Can anyone..

Started by Dynamis, May 14, 2020, 10:39:13 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=24601 time=1589449153 user_id=98
..possibly manage this, other than a small handful of people in the world.. in your opinion?

"Oppose no man in anything; do not quarrel, and do not lie, and do not swear by the name of the Lord your God. Be despised, and do not despise. Be wronged, and do not wrong. It is better for things of the body to perish with the body than for something pertaining to the soul to be hurt. Go to court with no man, but endure to be condemned, being uncondemned."

+ St. Isaac the Syrian, The Ascetical Homilies, Homily 17

I guess the idea is to do that as much as you are able.

I am often reminded  of Jesus throwing a fury and driving the money changers out of the Temple. I am sure He repented immediately for any damage He might have done to others. On the other hand He may well have not been acting Himself but on His Father's commands. My belief is that we are asked to do the very best we can. There is no way that we can reach perfection whilst here but we have to make our best effort. One of the commandments is not to take the Lord's name in vain so that's an easy one. My understanding is that we should look to our Eternal future while our time here is but a moment in time.

Borg Refinery

..possibly manage this, other than a small handful of people in the world.. in your opinion?

"Oppose no man in anything; do not quarrel, and do not lie, and do not swear by the name of the Lord your God. Be despised, and do not despise. Be wronged, and do not wrong. It is better for things of the body to perish with the body than for something pertaining to the soul to be hurt. Go to court with no man, but endure to be condemned, being uncondemned."

+ St. Isaac the Syrian, The Ascetical Homilies, Homily 17

I guess the idea is to do that as much as you are able.
+++