The government is being sued, looks interesting

Started by papasmurf, June 15, 2020, 08:12:44 PM

« previous - next »

Mashup

cromwell

Quote from: Mashup on June 18, 2020, 02:07:26 PM
Open Democracy are asking some reasonable questions which the government should have no difficulty answering.

Whilst on the subject was another smaller contract (£2.1m) awarded to Double Dragon International Ltd which had no prior experience with PPE procurement or production, and instead usually sells coffee, tea, spices and cocoa.
Hi Mashup and welcome to the forum  :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Mashup

Open Democracy are asking some reasonable questions which the government should have no difficulty answering.

Whilst on the subject was another smaller contract (£2.1m) awarded to Double Dragon International Ltd which had no prior experience with PPE procurement or production, and instead usually sells coffee, tea, spices and cocoa.

Streetwalker

They may or may not have found something to get their teeth into but as mentioned these are just another group of remoaners  whos democracy 'is broken' because it didn't go their way .

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 16, 2020, 09:07:35 AMthe good law project

I've never heard of them prior to this thread, which might be my fault for not looking harder... for the moment though i feel if they want to spend their money doing something i find useful, i'm all for it.
[/quote]

Rather than shooting the messenger as Thomas as doing check for yourself:-

https://goodlawproject.org/

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on June 16, 2020, 08:00:59 AMRegarding smurfs links , isnt the good law project the same organisation constantly behind trying to obfusticate brexit and johnson at every turn?

I've never heard of them prior to this thread, which might be my fault for not looking harder... for the moment though i feel if they want to spend their money doing something i find useful, i'm all for it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 16, 2020, 05:31:35 AM

When they're done there's a welsh assembly they should have a look at.

Where do you start with the labour parties shady links , dodgy deals and corrupt governance at local  and national level never mind at westminster?

You could write a book about it here in scotland never mind wales.

Labour MP spent £500,000 of taxpayers' money running office from home staffed by wife

http://archive.is/z3I5f

QuoteCharity chief's half a million pounds pay-off stinks

FORMER Regeneration chief Ronnie Saez is being given a half a million pounds redundancy and pension package sparking fury among charity bosses.

In the meantime, what is most disturbing of all is the fact that three Labour
councillors sat on the board of trustees that signed off this sickening sum.

Yes, you read that right: Labour councillors – and two of them are still on the council. No wonder people have lost faith in politicians.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/charity-chiefs-half-a-million-pounds-1538344

Regarding smurfs links , isnt the good law project the same organisation constantly behind trying to obfusticate brexit and johnson at every turn?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2020, 08:12:44 PM
The government is being sued, could get interesting:-

More at link:-

https://goodlawproject.org/news/over-100-contracts/

We're suing the Government over its decision to grant an £108 million contract for the supply of PPE to Crisp Websites Limited.

Since the start of the pandemic, Government has signed over 100 contracts – worth in total nearly £350m – for the supply of personal protective equipment for healthcare workers. Of that total, around a third (£108m) was tied up in one contract with one company, Crisp Websites Limited (trading as Pestfix). The number of bidders who competed for that contract was one. And the purchase order for this enormous sum of money was issued on 10 April 2020, three days before the contract was concluded. At the time Government issued the purchase order, Crisp Websites Limited's last reported net assets were £18,047.

When they're done there's a welsh assembly they should have a look at.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on June 15, 2020, 08:20:58 PM

[About bloody time.

Should be Serco, that idiot NI hack company and next the CIA analytics guys..at faculty/palantir...

There was a row about it in the House of Commons about it this afternoon, a minister being asked why he hadn't resigned. (Apparently it is also a police matter.)

Borg Refinery

We're suing the Government over its decision to grant an £108 million contract for the supply of PPE to Crisp Websites Limited.

Since the start of the pandemic, Government has signed over 100 contracts – worth in total nearly £350m – for the supply of personal protective equipment for healthcare workers. Of that total, around a third (£108m) was tied up in one contract with one company, Crisp Websites Limited (trading as Pestfix). The number of bidders who competed for that contract was one. And the purchase order for this enormous sum of money was issued on 10 April 2020, three days before the contract was concluded. At the time Government issued the purchase order, Crisp Websites Limited's last reported net assets were £18,047.

[About bloody time.

Should be Serco, that idiot NI hack company and next the CIA analytics guys..at faculty/palantir...
+++

viking

Sounds like a good idea!

papasmurf