Coronavirus: Could social distancing of less than two metres work?

Started by GBNews, June 23, 2020, 07:00:32 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

as with all these things, there is no easy solution.

I was VERY pleased to see there was actually a far more detailed than normal treatment of this matter in the "post coronavirus briefing" jabberings on the news channels.

The issue is difficult to gauge because for example standing face to face with someone is massively more of a problem than standing back to back or in a line.

Similarly, the chances of infection from an infected person are obviously higher if you spend time in proximity.  Walking past someone in the street inside even the 1m distance is massively less risky than sitting close to them for a prolonged period, and (for those for whom such delights still exist) shagging an infected person is nowhere near as risky as the time you take buttering them up by buying them dinner and drinks beforehand). No, the programme i watched didn't go into that level of detail but i got the distinct feeling at least one of the presenters wanted to ...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 23, 2020, 08:37:26 PM

Dunno. Toots is vunerable, Pappy will moan whatever is done for him

I am VERY vulnerable 90% chance of carking it if I catch Covid-19. Which is why Bojo The Clown can stick his easing of the lockdown where the Sun don't shine.
Until my doctor informs me in writing it is safe to go outside of my property  I am staying put.

Bojo The Clown has not backed up the easing of the lock down with legal sanctions.  So millions will take no notice and a spike is inevitable.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: News on June 23, 2020, 07:00:32 PM

The government has said it will be possible to relax the 2m social distancing from 4 July - but is it safe to do so?

Source: Coronavirus: Could social distancing of less than two metres work?

Dunno. Toots is vunerable, Pappy will moan whatever is done for him and there are zillions of jobs that can be done in the safety of ones own home and plenty of folk happy to work that way, so leave them out of the picture. But this kung flu business has to be paid for somehow. So I suggest we enjoy the good weather and carry on until 4 July, join the Yanks in their firework display and then go back to work on the 5 July
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: News on June 23, 2020, 07:00:32 PM

The government has said it will be possible to relax the 2m social distancing from 4 July - but is it safe to do so?

Not unless  they issue me with a Porton suit.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GBNews