General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on October 20, 2020, 01:33:57 PM
I don't even try, punctuation of a 5 year old.

Talking of punctuation I read the other day that some of the young view full stops as threatening in texts!

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on October 20, 2020, 01:05:19 PM
To be frank JD, no we don't.

I don't even try, punctuation of a 5 year old.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Jaydee on October 20, 2020, 12:42:36 PM
Oh dear.  You mean you do not have a clue what I was talking about.

To be frank JD, no we don't.
Algerie Francais !

Jaydee

Quote from: Nick on October 20, 2020, 11:20:26 AM

More illegible nonsense that I'm not going to attempt to decipher.

Oh dear.  You mean you do not have a clue what I was talking about.  It sounds simple to me.  I asked the question.  Could you explain a Australian type deal to me. How very difficult.  Mind you.  Neither does the government have a clue what it means.   Then I asked how can the UK trade without a schedule of concession.  .  So may I suggest you go and search on google.  Schedule of Concession.  Or look back on my post and you will find it explained simple along with a video from Andrew Neil.  Which you describe as illegible nonsense.  In fact I have done it for you.  Or is it still illegible nonsense.  Oh jings.  Look at the links.  I wonder what it all  means. In your case.  You now know.  Alas the Emperor's Clothes will kick in.  No answer and you will make another statement in the hope the questions will go away. Just like Big Kranky Bojo.  . As he boycotts about 6 radio and TV stations.

https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/schedules_e/goods_schedules_e.htm
https://truepublica.org.uk/united-kingdom/brexit-britains-trade-application-that-the-wto-rejected/
https://youtu.be/xHse_CmO4gU

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 20, 2020, 11:32:34 AMAustralia doesn't have a FTA with the EU

Smashing, but we were discussing the UK's relationship with the EU.

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on October 20, 2020, 11:21:51 AM
No johnson will give them a 5 star office, with a sign outside saying ABC Ltd. And he'll ask the EU doesn't tell his fanatical fan base.
Under the WA any dispute and penalties paid will be dealt with under the mechanism of the WA.

If you want a trade deal you need to talk, not sulk, you should pass that on.

BoJo does not want a trade deal. Nor do most Brexiters. And after years of your odd fantasies, I suspect that quite a number of remainers have come to the reluctant conclusion that the best policy will be to give Brussels the Agincourt salute and sort matters out afterwards.

Overall Gerry, Boris is having a tough time of things but with your support I reckon that he and the UK will pull through.
Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Oh while your reading Nick, have you those examples of the financial success seen by the UK since voting to leave...nothing ?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on October 20, 2020, 11:20:26 AM

I'll explain it to you Nick.
Australia doesn't have a FTA with the EU, bar one or two side deals that lets its wine in tariff free.
Australia is on the other side of the planet and trades mostly with Asia and neighboring countries so didn't have a FTA with the EU as a priority but it is working hard to get one as talks are ongoing. It has targeted the EU as its next big export market as closer ones near saturation.

The UK going on WTO (debateable) is nothing like what Australia does, Australia has many FTA with their nearest and biggest trading partners. The UK s biggest trade partner is the EU by far and seems more interested in scoring points about who controls the talks, when we all know the EU does. The only one playing this game is the UK, pathetic to have to watch.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on October 20, 2020, 01:42:12 AM
Will they be commuting from Brussels every day?

Unfortunately for any EU inspectors, should they be displeased by anything we do, they only have two means of recourse.

To advise us of their prefered alternative or to withdraw the EU from the Withdrawal Agreement.
Neither of which is of any concern to us at all.

Without an agreable trade deal being on offer, they have no carrot and no stick.
No johnson will give them a 5 star office, with a sign outside saying ABC Ltd. And he'll ask the EU doesn't tell his fanatical fan base.
Under the WA any dispute and penalties paid will be dealt with under the mechanism of the WA.

If you want a trade deal you need to talk, not sulk, you should pass that on.

