Media Ignores Scottish Covid 19 Efforts

Started by morayloon, July 09, 2020, 01:59:20 PM

« previous - next »

Jaydee

Quote from: nick on October 10, 2020, 08:55:11 AM
That isn't the reality, anyone who has had CV-19 within 28 days and gets hit by a bus is classed as dying from COVID.
There are also the ones with massive underlying health problems, even the common cold would see them off. The number of healthy people who have died from it is negligible.

That is the reality. And anyone hit by a bus is classed as being dead as the result of a  RTA. However I have a better idea.  You tell the Financial Times, the London School of Economics and the ONS that there figures were wrong.  And the 27,000 excess deaths in England not recorded or accounted for.  And now found to be in care homes in the main, at the beginning.   Was that they got ran over by a bus while in bed in a care home.  More to the point.  If you believe one figure coming from the gob of big Kranky Bojo and his incompetent clowns.  Then there is not a lot I can say.  They even boycott Piers Morgan on GMB, Radio 4, Channel 4 and the BBC politcal programme, and a few others. As they get asked awkward questions. Waffle utter clueless garbage.  When challenge they waffle with changes more clueless garbage.   See link below and that was 5 months ago.  Two days ago.  Sunak was doing his rounds. Lying through his teeth.  Stating that 250,000 tests on people had been carried out.  That changed in the next interview when questioned that 250,000 test had been sent out. Not only lying. He knew he was lying.  It was pointed out that the record for test was 83,000 and that was two weeks ago.  It had dropped since then.  But heh.  Peace brother.   Big Kranky Bojo has told you.  By 2030 your house will be powered by wind power.  As long as the workies do not get run over by a bus.  That was last seen spouting lying garbage, painted on its side,  over a year ago. 

https://www.ft.com/content/3c53ab12-d859-4ceb-b262-f6a0221ca129
https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-could-be-prosecuted-over-brexit-bus-claim/

And just for your info.  Covid 19 has killed 3 times more people in 8 months that pneumonia and the flue combined in a year.  And that using Big Kranky Bojo and his lying figures.  But heh why let facts get in the road

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-killed-three-times-as-many-people-as-flu-and-pneumonia-combined-figures-show-12098893

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 07, 2020, 10:58:10 AMThe reality of the death toll in England is now well over 67,000.

That isn't the reality, anyone who has had CV-19 within 28 days and gets hit by a bus is classed as dying from COVID.
There are also the ones with massive underlying health problems, even the common cold would see them off. The number of healthy people who have died from it is negligible.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Jaydee

Quote from: Borchester on July 10, 2020, 11:11:51 PM
Are you sure about this Moray?

As far as I can see the total number of deaths due to Covid 19 in the UK as a whole is 67 out of 100,000 while in Scotland is 73 out of a hundred.

Overall I reckon that this Chinese flu is a lot of fuss over a few snotty hankies, but the figures do suggest that Florence Nightingale wise, Wee Krankie has f**ked up a bit.

No Big Crankie has screwed it.  The reality of the death toll in England is now well over 67,000.  Not the absolute lying crap from Big Cranky Bojo and his clueless clowns.  Who only appears on the media when not asked awkward questions.   Those are the figures from the Financial times, the London School of Economics and the ONS. Not my figures. And back in the summer.   Go research.  The total number of deaths in Scotland is around 2,500.  When the word corvid is added whether they died of it or not it is around 3,500.  To put that in perspective.  England would only have some 35,000 deaths.  And that is the figures the Scottish government go by.  In a years time Wee Cranky unlike the buffoonish  tosspot big Cranky Bojo,  will not have to waffle, guffaw, rant garbage, go of on a tangent while trying to explain around 27,000 unexplained deaths.  The unexplained 27,000 deaths in England alone.  Which have not been recorded.  Would be on the same level as the entire death rate in Scotland.  Not to mention  16,000 people went missing from the world beating app.  How many now are being affected.  It is beyond me.  In terms of corona virus.  How any one can still believe one work coming out the idiotic gob of Big Cranky Bojo  or his useless clueless tosspots.  Defies the hell out of me.

https://www.ft.com/content/3c53ab12-d859-4ceb-b262-f6a0221ca129

morayloon

Quote from: Borchester on July 11, 2020, 02:23:03 PM
Quote from: morayloon on July 11, 2020, 01:15:40 PM
Quote from: morayloon on July 09, 2020, 01:59:20 PM
Scotland is controlling the virus much better than the England effort is but the media ignores that fact. "Has any other country, after being initially hamstrung by a misguided collective 'strategy', achieved so much?"
https://talkingupscotlandtwo.com/2020/07/09/scotlands-massive-achievement-ignored-as-cases-and-deaths-fall-toward-zero-in-one-month/

As far as I can see the total number of deaths due to Covid 19 in the UK as a whole is 67 out of 100,000 while in Scotland is 73 out of a hundred.

