Coronavirus: England highest level of excess deaths

Started by papasmurf, July 30, 2020, 01:02:10 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 31, 2020, 05:06:21 PM

I said fatalities. You know, folk who are dead. I am not interested in those who have decided to skiv off work with a convenient cought which will respond well to a few days with their feet up. I mean those who are no more, who have popped their clogs, who have turned their toes up etc etc. Don't bother to reply. I don't want the three or four spoonfuls of porridge that you are amused to called a brain to implode.

There is no need of the personal insults just because you are scared of Covid-19 but won't admit it.

As for deaths:-

More at link:-

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/coronavirus-ons-defends-delay-to-updated-disability-death-stats/

30th July 2020

Further research showing how many disabled people have died during the later stages of the coronavirus pandemic is not likely to be published until October, according to a government department.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) finally produced figures on 19 June that showed how many disabled people had died of COVID-19 during the early stages of the pandemic.

The figures were published three-and-a-half months after the UK's first recorded death from the virus.

They showed that about 22,500 disabled people of all ages died due to COVID-19 between 2 March and 15 May, compared with about 15,500 non-disabled people.

They also showed that younger disabled males (those "limited a lot" in daily life and aged between nine and 64) were 6.5 times more likely to have died due to COVID-19 than non-disabled males, while disabled females between nine and 64 were 11.3 times more likely to have died through COVID-19 than non-disabled females in the same age group.

The "shocking" figures led to calls from disabled people's organisations for an inquiry into the reasons behind the disproportionately high number of deaths of disabled people during the pandemic.

But they only showed deaths up to 15 May, and there are still no figures showing how many disabled people died in the next six weeks.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 31, 2020, 01:16:10 PM
Quote from: Borchester on July 31, 2020, 11:17:52 AM

Speaking as a nasty bastard, I think it only fair to point out that the number of deaths has been falling for the last 16 weeks and that on the 27 July it was only 7.

In case you have missed it because of a rise in infections at midnight last night 4 million people were put back on lockdown. Also Bojo The Clown has just postponed the easing up of the lock down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53609354

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

I am terribly sorry Pappy, I keep forgetting how hard your are of thinking, although, as you will be the first to admit that your general reading and comprehension skills are a bit crap as well.

I said fatalities. You know, folk who are dead. I am not interested in those who have decided to skiv off work with a convenient cought which will respond well to a few days with their feet up. I mean those who are no more, who have popped their clogs, who have turned their toes up etc etc. Don't bother to reply. I don't want the three or four spoonfuls of porridge that you are amused to called a brain to implode.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 31, 2020, 11:17:52 AM

Speaking as a nasty bastard, I think it only fair to point out that the number of deaths has been falling for the last 16 weeks and that on the 27 July it was only 7.

In case you have missed it because of a rise in infections at midnight last night 4 million people were put back on lockdown. Also Bojo The Clown has just postponed the easing up of the lock down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53609354

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 31, 2020, 06:36:46 AM
Quote from: Barry on July 30, 2020, 10:12:22 PM
Excess deaths have been in negative territory for the past 5 weeks and are currently 3% below the average.
The herd immunity model is still the best option in my opinion and we nearly did it. Then the gov lost their bottle.

The herd immunity model, as preached by some of the nasty bastards in the country is bullshine. Their version of herd immunity works if you don't care how many people die.
On the other hand herd immunity using vaccine does work, as long as the number of anti vaccine zealots can be kept small.

Speaking as a nasty bastard, I think it only fair to point out that the number of deaths has been falling for the last 16 weeks and that on the 27 July it was only 7. If any of that has been reported by the MSM I must have missed it. The media is having too good a time running around with this easy non story to do any real reporting and will continue to flag this nonsense until the Duchess of Sussex gets laid by Donald Trump.

This bug  is overwhelmingly dangerous to the over 70s, most of whom are already suffering from terminal old age anyway. So expect me and Pappy to turn up our toes if for no better reason than to bugger up my figures. Everyone else should get out and enjoy the sunshine. The best ways to kill yourself are to be careful and go into a hospital. The first weakens your resistance and the second is ridden with germs.

PS. The front fence has blown down and I have decided to replace it with leyandii, but first I will need to dig up a few square yards of tarmac. Anyone who thinks he has this flu should come and give me a hand. A bit of exercise, a few beers and a good night's sleep cures most aliments. And if it doesn't you were going to die anyway

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 30, 2020, 10:12:22 PM
Excess deaths have been in negative territory for the past 5 weeks and are currently 3% below the average.
The herd immunity model is still the best option in my opinion and we nearly did it. Then the gov lost their bottle.

The herd immunity model, as preached by some of the nasty bastards in the country is bullshine. Their version of herd immunity works if you don't care how many people die.
On the other hand herd immunity using vaccine does work, as long as the number of anti vaccine zealots can be kept small.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on July 30, 2020, 01:23:35 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on July 30, 2020, 01:02:10 PM
This is not a surprise:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53592881

46 minutes ago
England had the highest levels of excess deaths in Europe between the end of February and the middle of June, official analysis shows.

The Office for National Statistics says England saw the second highest peak rates of death in Europe, after Spain.

But England had the longest period where deaths were above average, and so overall had the highest levels.

Well you do realise before long there will be a lot of posts saying this didn't happen,then some will say oh yes it did and the replies will be to the contrary and pantomime season will begin early.

Well, it is now admitted that if you tested positive for coronavirus and then died because an articulated lorrry smashed into your car as you drove back from the test centre, or a bus creamed you into the carriageway as you crossed the road to go home having been discharged from hospital having been declared a survivor of the pox, your would be added to the COVID 19 death stats as surely as if you had been the person they threw off the IU ward to make room for boris.

So these figures are about as bogus as support for jeremy corbyn.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 30, 2020, 02:59:51 PM
...and there are still people refusing to accept and comply with laws and recommendations for protecting themselves and others

Those people should be rounded up and shipped out to St Kilda.

patman post

...and there are still people refusing to accept and comply with laws and recommendations for protecting themselves and others when it's increasingly obvious that the early lack of intervention (and confusing in information) contributed greatly to the high infection and death rates across the UK...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on July 30, 2020, 01:02:10 PM

46 minutes ago
England had the highest levels of excess deaths in Europe between the end of February and the middle of June, official analysis shows.

The Office for National Statistics says England saw the second highest peak rates of death in Europe, after Spain.

But England had the longest period where deaths were above average, and so overall had the highest levels.

Well you do realise before long there will be a lot of posts saying this didn't happen,then some will say oh yes it did and the replies will be to the contrary and pantomime season will begin early.

You can't mention the corona virus and the consequences,like basil  Fawlty the Germans and the war I mentioned it once and think I got away with it. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

46 minutes ago