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 20, 2020, 08:25:36 AM
What did you predict. From your own link..  A No 10 spokesman said the prime minister had noted the EU's offer to "intensify" the talks during a call between Barnier and his British counterpart on Monday but insisted there remained no basis yet to resume the negotiation.  Where is the crack.  Big Kranky Bojo, the Downing street muppet.  Did not have a clue what he has already signed.  And the EU are well aware Big Big Kranky, Bojo is on the blame and lying game.  It is how he operates.  In case you have not noticed.  The EU are  now playing him at his own game. Without lying.   The world knows that clueless muppets days of playing the loveable fool are over.  Ask real people from the Watford gap, Northwards.  And Biden has already  made it clear.  If he wins the US election.  Big Kranky Bojo, can redirect  any deal with the US, that affects the Good Friday agreement, to his rectum.  By the way.  I have already told you.   the US under Trump,  have already rejected the UK schedule of concession application.  Ask Liam Fox.   How can the UK do a deal with any body when they do not have that schedule.. .  I have already explained this to you.  I still see the reactions in the novel the  Emperor's Clothes are still having a effect on you. Now for the latest meaningless buzz word. Can you tell me what a AUSTRALIA TYPE DEAL Wow it sounds so grandiose and wonderful. Why not call it a Somalian, or Pakistan or Outer Mongolian type deal.  However I am all ears.  You explain it to me.  Australia is a member of the WTO.  And operates under those rules. As all 164 members do.  You do not have a clue what I am talking about.  Do you.

Jaydee

Quote from: Nick on October 20, 2020, 05:47:19 AM

Just as we all predicted, this is when the Midnight Cowboys start to fall in line. Just as the countries that rely on UK trade start to crack. You kept on saying we'll see who blinks first, think we're seeing the answer to that Gerry.

What did you predict. From your own link..  A No 10 spokesman said the prime minister had noted the EU's offer to "intensify" the talks during a call between Barnier and his British counterpart on Monday but insisted there remained no basis yet to resume the negotiation.  Where is the crack.  Big Kranky Bojo, the Downing street muppet.  Did not have a clue what he has already signed.  And the EU are well aware Big Big Kranky, Bojo is on the blame and lying game.  It is how he operates.  In case you have not noticed.  The EU are  now playing him at his own game. Without lying.   The world knows that clueless muppets days of playing the loveable fool are over.  Ask real people from the Watford gap, Northwards.  And Biden has already  made it clear.  If he wins the US election.  Big Kranky Bojo, can redirect  any deal with the US, that affects the Good Friday agreement, to his rectum.  By the way.  I have already told you.   the US under Trump,  have already rejected the UK schedule of concession application.  Ask Liam Fox.   How can the UK do a deal with any body when they do not have that schedule.. .  I have already explained this to you.  I still see the reactions in the novel the  Emperor's Clothes are still having a effect on you. Now for the latest meaningless buzz word. Can you tell me what a AUSTRALIA TYPE DEAL Wow it sounds so grandiose and wonderful. Why not call it a Somalian, or Pakistan or Outer Mongolian type deal.  However I am all ears.  You explain it to me.  Australia is a member of the WTO.  And operates under those rules. As all 164 members do.  You do not have a clue what I am talking about.  Do you. 

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 20, 2020, 12:59:31 AM
YOu had better tell Gove that because he's agreeing to it. Haven't you learnt yet. UK politicians tell you what you want to hear ad then they go off and do whatever.

And you better learn Gove isn't pulling the strings.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/19/brexit-gove-praises-constructive-move-as-eu-agrees-to-intensify-talks

Just as we all predicted, this is when the Midnight Cowboys start to fall in line. Just as the countries that rely on UK trade start to crack. You kept on saying we'll see who blinks first, think we're seeing the answer to that Gerry.

Baff

Will they be commuting from Brussels every day?

Unfortunately for any EU inspectors, should they be displeased by anything we do, they only have two means of recourse.

To advise us of their prefered alternative or to withdraw the EU from the Withdrawal Agreement.
Neither of which is of any concern to us at all.

Without an agreable trade deal being on offer, they have no carrot and no stick.

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on October 19, 2020, 07:28:20 PMSo instead of a legation the EU is prepared to accept a few vets by way of a face saving gesture.

Somehow Gerry will spin this into a mega victory for Brussels and the end of the British Empire, but even his fantasy fogged brain will have to work overtime on this one.
Earlier this yr the EU was looking to establish an office for the staff that would be overseeing the UK customs (between GB and NI) to make sure they were doing what they said they would as agreed with the UK. This brought uproar, but now it looks like the EU have settled for no office but the EU staff will be there checking the UK teams, but they'll do it discretely so as not to embarrass Johnson and Gove.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on October 19, 2020, 07:00:39 PMSo the EU think they can set up camp in the UK on their say so? You really think that the EU can just do what they want Gerry, well they can't.
YOu had better tell Gove that because he's agreeing to it. Haven't you learnt yet. UK politicians tell you what you want to hear ad then they go off and do whatever.