Petition launched to 'shutdown' Guardian re links to Slavery, Confederacy etc

Started by Dynamis, June 16, 2020, 06:12:04 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Extending the removal of inanimate statues to closing down of current activities because of past associations with slavery, genocide, war criminals, etc, seems counter productive.
The Guardian, Mail, Rhodes scholarships, etc, are providing services today — what their founders did may range from distasteful to crimes against humanity, but their current operations are legal and useful...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

MrMonkey23

Forget links to slavery, they should be shut down for terrible reporting.  Horrible outfit - shoot the lot of them

Borg Refinery

Anyway, if the grauniad are going to preach then they too should live/die by the sword. I agree the daily heil should close down too while we're at it.

Less crappy media? Not a bad thing.

..as for those getting blue in the face about it and letting off steam out their tops, let's hear it for reasoned debate; something that's dead in this country now. Let their own rancid plop reflect only on them..
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on June 16, 2020, 12:32:06 PM
So a conservative author has started a petition (presumably ironically) which people are signing because the guardian are "racist against white people"?

It would be implausibly absurd if it wasn't in fact our present reality.

Quite, now that Co-Co pops are deemed racist.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nalaar

So a conservative author has started a petition (presumably ironically) which people are signing because the guardian are "racist against white people"?

It would be implausibly absurd if it wasn't in fact our present reality.
Don't believe everything you think.

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on June 16, 2020, 08:49:28 AM
Quote from: Nick on June 16, 2020, 08:45:31 AM
History is not there to be liked or disliked.

It is there to be learnt from.

"Lessons will be learned."  (Until next week.)

So very true . Amongst much else history shows that even after catastrophe , lessons are invariably Slow to be acted on.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 16, 2020, 08:45:31 AM

"Lessons will be learned."  (Until next week.)

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

A link to the Daily Heil, which supported Hitler and has had racist headlines for decades.

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on June 16, 2020, 06:12:04 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8414917/amp/Guardian-accused-hypocrisy-backing-BLM-protests-despite-branding-Abraham-Lincoln-abhorrent.html

Beware the law of unintended consequences.

If that happened, it'd just instantly restartup as a new publication anyway. The news of the world did..

I think this is what many were trying to say over the last week or so............where does the witch hunt end?

I couldnt give a shit about the guardian or any newspaper. I made my thoughts clear many a time they are doomed .

We have had the statues , tv shows , now newspapers being purged. Next they will be burning books.

This is the result of listening to the rancid shite being spouted by the baying mob , and the purging of society regarding our past history.

Getting boring listening to the lunatics working themselves into a frenzy  , with claim and counter claim .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borg Refinery

+++