Main Menu

We are going to die

Started by papasmurf, June 23, 2020, 10:03:58 AM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 02:02:32 PMI believe your intelligence/learning goes with you.

That's an interesting topic that I'll go into another time.
Don't believe everything you think.

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on June 23, 2020, 01:50:11 PM
In my fathers house there are many mansions

John 14:2

I just hope that I don't end up living next door to that miserable sod Dawkins
You won't. According to scripture, he's off to Hell unless he repents and puts his trust in the Author of Salvation, JC.

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on June 23, 2020, 01:50:11 PM

It's a really good thing that there are. Remember though Dawkins still has time to change his mind. Then he might be a good neighbour to have. I believe your intelligence/learning goes with you.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 01:39:03 PM
Quote from: Nalaar on June 23, 2020, 01:23:24 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 01:16:17 PMVery simply. He has not completed the research. He hasn't acted on the advice found in the Bible and if he has and received his answer, he has denied it.

This seems very circular.

Step 1) Person studies Christian theology.
Step 2) If Person becomes a Christian - Their study is complete and correct. If they do not become a Christian then their study is incomplete, go back to step 1, and repeat, ad infinitum.

Yes you've got it pretty much. There can only be one truth so it's fairly important to get it right. When you do it's quite a shock. Life as you know it turns on it's head.

Fair enough if you're satisfied with circular reasoning. I am not.

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on June 23, 2020, 01:23:24 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 01:16:17 PMVery simply. He has not completed the research. He hasn't acted on the advice found in the Bible and if he has and received his answer, he has denied it.

Step 2) If Person becomes a Christian - Their study is complete and correct. If they do not become a Christian then their study is incomplete, go back to step 1, and repeat, ad infinitum.

Yes you've got it pretty much. There can only be one truth so it's fairly important to get it right. When you do it's quite a shock. Life as you know it turns on it's head.

Nalaar

Nalaar

Quote from: papasmurf on June 23, 2020, 12:45:02 PMProve God exists.

I think this is an impotent statement made in bad faith, and I think you should know better (and if you do not, then this is me telling you that I think you should.)

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on June 23, 2020, 01:05:32 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 12:58:47 PM
Quote from: Nalaar on June 23, 2020, 12:51:04 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 12:39:09 PM
Quote from: Nalaar on June 23, 2020, 12:27:04 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 12:12:15 PMTheology

What makes you so such he has not studied it, and come to a different conclusion than you?

He has free will to decide whatever he wants to believe. He has missed one vital step in his research. He has not asked the question with an open and honest heart. Perhaps he didn't know it was possible or perhaps he is frightened of the answer as many are. Either way since his research is incomplete I find it arrogant to persuade those who look up to him to believe as he does, presumably with little research of their own and only relying on what he has decided. That isn't how it works. Mattew 7 7-8 is there for all.

Do you think it is possible to study theology comprehensively and not come to the same conclusions as yourself?

Of course not. If it was that easy .....

So in that case how can you say he has not comprehensively studied the subject?

Very simply. He has not completed the research. He hasn't acted on the advice found in the Bible and if he has and received his answer, he has denied it.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 23, 2020, 12:59:12 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 12:54:05 PM

Prove He doesn't! That is such an old and ineffectual argument it's hardly worth honouring. I have said so many times but here it goes again. Study the scriptures. Look at the history. Then pray for answers. I stand as proof that if you ask properly and humbly and are prepared for the consequences of the answer you will be shown the truth.

I have studied the bible, I also have a bible which I needed when a friend gave me a limited edition illustrated  copy of the "Pilgrim's  Progress."
I also have a KJV bible installed on my PC.
I suggest you watch this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLeztJkhi4U

The video is irrelevant in many ways. The examples he illustrates are carefully selected to affirm his own opinion quite naturally. It is not a question of Faith versus Science. There is no contest. Gradually science is proving the Bible and other scriptures correct. As time goes on scientists - and many have already realised - will understand how the world developed and why. I cannot deny what I know as the truth.

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 12:58:47 PM

What makes you so such he has not studied it, and come to a different conclusion than you?

He has free will to decide whatever he wants to believe. He has missed one vital step in his research. He has not asked the question with an open and honest heart. Perhaps he didn't know it was possible or perhaps he is frightened of the answer as many are. Either way since his research is incomplete I find it arrogant to persuade those who look up to him to believe as he does, presumably with little research of their own and only relying on what he has decided. That isn't how it works. Mattew 7 7-8 is there for all.

Do you think it is possible to study theology comprehensively and not come to the same conclusions as yourself?

So in that case how can you say he has not comprehensively studied the subject?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 12:54:05 PM

Prove He doesn't! That is such an old and ineffectual argument it's hardly worth honouring. I have said so many times but here it goes again. Study the scriptures. Look at the history. Then pray for answers. I stand as proof that if you ask properly and humbly and are prepared for the consequences of the answer you will be shown the truth.

I have studied the bible, I also have a bible which I needed when a friend gave me a limited edition illustrated  copy of the "Pilgrim's  Progress."
I also have a KJV bible installed on my PC.
I suggest you watch this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLeztJkhi4U
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 23, 2020, 12:45:02 PM

He has free will to decide whatever he wants to believe. He has missed one vital step in his research. He has not asked the question with an open and honest heart. Perhaps he didn't know it was possible or perhaps he is frightened of the answer as many are. Either way since his research is incomplete I find it arrogant to persuade those who look up to him to believe as he does, presumably with little research of their own and only relying on what he has decided. That isn't how it works. Matthew 7 7-8 is there for all.

Prove God exists.

Nalaar