Adversity strengthens

Started by T00ts, May 02, 2020, 12:17:54 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=23354 time=1588514072 user_id=99
?

But you follow this by saying

I don't understand what you are trying to say here if not 'let's do more for others'

I've never meet someone who has said they couldn't do more.

Can you do more?

We seem to be at cross purposes. Perhaps it is better left.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=23372 time=1588534339 user_id=99
Fair, it seems that I am not understanding what is being said.

I think we are all guilty of that from time to time. Maybe I'm one who should also read more and write less  :lol:

Nalaar

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=23366 time=1588527230 user_id=50
Hasn't she already said that she isn't asking anyone to "do more for others"? Why say you don't understand what she is trying to say, and then try and tell her what she meant? What you "think" she meant is irrelevant. Surely, she knows what she meant better than you do?

Recognise good things? That could mean being thankful for the good things done near us, rather than being critical of things we can't influence on a wider scale [politicians?] perhaps? Carry it forward when good times return? Perhaps she means we might all learn something from this?

Either way, she decides what she means, not you or I.

Fair, it seems that I am not understanding what is being said.
Don't believe everything you think.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=23354 time=1588514072 user_id=99
I don't understand what you are trying to say here if not 'let's do more for others'

Hasn't she already said that she isn't asking anyone to "do more for others"? Why say you don't understand what she is trying to say, and then try and tell her what she meant? What you "think" she meant is irrelevant. Surely, she knows what she meant better than you do?

QuoteThat isn't the essence of this thread. My hope was that this time of trial would allow us all to recognise the good things that have been happening, perhaps on our own doorsteps, and determine to carry that forward for when good times return.

Recognise good things? That could mean being thankful for the good things done near us, rather than being critical of things we can't influence on a wider scale [politicians?] perhaps? Carry it forward when good times return? Perhaps she means we might all learn something from this?

Either way, she decides what she means, not you or I.

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts post_id=23353 time=1588511094 user_id=54
I'm not aware that I have asked that others should do more for others.

?

But you follow this by saying

QuoteThat isn't the essence of this thread. My hope was that this time of trial would allow us all to recognise the good things that have been happening, perhaps on our own doorsteps, and determine to carry that forward for when good times return.

QuoteWhy would you assume that I don't do the most that I can?

I've never meet someone who has said they couldn't do more.

Can you do more?

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=23349 time=1588506269 user_id=99
That's not the intent.

When someone makes a point of saying that others do more, I think it is important for them to consider that they should do more.

I'm not aware that I have asked that others should do more for others. That isn't the essence of this thread. My hope was that this time of trial would allow us all to recognise the good things that have been happening, perhaps on our own doorsteps, and determine to carry that forward for when good times return. There is no requirement to make public good works. Even Jesus repeatedly requested that those he healed kept it to themselves. Why would you assume that I don't do the most that I can?

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts post_id=23347 time=1588503120 user_id=54
That comes across as quite nasty.

That's not the intent.

When someone makes a point of saying that others do more, I think it is important for them to consider that they should do more.

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=23346 time=1588503023 user_id=99
You personally.

Do more of what you expect others should do more of.

That comes across as quite nasty.

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts post_id=23345 time=1588501866 user_id=54
I find that an odd reply. Is it directed at me personally or to all. Out of interest, with so much to do worldwide where would you start?

You personally.

Do more of what you expect others should do more of.

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=23340 time=1588498821 user_id=99
Just ensure that you do more, and the world will be a better place for it.

I find that an odd reply. Is it directed at me personally or to all. Out of interest, with so much to do worldwide where would you start?

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts post_id=23338 time=1588498067 user_id=54
There will always be those who skip through life without looking right or left to see who is not so comfortable. That is what I am hopeful will change even just a little. I also believe that in most people there is a core that cares. An instinct that this secular world works hard to destroy. A wealthy hedonist is lauded as successful and to be aspired to when in fact those who share what little they have are happier and will reap rewards eternally.

Just ensure that you do more, and the world will be a better place for it.

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=23322 time=1588495078 user_id=99
The people that are suffering most are the people with the least - The Elderly, or frail, people with struggling independent business, or large family's to support etc.

Wealthy hedonists will do just fine.

There will always be those who skip through life without looking right or left to see who is not so comfortable. That is what I am hopeful will change even just a little. I also believe that in most people there is a core that cares. An instinct that this secular world works hard to destroy. A wealthy hedonist is lauded as successful and to be aspired to when in fact those who share what little they have are happier and will reap rewards eternally.

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts post_id=23313 time=1588491349 user_id=54
So many have comfortable wealth but little meaning to their lives.

The people that are suffering most are the people with the least - The Elderly, or frail, people with struggling independent business, or large family's to support etc.

Wealthy hedonists will do just fine.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=23315 time=1588491750 user_id=89
In the case of some people on this forum I suspect that would require a combination of surgery and Electro Corrective Therapy.

:lol:  :lol: Love thy neighbour as thyself!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=23313 time=1588491349 user_id=54
 Life is so much more if the blinkers could just be removed.

In the case of some people on this forum I suspect that would require a combination of surgery and Electro Corrective Therapy.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe