The fun side of Covid 19

Started by Borchester, May 23, 2020, 02:44:39 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

As I have pointed out elsewhere, those in our society who approach our degree of decrepit crumbling have survived all sorts. In comparison our grandchildren have barely been allowed outside in the sun, and most certainly never needed a tetanus injection, or to have dirt and gravel extracted from an open wound caused by falling off a bike or similar.

As such, I am quite convinced if we get this bloody virus and pass it onto the grandkids they wont stand a chance.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

I was outside yesterday when a mate hove into view.

Wearing a mask.

"Bloody hell John, what is that for?" I asked.

"The Corona virus," he answered.

"Messhaggenah," I replied. "You are 75 and have spent the last 76 of those years smoking, drinking, injecting Dettol into your eyeballs and generally being a burden on society and the NHS. To be honest, I would be surprised if you make it to the weekend. What difference do you think a mask will make?"

But he would not listen to reason and stumbled off, secure in the belief that a snotty hankie would cure all known germs.
Algerie Francais !