UK inflation rate at fresh four-year low as fuel prices slump

Started by GBNews, June 18, 2020, 07:00:02 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 20, 2020, 10:40:47 AM
Fuel prices low when people are not using their cars/motorcycles at all or rarely. (My wife for instance has only purchased petrol once in the last three months.)

Yes, they fell to 99.9 / 102.9 but crept back up by 2p about a month ago after Russia Saudi and Iran decided to.stop.bankrupting each other and cut production.

Prices here rose another 1p last week and diesel another 1p on top yesterday
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

I filled up at 99p a litre of petrol recently, however, I'd only managed to use about a 1/4 of the tank so didn't save a lot. Prices rising again now they can sell the stuff.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Fuel prices low when people are not using their cars/motorcycles at all or rarely. (My wife for instance has only purchased petrol once in the last three months.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Well that wont last

Fuel prices ate already climbing back thanks to the oil cartels settling their differences and england going back to work
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GBNews

UK inflation rate at fresh four-year low as fuel prices slump

Fuel costs fell sharply in May, pushing the inflation rate down to a fresh four-year low of 0.5%.

Source: UK inflation rate at fresh four-year low as fuel prices slump