Main Menu

Quiet today

Started by Barry, June 28, 2020, 10:39:11 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on July 17, 2020, 10:33:38 AM
Quote from: patman post on July 16, 2020, 12:08:24 PM
I was thinking of starting a new thread, but I guess this should cover my point:

This place is like the Marie Celeste

Until now I'd reckoned most posters here were beyond working age. So imagine my surprise when logging in just now to see how many regular posters appear to have listened to the pleas to "get the economy going again", and gone back to work!
A quick check over the past few days shows this now appears to be the norm — even the couple of newish recruits following Stormfront's demise aren't posting

Yeah, everyone has gone off to join Stormfront, Pat. Well, since the alternative was having to read every other post by some crank fruitbat from Cornwall with feck all else to do than annoy the shit out of everyone else,  or the sneering and guffawing of middle class tossers like you, even that seemed marginally more interesting.

Bit strong DD. Pat may think he is middle class but he still lives in Hackney.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg on July 17, 2020, 10:54:07 AM

Haven't you got any windows to lick?

What a strange comment.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf on July 17, 2020, 10:40:51 AM

Yeah, everyone has gone off to join Stormfront, Pat. Well, since the alternative was having to read every other post by some crank fruitbat from Cornwall with feck all else to do than annoy the shit out of everyone else,  or the sneering and guffawing of middle class tossers like you, even that seemed marginally more interesting.

We have to put up with your ill informed bullshine.

Haven't you got any windows to lick?

papasmurf

We have to put up with your ill informed bullshine.

DeppityDawg

I was thinking of starting a new thread, but I guess this should cover my point:

Until now I'd reckoned most posters here were beyond working age. So imagine my surprise when logging in just now to see how many regular posters appear to have listened to the pleas to "get the economy going again", and gone back to work!
A quick check over the past few days shows this now appears to be the norm — even the couple of newish recruits following Stormfront's demise aren't posting

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on July 16, 2020, 09:36:02 PM
The Suns been shining,people have things to do emerging from this pandemic and I joined the old forum in 2011,that had its quiet times too.
Not seen real sunshine round here for some time.
Ever wondered what the common denominator over the years since 2011 could have been...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on July 16, 2020, 09:36:02 PMthis all happened before way back to the old forum which I joined in 2011.
Newby!
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 16, 2020, 07:56:47 PM

Until now I'd reckoned most posters here were beyond working age.

No such thing under the current government.

"  "Lud! did you ever see such a wet September, Mr. Jellyband?" asked Mr. Hempseed.

"It do seem more like April than September, don't it?" continued Mr. Hempseed, dolefully, as a shower of raindrops fell with a sizzle upon the fire.

"Aye! that it do," assented the worthy host, "but then what can you 'xpect, Mr. 'Empseed, I says, with sich a government as we've got?"
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

The Suns been shining,people have things to do emerging from this pandemic and I joined the old forum in 2011,that had its quiet times too.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Until now I'd reckoned most posters here were beyond working age.

No such thing under the current government.

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Left of Centre

Hopefully I can liven the place up with a few posts!

LoC

patman post

papasmurf

Quote from: MrMonkey23 on July 03, 2020, 10:53:37 AM
"A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold"

I read that as well but that was not what I asked. A link to some peer reviewed  research would help. A link to a dodgy American website is not that.

MrMonkey23

"A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold"