Main Menu

Spot On

Started by Nick, August 17, 2020, 08:56:44 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 07:59:52 PM
Quote from: Nalaar on August 18, 2020, 04:16:48 PM
Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 04:11:48 PMWe know Covid isn't in the area, that was in the OP, you are just going in a big circle   

Incorrect, you don't know until you test. Covid could be spreading in a community and you might not know until weeks later.

So if the local hospitals / Doctors aren't reporting any cases and people aren't dropping down dead we don't know if the area is infected until we test?

I've not got it, I neither know nor care if I've had it. I've not been tested and testing me will show what exactly?
Which brings me to your point, again what good is any data that can be manipulated at will. For political or monetary reasons.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 19, 2020, 08:04:43 AMQuick Reply

Quote from: papasmurf on August 19, 2020, 08:04:43 AM
Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2020, 07:55:49 AM

You all keep saying test test test. What useful data do you get? You've not come up with anything yet.

How many people have Covid-19 or have had it. (It isn't rocket science.)

People who had the virus early doors though were not tested and (like self) will never be included in the numbers  . How many more that would be is a number we cant even guess . We were told that unless we were turning blue that we should stay at home ,save lives , protect the NHS .

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2020, 07:55:49 AM

You all keep saying test test test. What useful data do you get? You've not come up with anything yet.

How many people have Covid-19 or have had it. (It isn't rocket science.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: patman post on August 18, 2020, 11:33:10 PM
Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 07:59:52 PMI've not got it, I neither know nor care if I've had it. I've not been tested and testing me will show what exactly?
Until more is known, nobody can be sure. But testing and gathering information from as many people as possible will help to build up a picture of its contagion parameters and spread.
As has been said: for the many not the few...

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 07:59:52 PMI've not got it, I neither know nor care if I've had it. I've not been tested and testing me will show what exactly?
Until more is known, nobody can be sure. But testing and gathering information from as many people as possible will help to build up a picture of its contagion parameters and spread.
As has been said: for the many not the few...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 10:45:39 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 18, 2020, 10:36:42 PM
Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 04:11:48 PMWe know Covid isn't in the area, that was in the OP, you are just going in a big circle   

Incorrect, you don't know until you test. Covid could be spreading in a community and you might not know until weeks later.

So if the local hospitals / Doctors aren't reporting any cases and people aren't dropping down dead we don't know if the area is infected until we test?

I've not got it, I neither know nor care if I've had it. I've not been tested and testing me will show what exactly?
Well on the bright side, as you look over the precipice, a knight in shining armour will be along with a nice vaccine, you will have survived, but boy it is going to be tough for most.

I will survive, vaccine or no vaccine, same as most people.
But how much will most people take, when the excuses run out? I guess at some point there is going to be a real reckoning not a contrived one. Such as the one driven by the marxism lurking in the background.

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on August 18, 2020, 10:36:42 PM

Well on the bright side, as you look over the precipice, a knight in shining armour will be along with a nice vaccine, you will have survived, but boy it is going to be tough for most.

I will survive, vaccine or no vaccine, same as most people.

Sheepy

Nick

Nalaar

Don't believe everything you think.

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on August 18, 2020, 03:44:17 PMKnowing Covid isn't in your community

We know Covid isn't in the area, that was in the OP, you are just going in a big circle   

Again, what data does someone who has had it, not had it give us?

Borchester

Quote from: Nalaar on August 18, 2020, 03:44:17 PM
Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 03:31:35 PMSo using your analogy then, testing a group of Inuit's will give use useful data? Even though non could have been exposed to the virus! This will give you zero data to use.

Knowing Covid isn't in your community (especially if you are more isolated, and have less access to Critical Care facilities) is useful, the possibility of catch the virus early in such a community is also very valuable.

QuotePlease tell how knowing if someone had the virus weeks ago gives us any information.

Firstly is gives the person who is now immune peace of mind, and if they find that their friend group / workforce also had the virus and are now immune those numbers stack up quickly. Also the more data we have about the people who are symptomless etc, the better.

Maybe you were watching a different video to the rest of us. As far as I could gather the guy was saying that the government would continue testing until it got the answer it wanted. That might be the way to do things in your part of the world, but most of us think that is a bit naughty.
Algerie Francais !

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 03:31:35 PMSo using your analogy then, testing a group of Inuit's will give use useful data? Even though non could have been exposed to the virus! This will give you zero data to use.

Knowing Covid isn't in your community (especially if you are more isolated, and have less access to Critical Care facilities) is useful, the possibility of catch the virus early in such a community is also very valuable.

QuotePlease tell how knowing if someone had the virus weeks ago gives us any information.

Firstly is gives the person who is now immune peace of mind, and if they find that their friend group / workforce also had the virus and are now immune those numbers stack up quickly. Also the more data we have about the people who are symptomless etc, the better.
Don't believe everything you think.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 18, 2020, 03:36:03 PM
Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 03:31:35 PM

So using your analogy then, testing a group of Inuit's will give use useful data? Even though non could have been exposed to the virus! This will give you zero data to use.

Really?

https://www.arctictoday.com/inuit-over-represented-in-federal-prisons-covid-19-cases/

Inuit are over-represented among COVID-19 cases in Canada's federal prisons
"They were afraid, they were stressed, they were kept in isolation."

By Sarah Rogers, Nunatsiaq News -June 25, 2020813

If that's your idea a sensible debate, using inmates as reference, then you need to go and have a nap.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 03:31:35 PM

So using your analogy then, testing a group of Inuit's will give use useful data? Even though non could have been exposed to the virus! This will give you zero data to use.

Really?

https://www.arctictoday.com/inuit-over-represented-in-federal-prisons-covid-19-cases/

Inuit are over-represented among COVID-19 cases in Canada's federal prisons
"They were afraid, they were stressed, they were kept in isolation."

By Sarah Rogers, Nunatsiaq News -June 25, 2020813

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe