Life without Google Apps

Started by Baron von Lotsov, October 27, 2019, 04:55:26 PM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=3028 time=1572385883 user_id=63
The only problem with your post is that unlike microshite, whose systems are 100% protectionist closed source proprietary, android is the very opposite, its development base entirely open source.....

Wrong

There are two versions. The lite version is open source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niMj4nftXaA">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niMj4nftXaA (FF to 1:30)
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Baron von Lotsov

Take a look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEvjC23CITc">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEvjC23CITc

Huawei comply with the law, and the free market does the rest, in Chinese as well.

Also another thing. These phones can only be made with ARM licences and the US said ARM designs contained US technology and were subject to a ban. ARM lawyers checked, found ARM microprocessors were entirely UK designs and hence they can continue to supply them. These phones are going to become the top selling phone in the world and are only just behind Samsung. Interesting eh? The UK get Huawei out of a lot of trouble. Basically our country needs this business once we are out of the EU. Uncle Sam is about to lose the game entirely. We must be on the winning side. UK could more than make up for loss in revenue from Brexit if it taps this 1.3bn people market.

johnofgwent

The only problem with your post is that unlike microshite, whose systems are 100% protectionist closed source proprietary, android is the very opposite, its development base entirely open source.....

And from that,much of the rest of your post crumbles.

And it's entirely possible to enjoy an android phone without having a single Google app on it.  There are other repositories ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Baron von Lotsov

Life is a mobile phone these days - don't you know.

The top three selling phones in the world I'm told are

1) Samsung

2) Huawei

3) Apple

The dominant operating system is Google's Android and the system itself is designed to run apps rather than exe files. Why it does not run exe files is clearly for protectionist reasons, plus a few technical ones which help automate processes and prevent things going wrong. Fair enough to the second reason, but protectionism is communism and evil.

American consumers have got high off the opium and are addicted to Android and its protectionist apps, and now number 2 in the market has been forbidden from using Android or the apps.

Huawei have just released a phone called the Mate. Funny guy that Ren chap who runs it, but that's what it is called. They have quickly cobbled together their own operating system and I'm told it is a highly advanced phone. It has about the best camera in the business and looks beautiful and is everything one can dream for except Android and the apps. American consumers sit on a huge dilemma. On the one hand they must have the best latest technology, but on the other hand, how are they going to survive without the apps? I understand the Chinese already provide software for such a  phone and have their own systems which work fine, although you might have found Chinese difficult to read. I've tried a bit of this myself on an emulator, and I must say, the Chinese software isn't bad.

In time one wonders which way it will fall. Will apps mean the market is destroyed for them, or will Google go out of business? If China has to build their own version of all leading American technologies then they have a competitor, which is what they have not had before. No one has competed against Google and survived. Even in the early days when Google was not the dominant search engine, it just crushed the then current number one because it never had advertising on its search page. Can it stand up against Huawei though? You would think not, but then people thought the same about the IBM PC, where IBM was like the Roman Empire. However they could not make them cheap enough.

One final point is, Huawei say their new phone does not run Android and can not be made to do so, officially. There's a red flag to a bull eh!!!