Coronavirus: What are the rules for face masks or face coverings?

Started by GBNews, August 01, 2020, 07:01:13 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 19, 2020, 09:14:39 PM

and kept out of enclosed public spaces if they're not able to wear masks...

Well all of the people I know who are shielding like me, took no notice of Bojo The Clown and are staying shielding.
The only way I would go into an enclosed public space would be if I had a Porton suit and breathing apparatus.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on August 19, 2020, 06:36:53 PMThe people who are deliberately not wearing masks where they should be should be jailed.
and kept out of enclosed public spaces if they're not able to wear masks...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 19, 2020, 06:25:32 PM
Not if I have to mix with those making excuses for people who don't wear masks...

The people who are deliberately not wearing masks where they should be should be jailed.

patman post

Not if I have to mix with those making excuses for people who don't wear masks...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 19, 2020, 05:51:24 PM

Seems to me that if someone is disabled and/or poorly enough not to be able to use a mask, they shouldn't be out in public anyway...

I think you need to go on a disability awareness course as a matter of urgency.

patman post

Quote from: srb7677 on August 02, 2020, 10:08:04 PMBut some staff - as well as some customers - have medical exemptions.
Seems to me that if someone is disabled and/or poorly enough not to be able to use a mask, they shouldn't be out in public anyway...

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 03, 2020, 07:25:18 AM
There is no point in having rules if they are not enforced .
Therein lies the problem.

As is sadly typical, the government makes a new law without mandating the slightest enforcement of it. Shops themselves lack the authority and in any case don't want the grief so will not attempt to enforce it themselves unless mandated by law to do so. In theory the police can enter shops and fine people for not wearing masks but in practice they have better things to do so it never happens. Nor are they mandated to do it.

So we have a law with no enforcement whatsoever relying on people obeying it anyway. I find it incredible under such circumstances that most people actually are. But those who don't are getting away with it, many of those who do are moaning about having to do so and about those that don't. Under such circumstances - with zero enforcement - I suspect compliance will gradually diminish. When the sheeple figure out they are being taken for mugs.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2020, 01:18:48 PM

Bojo The Clown is an expert at testiculation, waving his arms about and talking balls.

So you have been telling us all for a while now , yet he won the tory leadership election , won a landslide at the last general election , and became prime minister. On top of that , he  helped win  the brexit referendum aganst what i would say was all the odds.

If he is a clown , he is a dangerous clown folk like you keep underestimating time and again.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 03, 2020, 01:13:51 PM

We expect governments to do something even if there isn't much they can do. So the powers that be issue various regulations that they can't enforce because that is the way the game is played. So Boris will wave his hands in the air and say that we must all lose weight so as to combat Covid 19 and we will think well done BoJo, we are getting our money's worth, but most of won't take any notice.

Bojo The Clown is an expert at testiculation, waving his arms about and talking balls.

Borchester

Depends.

We expect governments to do something even if there isn't much they can do. So the powers that be issue various regulations that they can't enforce because that is the way the game is played. So Boris will wave his hands in the air and say that we must all lose weight so as to combat Covid 19 and we will think well done BoJo, we are getting our money's worth, but most of won't take any notice.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2020, 07:26:21 AM

That is why Covid-19 has lasted so long.

No it isnt.

You cant eliminate this virus by hiding in doors hoping it is going to go away.

The spanish flu from 1918 is still circulating the globe today . Staff in shops and many other venues are indeed enforcing the rules on things like facemasks , as are the police etc.

You are constantly looking for someone to blame , but the simple fact of the matter is as barry says , this is a virus and a pandemic , and unless there is a vacine , then one way or the other , it is going to work its way through the population.

Stop looking for scapegoats and bleating that the world isnt following the rules. A small minority arent the rest of us are. By and large rules are being enforced , and you do a disservice to the many folk every day who not only enforce these rules , but the public who are quite happy to obey them.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

That is why Covid-19 has lasted so long.

Streetwalker

srb7677

Shop workers are not actually legally obliged to wear masks but are strongly advised to by managers who tend to lead by example, all of them wearing masks themselves.

But those sat on checkouts behind shielded areas do not have to wear them, though if they choose not to there is the obvious danger that some customers might regard this as double standards.

But some staff - as well as some customers - have medical exemptions.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

GBNews

Coronavirus: What are the rules for face masks or face coverings?

Museums, galleries and cinemas are added to the places where face coverings sgould be worn in England.

Source: Coronavirus: What are the rules for face masks or face coverings?