter of clicking online and I have to admit I've probably bought more than usual but in my defence the weather has changed and I "needed" new things for summer  :lol:

It's just too easy to buy stuff online. Only downside is I do have a significant pile of stuff to return when this is all over.

I am overall spending less though, I think!
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=23298 time=1588446123 user_id=50
On a more serious note Barry, I guess this "domestic dispute" thing is topical. I've been at work, but she's been "locked down", and its starting to get to her now. I can understand that fully. I can escape to work. She can't. So while we argue like cat and dog (good naturedly most of the time, and if you think I swear you should hear red haired Cheryl Cole  :lol: ), this is I guess symptomatic of current times. She gives every bit as good as she gets, because that's the way she is. Some people don't do quiet very well, and some people need a spark or two. Just not something that leads to violence, and you know my feelings about that. We argue, but mostly with merciless piss taking, rather than fists.

We do this all the time. I sometimes think we wouldn't still be together after all these years if we didn't have the odd scrap or two  :lol:

She's still the one who picks me up when I'm in bits mate. And that's no easy task.

Yeah, I'm locked down with the youngest who hasn't been able to get her own place with the fiance because she's got an IVA (so that's my fault of course) and the place is like a powder keg. She's about a hair trigger away from repeating the scissors stabbing incident.  I spend about three hours a day asleep if i am lucky and the other 21 up here in the office out of the way. There are fucking laws about prisoners in fucking solitary confinement that make sure they get better treatment than this.

We had some dodgy geezer wandering the streets at 3am nicking stuff from the back gardens all over the estate, I guess he, AND the plod both read arsebook because when his picture appeared on our local arse book group as pictured on about ten different people's cctv last week I put up the picture of me and the ten inch dive knife I call "excalibur" i salvaged from the bottom of stoney cove about fifteen years ago and commented "i'm up all night with the stress of this shit, so let him come burgle me I've got this waiting for him and I could do with the entertainment" and gwent plod sent about six pairs of plod out on foot patrol the next night and caught him red handed up the road.

What Barstards, spoiling my fun like that
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

I love this thread, DD and you sound as if you are highly suited for each other. <3

Thing is, we've had a bit of extra spondooliks since me Mum left this mortal coil a good while back and we keep trying to spend it.

Booked a Greek Holiday - got cancelled, money back.

Can't go shopping for new clothes - she loves Debenhams and M&S and we can't spend it there. Food shopping has become listed and organised.

Spending on whisky has increased. Today we had some cash left so I bought another grands worth of premium bonds to help keep Rishi going.

Has her red hair gone grey in the lockdown? *dives for cover*  :lol:
† The end is nigh †

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry post_id=23295 time=1588443908 user_id=51Get a room.  :lol:

On a more serious note Barry, I guess this "domestic dispute" thing is topical. I've been at work, but she's been "locked down", and its starting to get to her now. I can understand that fully. I can escape to work. She can't. So while we argue like cat and dog (good naturedly most of the time, and if you think I swear you should hear red haired Cheryl Cole  :lol: ), this is I guess symptomatic of current times. She gives every bit as good as she gets, because that's the way she is. Some people don't do quiet very well, and some people need a spark or two. Just not something that leads to violence, and you know my feelings about that. We argue, but mostly with merciless piss taking, rather than fists.

We do this all the time. I sometimes think we wouldn't still be together after all these years if we didn't have the odd scrap or two  :lol:

She's still the one who picks me up when I'm in bits mate. And that's no easy task.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts post_id=23293 time=1588439787 user_id=54
Not if she sees this it isn't.    :lol:

If only it were so simple as money, Tootsy baby. I'm not an unattractive lad (few years on now mind), with some certain attributes...and shes...ahem...sometimes needful. A bit of wine, the right music, the right mood and the rest is...and now a word from our sponser!

