parler

Started by Barry, June 21, 2020, 04:44:14 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Nalaar on June 21, 2020, 07:04:21 PMAlso worth noting users to this forum has much less free speech available to them than Twitter users.
I assume you mean they have a lower audience, if not, how do they have less?
† The end is nigh †

Nalaar

Quote from: Barry on June 21, 2020, 05:49:44 PMNeither comment would have anyone banned from this forum, but BLM seems to have become a sacred cow which must not be derided.

Twitter have talked before about how some bannings are not 'single events' of individual tweets, but rather a culmination of many events.

Also worth noting users to this forum has much less free speech available to them than Twitter users.
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 21, 2020, 05:49:44 PM

Neither comment would have anyone banned from this forum, but BLM seems to have become a sacred cow which must not be derided.

Katie Hopkins is a  cow but not a sacred one.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 21, 2020, 05:27:07 PM
Katie (expletive deleted,) Hopkins is on that.
Yes, apparently a lot of people are boycotting Twitter over the lack of free speech.
These were her most recent controversial Tweets.
Believed to be her last tweet before she got banned, she tweeted: "Today is #whiteoutwednesday. I will shortly be posting a picture of my arse. Thank you."

It is not known exactly what tweet she got suspended for.

Last week Katie poked fun at Manchester United footballer Marcus Rashford's free school meals campaign.

Katie Tweeted: "Dear Marcus Rashford, do you think women should think about how they are going to feed a child before they decide to have it?

Neither comment would have anyone banned from this forum, but BLM seems to have become a sacred cow which must not be derided.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 21, 2020, 04:44:14 PM
Parler is a social media app which seems to be similar to Twitter.
Twitter have been clamping down hard on so called hate speech and Parler gained 200,000 members in a week after Twitter suspended certain accounts. This tripled its number of members and the website crashed at one point as there were so many joining.
I've not joined yet.

Katie (expletive deleted,) Hopkins is on that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nalaar

All seems well and good until these new "free speech" social media sites/apps have to start clamping down on their users For breaching their terms of use.
Don't believe everything you think.

Barry

Parler is a social media app which seems to be similar to Twitter.
Twitter have been clamping down hard on so called hate speech and Parler gained 200,000 members in a week after Twitter suspended certain accounts. This tripled its number of members and the website crashed at one point as there were so many joining.
I've not joined yet.
† The end is nigh †