DEMOCRACY

Q. Why do you want Brexit?

A. Because we voted for it.

Q. Why did you vote for it?

A. Because we want Brexit.

Q. Why do you want Brexit?

A. Because we voted for it.

Ad infinitum. (copyright J O'B)

What is the reason that dare not speak its name?
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2020, 12:40:57 AM
Sure, but we are still paying in, so does that mean the EU will be giving us 200 billion?
Puts hands to head and shakes slowly left and right, good god the level of ignorance being displayed.

Borchester

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 12:03:28 AM
It's ok Jimmy, everyone's tried it on at some stage and not been able to back it up. Don't worry about it, I'll make sure no one starts calling you "Jimmy no data".

Since everyone is plucking figures out of the air, I thought I would join in.

I reckon that the interest payments on the National Debt will increase by about 3 billions. And since we will save around 10 billions a year by leaving the EU, then Brussels will be effectively funding the furlonging of the British workforce for the next three years.

God bless Barnier. He may be barmy, but God bless him anyway.  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on October 13, 2020, 11:43:57 PMOn the other hand if we hadn't spent 5 years playing cat and mouse with the EU we wouldn't still have a large trade gap and would be around 90 billion pounds better off. Which of course are real facts.

How would you be 90b better off, and how is it 5 yrs, hint Art 50 was invoked 29 mar 2017.

Hows the 50,000 customs officials going and the chemical agency estimated at 800m a yr and all he other brexit costs like paying companies large sums not to leave. Oh all most forgot, whats the tax revenue lost on that  240b JPMorgan are moving out of the UK and the total of near 800b that will be gone by yr end.

Sure, you would have been far better off.

Sheepy

Quote from: Jaydee on October 13, 2020, 11:52:01 PM
And of course it has cost the UK tax payer over  £200 billion in the last two years or so. That is more than the UK has contributed to the EU since 1973 and a drop of 3% in the Uk economy.  But heh why let facts get in the road
Sure, but we are still paying in, so does that mean the EU will be giving us 200 billion?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Jaydee

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 12:03:28 AM
It's ok Jimmy, everyone's tried it on at some stage and not been able to back it up. Don't worry about it, I'll make sure no one starts calling you "Jimmy no data".

Which figure do you need backing up. I am still waiting for you to correct anything I have said. Which has already been quoted and given to you by several posters.  And you still have not explained what your chart is saying. You do not have a clue do you. And you are now back to being a statement maker.  Totally incapable of backing it up. The Emperors Clothes 

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 13, 2020, 11:57:24 PM
What link do you need.  As you clearly are incapable of finding it for your self. Then lets have your link that say the UK government, and so, the FT etc  has its figures wrong

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Jaydee

Quote from: nick on October 13, 2020, 11:56:22 PM
You quoted a load of figures, it's customary on a forum to provide a link to where the data came from. Pappy will tell you that.

What link do you need.  As you clearly are incapable of finding it for your self. Then lets have your link that say the UK government, the FT, Bloomberg HMRC and so on..  etc  has its figures wrong.  It is customary to correct them. And you still have not explained your chart

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 13, 2020, 11:53:40 PM
Which link do you need.  Now with your graph.  What are you trying to say.

You quoted a load of figures, it's customary on a forum to provide a link to where the data came from. Pappy will tell you that.

Jaydee

Quote from: nick on October 13, 2020, 11:49:27 PM
They're nothing until you provide a link Jimmy.

Which link do you need.  Now with your graph.  What are you trying to say.

Jaydee

Quote from: Sheepy on October 13, 2020, 11:43:57 PM
On the other hand if we hadn't spent 5 years playing cat and mouse with the EU we wouldn't still have a large trade gap and would be around 90 billion pounds better off. Which of course are real facts.

And of course it has cost the UK tax payer over  £200 billion in the last two years or so. That is more than the UK has contributed to the EU since 1973 and a drop of 3% in the Uk economy.  But heh why let facts get in the road

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 13, 2020, 11:46:19 PM
That is correct.  They are UK government, FT Bloomberg, HMRC and so on figures   Which you say are wrong.  Correct them   And re read my previous statement.  I had to add, and you posted before I could add. .

They're nothing until you provide a link Jimmy.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 13, 2020, 11:41:50 PM
No he's quoting numbers that you can't disprove. Numbers provided by experts. Lets say their accurate to within +/- 15%. If you think their incorrect prove it. Otherwise the numbers stand for themselves

No Gerry, these numbers have been provided by someone on a forum, we haven't had the experts numbers as Jimmy refuses to share the link.

Jaydee

Quote from: nick on October 13, 2020, 11:38:43 PM
You mean you're quoting someone else's figures that you can't prove? Even better 😂

That is correct.  They are UK government, FT Bloomberg, HMRC and so on figures   Which you say are wrong.  Correct them   And re read my previous statement.  I had to add, and you posted before I could add. . 

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on October 13, 2020, 11:37:08 PM
That proves nothing, the national debt could have been 130b less than it was if brexit hadn't happen.

What the report did do was show where the UK was in comparison to EU countries over yrs prior to brexit and the years after brexit and extrapolates where the UK would have been if it had stayed in the EU.

You asking for facts, when you know full well it's impossible to show a fact when we don't know how the UK would have performed if it had stayed in the EU.

But it's a typical brexiteer mantra, ignore the experts sure what would they know. But the along comes c19 and the Govt is all about doing what the experts say.

Why hasn't Johnson said in his most eloquent way 'lets just spaff the c19 experts advise up the wall and forget about lock downs'.

On the other hand if we hadn't spent 5 years playing cat and mouse with the EU we wouldn't still have a large trade gap and would be around 90 billion pounds better off. Which of course are real facts.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!