Overall I reckon that this Chinese flu is a lot of fuss over a few snotty hankies, but the figures do suggest that Florence Nightingale wise, Wee Krankie has f**ked up a bit.
The guy knows his stuff. He actually checks the figures. Infection rate & deaths are soaring in England. Yet Boris decided this was the time to stop his daily briefings. Here are the figures on 7th July  https://talkingupscotlandtwo.com/2020/07/07/as-the-infection-rate-today-in-england-soars-to-28-times-higher-than-in-scotland-pray-for-our-neighbours/

There is nothing more boring than an online maths lesson so I won't give one. Plus, were the highways and byways of Scotland impassable due to the mounds of Scots dying from the Peking Pox, Moray would still claim that the sun rose twice a day in Scotland and that things were a hundred times worse south of the border.

So I will only say that this Tusker bloke sounds like a bit of a prat.
Because the figures you quoted were so out of kilter with the true situation I suppose?
The facts speak for themselves. I note that you decided to ignore my query about Boris and his daily briefings.

Borchester

Quote from: morayloon on July 11, 2020, 01:15:40 PM
Scotland is controlling the virus much better than the England effort is but the media ignores that fact. "Has any other country, after being initially hamstrung by a misguided collective 'strategy', achieved so much?"
https://talkingupscotlandtwo.com/2020/07/09/scotlands-massive-achievement-ignored-as-cases-and-deaths-fall-toward-zero-in-one-month/

The guy knows his stuff. He actually checks the figures. Infection rate & deaths are soaring in England. Yet Boris decided this was the time to stop his daily briefings. Here are the figures on 7th July  https://talkingupscotlandtwo.com/2020/07/07/as-the-infection-rate-today-in-england-soars-to-28-times-higher-than-in-scotland-pray-for-our-neighbours/

There is nothing more boring than an online maths lesson so I won't give one. Plus, were the highways and byways of Scotland impassable due to the mounds of Scots dying from the Peking Pox, Moray would still claim that the sun rose twice a day in Scotland and that things were a hundred times worse south of the border.

So I will only say that this Tusker bloke sounds like a bit of a prat. 
Algerie Francais !

morayloon

Bright Young Thing

Getting into the nuts and bolts of the 'who did it better' popularity contest is no help to anyone. Time and accurate transparent data will prove who did it better, but every statistic will be poignant, and we need to remember those who lost their own life, or that of a relative. And better isn't a great word anyway - people have died so NO-ONE really did it BETTER, did they?

I'm a Scot and I'd be happy to be counted as saying that 'wee Krankie' (a fairly offensive nickname to me) has done her absolute bloody best with this. She's taken her own advice and not stuck with Boris, and made up her own mind. She's been with us every single step of the way, and has throughout been not only firm, but also sympathetic and empathetic. Wasn't keen on her before this, and probably won't be again once this is all over, but she's been there where it mattered.
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

Borchester

Overall I reckon that this Chinese flu is a lot of fuss over a few snotty hankies, but the figures do suggest that Florence Nightingale wise, Wee Krankie has fucked up a bit. 
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: GregB on July 09, 2020, 05:28:10 PM
Scotland is pretty much copying a England with a time lag, don't get me wrong I live in Scotland and I'm not complaining but let's be honest.

I agree and disagree with you greg.

As moray says , we were hamstrung following the original four nation approach( to my mind showing nicola sturgeons naievity) , and although our health is under our countrol , the purse strings are under westminsters control.

No matter what the scottish tax base produces , health spending in scotland is dependent on what westminster gives us under the lamentable barnet formula.

To the scottish governments credit , if this is what they can achieve tackling covid 19 under the shackles of devolution , imagine what we could have achieved as an indy country.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GregB

Scotland is pretty much copying a England with a time lag, don't get me wrong I live in Scotland and I'm not complaining but let's be honest.

morayloon