Not all men are daft you know. We do have our uses. You have to laugh  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=23289 time=1588433819 user_id=50
Never mind diesel! Her crack is "if you didn't fecking blow it all on Delaneys donkey (hence the thread title), we'd have more left at the end of the month", to which my reply is "to spend on shoes"  :lol:

Anyway, I'm reduced to playing her favourite Dancing Divas at full bore down here - shes in the shower so I know she can hear it. Forgiveness is but a glass of wine away  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Not if she sees this it isn't.    :lol:

DeppityDawg

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=23287 time=1588432555 user_id=63
Diesel and Beer are my two, bottles are less than half as much a pint as the pub charges.

I can't really tell how much I've saved as I've been paying off debts with the inheritance so bills generally have dropped.

Never mind diesel! Her crack is "if you didn't fecking blow it all on Delaneys donkey (hence the thread title), we'd have more left at the end of the month", to which my reply is "to spend on shoes"  :lol:

Anyway, I'm reduced to playing her favourite Dancing Divas at full bore down here - shes in the shower so I know she can hear it. Forgiveness is but a glass of wine away  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

johnofgwent

Diesel and Beer are my two, bottles are less than half as much a pint as the pub charges.

I can't really tell how much I've saved as I've been paying off debts with the inheritance so bills generally have dropped.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=23269 time=1588427443 user_id=53
I had one of those joint accounts with the Mrs ,it was sort of expected when you got wed , up until the first statement dropped on the doormat . ''What did you need that £10 for ''  was the end of that . (I know she was only trying to manage bless her)  .

I need a set of those scales , ours keep saying 16 st 6 when I know Im as fit as a flea and my fighting weight is 12 and a half . No wonder the Mrs keeps throwing them away .

Women will still buy sparkly shite ,town centre or not ,what do you think is inside all those vans that have been going up and down the motorway during the supposed lockdown ?  I would say I am getting at least two ''Its for me , something I ordered ages ago'' deliveries a week

Ok, more extensive investigations into the online bank pages going back to January have revealed the following (only did Jan and Feb then got bored)

Supermarket, food or living items, fuel etc, excluded and is averaged per month*

Direct store purchases (bank card) Mrs Dawg - £371.23

Direct store purchases (bank card) DD - £108.71

Cash withdrawals Mrs Dawg - £220.00

Cash withdrawals DD - £480 ( :kikass: )

Unattribute-able online purchases - £305.40

Somewhat surprisingly, only ONE purchase that is definitely shoes can be found! As for what other spangly/sparkly shite she's bought, it remains shrouded in the mysteries of store IDs and online purchasing :lol:

Meanwhile, DD has to explain where nearly a grand in cash went in two months...is there a nonchalant whistling emoticon anywhere ?

I think I'll have a drink  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Streetwalker

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=23256 time=1588418936 user_id=50
I know the answer to both because a) we have and always have had a joint account, and b) the scales in the bathroom default to last known reading if you switch them off and on again. 10stone 4lbs  :lol:

So, the fact that the Metro Centre is now on the verge of shutdown because women can't go there and buy loads of sparkly old shite is good for the economy how exactly?

I had one of those joint accounts with the Mrs ,it was sort of expected when you got wed , up until the first statement dropped on the doormat . ''What did you need that £10 for ''  was the end of that . (I know she was only trying to manage bless her)  .

I need a set of those scales , ours keep saying 16 st 6 when I know Im as fit as a flea and my fighting weight is 12 and a half . No wonder the Mrs keeps throwing them away .

Women will still buy sparkly shite ,town centre or not ,what do you think is inside all those vans that have been going up and down the motorway during the supposed lockdown ?  I would say I am getting at least two ''Its for me , something I ordered ages ago'' deliveries a week

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=23263 time=1588422816 user_id=53
Well if the lockdown has shown me one thing its that I don't know what all these stay at home DHSS crowd are moaning about .

The low amount of benefit and the high costs of living. Longs delays to benefit, refusals of benefit, Universal Credit is a mess.

Which goes a long way to explaining why food bank use has risen by 81% in a year.