General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 06:14:20 PM
It started as a low hum but it seems the volume and pressure is building for there to be a deal. Barnier has been told to bend - poor chap - not only by Ursula von der Leyen President of the Commision who will have presumably been fielding discontent EU wide,  but today I see reports that Merkel is getting impatient.

Once again 'the fat lady' (no reference to Merkel specifically) is warming up and I am expecting her to erupt into full voice any time soon. Now the interesting thing will be just how disruptive Germany - a la Merkel - will be if Barnier fails. It's been boring of late but now it just might be building up to a grand finale. I wonder if there will be any curtain calls with standing ovations or just curtains!

So the rhetoric of 2 years back where she said the EU is more important that the German car industry has changed then.

How many of us Brexiteers have been saying since day one that the EU will deal at the 11th hour?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

It started as a low hum but it seems the volume and pressure is building for there to be a deal. Barnier has been told to bend - poor chap - not only by Ursula von der Leyen President of the Commision who will have presumably been fielding discontent EU wide,  but today I see reports that Merkel is getting impatient.

Once again 'the fat lady' (no reference to Merkel specifically) is warming up and I am expecting her to erupt into full voice any time soon. Now the interesting thing will be just how disruptive Germany - a la Merkel - will be if Barnier fails. It's been boring of late but now it just might be building up to a grand finale. I wonder if there will be any curtain calls with standing ovations or just curtains!

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 28, 2020, 04:19:37 PM
I have maintained from the start that the UK could and should continue to push for beneficial changes from within the EU rather than letting a few rose-tinted bespectacled Empire Loyalists continue the myth that individual EU (and previously EEC) member countries were subservient to a hidden master plan, and adversely impacting the future of the UK.

Individual national approaches to Covid and other long-enacted EEC/EU policies when conditions change is proving this is so...

Cameron tried that and came back with nothing, that's why we got the referendum.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on November 30, 2020, 05:23:07 PM
It's too late, Merkel let 2 million unknown entities into the zone. They've breached the defences by walking in as refugees, just as al qaeda said they would.
And the rest, nobody knows how many.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on November 28, 2020, 03:43:22 PM
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/macron-calls-for-eu-free-movement-reform/

It's too late, Merkel let 2 million unknown entities into the zone. They've breached the defences by walking in as refugees, just as al qaeda said they would.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 30, 2020, 07:11:32 AM
:) :)  LOL

What can you say streetwalker?

A so called paddy who apparently lives in dublin but has to google prominent dublin politicians , cause he hasnt heard of them , and spells the word "craic" as the anglified "crack".?

As well as spending all his time telling england how bad they are leaving the eu.

I dont think i have once heard him post anything about ireland or day to day issues in ireland , its all anti brexit propaganda.

Definetly gerry cascarino. :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on November 29, 2020, 08:14:07 PM

what you saying sheep? I shouldnt offer him a roll in bacon and a cup o tea? :)
Probably not Thomas, or a microwaved crap dinner, we all live on steak and caviar.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on November 29, 2020, 07:49:11 PM
I dunno, maybe there is a mass arm chewing planned.

what you saying sheep? I shouldnt offer him a roll in bacon and a cup o tea? :)

Sheepy

I dunno, maybe there is a mass arm chewing planned.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on November 29, 2020, 07:38:43 PM
Well, you know how it is, he was always going to have another psychotic episode. Like I told him when he started, more intelligent people than him have ended up with a bomb strapped on them. A little rest will be probably do him a favour.

A feckin bomb strapped on him?

:D

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on November 29, 2020, 07:30:06 PM
probably sheep.

your hastings mate had a right wobble last night , have you been putting somefing in his tea by any chance?
Well, you know how it is, he was always going to have another psychotic episode. Like I told him when he started, more intelligent people than him have ended up with a bomb strapped on them. A little rest will be probably do him a favour.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on November 29, 2020, 07:28:34 PM
well, I was just reading a piece saying the populists are a formidable force, not that the opposition is just the same old c^^nts they have always been then. just saying.

probably sheep.

your hastings mate had a right wobble last night , have you been putting somefing in his tea by any chance?

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on November 29, 2020, 04:28:35 PM
This forum is getting a wee bit boring now to be honest.

No really.

I liked it better when the anglo remainers where getting a wee bit uppity last december and telling me how the silent remain majority was going to smash brexiters and restore democcracy.

They are now that cowed and browbeaten with four weeks to go till brexit none of them can even mount a weak defence on behalf of daft carole.

I thought gaga joes victory over trump might have put a wee spring into their steps........but no ...nothing. :D

Dyno is banned , javert has ran off , beely is too busy chalking up covid deaths and telling us how the end of the world is nigh , quackers has finally went doolally so that leaves gerry cascarino.

I have high hopes for gerry to fight to the bitter end. :P
well, I was just reading a piece saying the populists are a formidable force, not that the opposition is just the same old c^^nts they have always been then. just saying.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on November 29, 2020, 05:45:52 PM
:D ;D

same here borkie.

Gerry has given a rousing defence at times , but apart from that its been a pretty weak affair since last december.

As for pat , well , there you go borkie. :D

I have been trying to keep up the interest Tommy, paticularly when the blond blobby started going on about tiers. Hello I thought, Boris is going to end the lockdown and have a Sci Fi Convention centred around the world of Philip Jose Farmer's the World of Tiers books. But no, just more bollocks about the Chinese Cough. And I still don't know which tiers are good and which bad.

Just glanced through the Sunday Times. No decent book reviews so no point in reading further except that Rishi Sunak seems to think that all the fuss over the flu is getting boring and everyone (except me of course) should go back to work. I like the sound of that, particularly as I won't be doing any.

So, Rishi Sunak for PM!
Algerie Francais !