Ill behaved tourists an national and international problem.

Started by papasmurf, August 03, 2020, 11:34:08 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 04, 2020, 08:13:15 AM

Going a off  topic here but yes the smaller builders are using the waste carriers more as they are far cheaper than the skip . Clients prefer them and dont like skips outside the house for weeks on end  along with next doors old  mattress  suddenly appearing on top of it .

Major builders still use skips . They get them a lot cheaper as they can have as many skips on site at one time as they like, sorting the materials as they go with each skip being for a designated material . This obviously  saves the skip company from the sorting at the yard Barry mentions and reduces the price even further .

You can normally reduce the price of your skip if its not mixed materials and if its for spoil  a grab lorry is normally the cheapest option . As we have said though for just general household rubbish , a ripped out bath or indeed grandmas mattress a waste carrier is the way to go .

I know mate , as you know i was once in the building game myself , my faither in law is a chippy , and some in my  family involved in building .

Obviously its not economical for large builders on sites to use waste carriers , i was simply carrying on the conversation postman brought up about them and saying we used them too and that they seem to be increasing in use.

As far as i know every waste carrier no matter how they collect has to sort through and recycle except the cowboys.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Thomas on August 04, 2020, 07:23:42 AM
Quote from: Barry on August 03, 2020, 10:27:58 PM

I'm in the process of moving and we were talking to a skip driver in Kent as he picked up. He said since the virus they've gone from 40 to 70 skips a day. Asked about recycling, the whole of the skip contents are sorted - wood to power stations, metal to scrap, paper to recycling until they are left with some plastic and dust. Very little goes to landfill from skips.

Barry i think you are misunderstanding what i posted.

I used a licenced waste carrier , registered company with sign written van and the two guys had logo`d workwear. Most of the waste they collect too goes to be recycled. Only the pikeys dont as streetwalker says , it normally ends up in the farmers field.

The only two differences i can see is the method of carrying the waste , and the price.

The point i was making the plastic bags much of the waste is carried in can't be reused( the sacks can) while the metal skip can , yet the less green plastic sacks are cheaper than the reusable skip which doesnt make any sense in terms of environmental concerns.

Lastly , from what i hear (anecdotally) waste carriers are becoming more and more the norm among builders where as years ago it would normally only be a skip.

Going a off  topic here but yes the smaller builders are using the waste carriers more as they are far cheaper than the skip . Clients prefer them and dont like skips outside the house for weeks on end  along with next doors old  mattress  suddenly appearing on top of it .

Major builders still use skips . They get them a lot cheaper as they can have as many skips on site at one time as they like, sorting the materials as they go with each skip being for a designated material . This obviously  saves the skip company from the sorting at the yard Barry mentions and reduces the price even further .

You can normally reduce the price of your skip if its not mixed materials and if its for spoil  a grab lorry is normally the cheapest option . As we have said though for just general household rubbish , a ripped out bath or indeed grandmas mattress a waste carrier is the way to go .

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on August 03, 2020, 10:27:58 PM

I'm in the process of moving and we were talking to a skip driver in Kent as he picked up. He said since the virus they've gone from 40 to 70 skips a day. Asked about recycling, the whole of the skip contents are sorted - wood to power stations, metal to scrap, paper to recycling until they are left with some plastic and dust. Very little goes to landfill from skips.

Barry i think you are misunderstanding what i posted.

I used a licenced waste carrier , registered company with sign written van and the two guys had logo`d workwear. Most of the waste they collect too goes to be recycled. Only the pikeys dont as streetwalker says , it normally ends up in the farmers field.

The only two differences i can see is the method of carrying the waste , and the price.

The point i was making the plastic bags much of the waste is carried in cant be reused( the sacks can) while the metal skip can , yet the less green plastic sacks are cheaper than the reusable skip which doesnt make any sense in terms of environmental concerns.

Lastly , from what i hear (anecdotally) waste carriers are becoming more and more the norm among builders where as years ago it would normally only be a skip.

Barry

Quote from: Thomas on August 03, 2020, 04:51:24 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on August 03, 2020, 04:30:43 PM

Anyone responsible would have told them to feck off . Anyone using unlicensed waste carriers are as much the problem as they are .

We just had our bathroom done , and used a licenced waste carrier , and i can guarentee you mate it was far cheaper than hiring a skip.

Our downstairs bathroom was stripped , needed a new floor  , ceiling down and walls re skimmed , whole new suite fitted , and tiled ,with all the old rubble , suite and tile waste dumped in bags.

To me these new green taxes dont make much feckin sense.

Taxing skips to the hilt , but a licenced carrier can take building rubble away in large sacks or  heavy duty plastic bags for pennies in comparison. The plastic bags can't be recycled , but you wouldnt use them if you had a skip , yet the former is cheaper than the latter due to all those green taxes. mental.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 03, 2020, 04:32:58 PM

You actually think Pikeys   pay the fines Papa ?

In that case of the countryside and wildlife act it is pay the fines or do the jail time. (The fines are per flora or fauna damaged or killed.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 03, 2020, 04:30:43 PM

Anyone responsible would have told them to feck off . Anyone using unlicensed waste carriers are as much the problem as they are .

We just had our bathroom done , and used a licenced waste carrier , and i can guarentee you mate it was far cheaper than hiring a skip.

Our downstairs bathroom was stripped , needed a new floor  , ceiling down and walls re skimmed , whole new suite fitted , and tiled ,with all the old rubble , suite and tile waste dumped in bags.

To me these new green taxes dont make much feckin sense.

Taxing skips to the hilt , but a licenced carrier can take building rubble away in large sacks or  heavy duty plastic bags for pennies in comparison. The plastic bags can't be recycled , but you wouldnt use them if you had a skip , yet the former is cheaper than the latter due to all those green taxes. mental.

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 03, 2020, 04:38:13 PMround here they [....] shit anywhere
That's dog walkers here, well, the dogs they're walking anyway. But Hackney has introduced a max £1000 fine. I hope it gets applied, but I think somehow it'll be just another bit of legislation to show the council's doing something even if the end result is nothing...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2020, 02:58:47 PM
Quote from: johnofgwent on August 03, 2020, 02:52:52 PM

No. They're pikeys...

Actually Pikeys (at least locally) never park on SSSIs, because of the high levels of fines possible under the Countryside and Wildlife Act.
(As the organiser of an illegal rave on a local SSSI found out. Never been seen in the area again.)

round here they park anywhere and shit anywhere. and thank the local lefturds for imposing legislation that makes the tax payer take pity on them.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2020, 02:58:47 PM

No. They're pikeys...

Actually Pikeys (at least locally) never park on SSSIs, because of the high levels of fines possible under the Countryside and Wildlife Act.
(As the organiser of an illegal rave on a local SSSI found out. Never been seen in the area again.)

You actually think Pikeys   pay the fines Papa ?

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on August 03, 2020, 03:59:04 PM

We've got about a skip load of general building and clear-out rubbish (being added to nightly by the neighbours, it seems). I reckon a delivered and collected parked-on-the-road skip to be about £250+. A couple in a white van stopped on Sat a.m. while we were sorting it and offered to take it all for £90 — after I didn't jump at their £100 offer.
I don't know where they were intending to take it, but I bet it wouldn't be a legal tip...

patman post

No. They're pikeys...
We've got about a skip load of general building and clear-out rubbish (being added to nightly by the neighbours, it seems). I reckon a delivered and collected parked-on-the-road skip to be about £250+. A couple in a white van stopped on Sat a.m. while we were sorting it and offered to take it all for £90 — after I didn't jump at their £100 offer.
I don't know where they were intending to take it, but I bet it wouldn't be a legal tip...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 03, 2020, 03:18:47 PM
While it's true the news media are looking for more lively stories than straight pandemic regulations and stats, there are plenty of reports of drunken fights, damage and litter to resorts and country areas, and general hooligan behaviour.
It's almost like the British are trying to replicate their antics usually reserved for Benidorm, Ibiza, Magaluf, etc...

That appears to be the consensus locally, although tourists have caused a few problems here in recent years, this year it appears all the hooligans that usually go to Spain have infested British coastal areas instead.
There is little sign of the usual tourists at all.

patman post

While it's true the news media are looking for more lively stories than straight pandemic regulations and stats, there are plenty of reports of drunken fights, damage and litter to resorts and country areas, and general hooligan behaviour.
It's almost like the British are trying to replicate their antics usually reserved for Benidorm, Ibiza, Magaluf, etc...

papasmurf

No. They're pikeys...

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2020, 11:34:08 AM

The hooligan element parks/camps where it is banned. Craps everywhere, leaves mountains of rubbish ...

No. They're pikeys...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>