Lawsuit filed to dissolve NRA

Started by patman post, August 08, 2020, 05:53:10 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

I know we have a problem with illegal gun ownership and use here, but isn't that partly as a result of liberal gun laws in other countries such as USA and Russia?  We have a sort of 'gun culture in exile' here, partly as a leftover from the British obsession with the Wild West and Cowboys and Indians in the 1950's and 1960's.  If other countries had stricter gun laws, that would have an effect here. 

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on September 08, 2020, 11:26:24 AM
At the moment we're getting used to always wearing a mask when we go out. Now, that seems a good idea at the moment but I look forward to a time when that won't be necessary any more.

But could we be facing a future where we'd need to getting used to being accompanied by a lawyer every time we go out?

By the way I'm in favour of strict gun controls in all countries. I believe this should become an international issue. Then frustrated gunheads in the UK or other countries with strict controls wouldn't be encouraged by USA-envy or Russia-envy any more.

Of course, i'm sure the criminals that shoot up the streets on a depressingly regular basis wiothout any need to burgle any of the vanishingly small number of legal firearms holders will be delighted to comply with your stricter gun control laws.

Now, before this goes off the rails, I've said several times that when three burglars were caught in the act in my back garden and chose to fight me instead of running off, after I smacked the first with whatever garden implement came to hand and asked at a pretty high volume whether the other two wanted some .... they legged it leaving their down and out ringleader bleeding on my patio. Has this been the US I suspect all 3 would be carrying automatic weapons and I'd only have been able to plug one before one of the others blew me away, so I'm not exactly in favour of liberal gun laws either, but i do wish the snowflakes would cut the bullshit in regard to what they achieved. because the fact is they achieved absolutely sod all. As a cursory glance at today's news will prove.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

HDQQ

At the moment we're getting used to always wearing a mask when we go out. Now, that seems a good idea at the moment but I look forward to a time when that won't be necessary any more.

But could we be facing a future where we'd need to getting used to being accompanied by a lawyer every time we go out?

By the way I'm in favour of strict gun controls in all countries. I believe this should become an international issue. Then frustrated gunheads in the UK or other countries with strict controls wouldn't be encouraged by USA-envy or Russia-envy any more.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 15, 2020, 11:08:54 AM
Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2020, 05:52:54 PM
You are still missing the point. Most of the elected representatives do rely on the gun nut vote.

well perhaps it is time they depended on something else ...
They are, the deep state panicking.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2020, 05:52:54 PM
You are still missing the point. Most of the elected representatives do rely on the gun nut vote.

well perhaps it is time they depended on something else ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

There is no gun control in the US. If I wanted to buy a gun I could go to Cabelas and show my drivers license and fill in all forms. Or I just go to a gun rally and give the guy the cash with no questions asked. This is not control.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 13, 2020, 05:20:51 PM

Lettie James is a Democrat running for office in a Democrat city. She does not need the red neck gun nut vote.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2020, 04:48:47 PM
Quote from: Borchester on August 13, 2020, 04:45:07 PM

Depends. Our Lettie wants to be Mayor of New York and win or lose, the court case wll keep her in the public eye until the elections in November 2021

So what? (Seriously.) The many millions of red neck gun nuts vote for people who are against gun control.

Lettie James is a Democrat running for office in a Democrat city. She does not need the red neck gun nut vote.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 13, 2020, 04:45:07 PM

Depends. Our Lettie wants to be Mayor of New York and win or lose, the court case wll keep her in the public eye until the elections in November 2021

So what? (Seriously.) The many millions of red neck gun nuts vote for people who are against gun control.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2020, 04:17:21 PM
Quote from: Borchester on August 13, 2020, 04:03:46 PM
So unless they have the NRA to fight their corner, many American gun owners will find themselves facing increasing anti gun legislation.

I don't see why, anyone proposing anti-gun legislation still won't get very far.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 13, 2020, 04:03:46 PM
So unless they have the NRA to fight their corner, many American gun owners will find themselves facing increasing anti gun legislation.

I don't see why, anyone proposing anti-gun legislation still won't get very far.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2020, 03:51:06 PM
Quote from: Borchester on August 13, 2020, 03:30:35 PM

The NRA's senior management are being accused of fiddling their expenses on a heroic scale, which is apparently illegal in the US. However, our Letitia is pushing the envelope and demanding that the organisation be disbanded.

If it is disbanded it will not effect the right to gun ownership under the Constitution.

Well yes and no.

The American will still have the right to bear arms. But unless we send Deppity Dawg over there to sort them out, I doubt that many of them can be classed as a well regulated militia. So unless they have the NRA to fight their corner, many American gun owners will find themselves facing increasing anti gun legislation.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 13, 2020, 03:30:35 PM

The NRA's senior management are being accused of fiddling their expenses on a heroic scale, which is apparently illegal in the US. However, our Letitia is pushing the envelope and demanding that the organisation be disbanded.

If it is disbanded it will not effect the right to gun ownership under the Constitution.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2020, 01:00:16 PM
Quote from: Borchester on August 13, 2020, 11:33:27 AM
Letitia James is a Democrat party politician who wants to be Mayor of New York and she is currently pursuing the NRA for having its hand in the till. The latter is on the ropes for being generally cack handed, but with the BLM running amoke and demanding the abolition of the police, I can't see the Yanks giving up their guns easily.

The financial impropriety of the NRA is not related to gun control.

That depends on your point of view.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 13, 2020, 11:33:27 AM
Letitia James is a Democrat party politician who wants to be Mayor of New York and she is currently pursuing the NRA for having its hand in the till. The latter is on the ropes for being generally cack handed, but with the BLM running amoke and demanding the abolition of the police, I can't see the Yanks giving up their guns easily.

The financial impropriety of the NRA is not related to gun control.