Main Menu

We are going to die

Started by papasmurf, June 23, 2020, 10:03:58 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 12:39:09 PM

He has free will to decide whatever he wants to believe. He has missed one vital step in his research. He has not asked the question with an open and honest heart. Perhaps he didn't know it was possible or perhaps he is frightened of the answer as many are. Either way since his research is incomplete I find it arrogant to persuade those who look up to him to believe as he does, presumably with little research of their own and only relying on what he has decided. That isn't how it works. Mattew 7 7-8 is there for all.

Prove God exists.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on June 23, 2020, 12:27:04 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 12:12:15 PMTheology

What makes you so such he has not studied it, and come to a different conclusion than you?

He has free will to decide whatever he wants to believe. He has missed one vital step in his research. He has not asked the question with an open and honest heart. Perhaps he didn't know it was possible or perhaps he is frightened of the answer as many are. Either way since his research is incomplete I find it arrogant to persuade those who look up to him to believe as he does, presumably with little research of their own and only relying on what he has decided. That isn't how it works. Mattew 7 7-8 is there for all.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 23, 2020, 12:18:58 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 12:16:41 PM

I don't think so - his point seemed to be that he doesn't understand what it is all about.

It is now very obvious you know nothing about him.

You think? The man has taken a lifetime to try and disprove that God exists. Just because he sounds really clever and there are those who look up to him I should admire him too? Beware false prophets.

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 12:12:15 PMTheology

What makes you so such he has not studied it, and come to a different conclusion than you?
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 12:16:41 PM

I don't think so - his point seemed to be that he doesn't understand what it is all about.

It is now very obvious you know nothing about him.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 23, 2020, 12:13:31 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 12:12:15 PM

Theology.

That is the entire point.

papasmurf

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on June 23, 2020, 12:09:14 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 11:51:32 AMI watched it. It was meaningless and applauded at the end by people who also had no idea what he was talking about. I always find it worrying that someone can put himself up as an authority on something he evidently hasn't studied and there are people out there prepared to listen and adore. Beware false prophets.

What subject do you think he has not "studied"?

Theology.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 23, 2020, 11:58:10 AM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 11:51:32 AM

I watched it. It was meaningless and applauded at the end by people who also had no idea what he was talking about. I always find it worrying that someone can put himself up as an authority on something he evidently hasn't studied and there are people out there prepared to listen and adore. Beware false prophets.

Meaningless? Frankly words fail me.

Well that's an achievement!

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 11:51:32 AMI watched it. It was meaningless and applauded at the end by people who also had no idea what he was talking about. I always find it worrying that someone can put himself up as an authority on something he evidently hasn't studied and there are people out there prepared to listen and adore. Beware false prophets.

What subject do you think he has not "studied"?
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 11:51:32 AM

I watched it. It was meaningless and applauded at the end by people who also had no idea what he was talking about. I always find it worrying that someone can put himself up as an authority on something he evidently hasn't studied and there are people out there prepared to listen and adore. Beware false prophets.

Meaningless? Frankly words fail me.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 23, 2020, 11:40:26 AM
Quote from: Barry on June 23, 2020, 11:29:32 AM
He only thought he had a great mind. The fool says there is no God.
It didn't take much to figure out we are all going to die, since death was introduced by the God he derided.

Genesis 3:19

Did you bother to watch it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 23, 2020, 11:29:32 AM
It didn't take much to figure out we are all going to die, since death was introduced by the God he derided.

Did you bother to watch it?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf