Normal (ish) service resumed for regular medical tests/checks.

Started by papasmurf, August 19, 2020, 02:26:06 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Bright Young Thing on August 21, 2020, 09:32:04 AMI have a proper indoor appointment on Monday afternoon, so obviously services up here are slowly returning to more normal.
Not surprising really as Russells Hall Hospital in Dudley now has 0 patients with Covid-19 so there's really no excuse. I heard that today there were no deaths in the UK reported in 24 hours, first time since the crisis got going.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Bright Young Thing on August 21, 2020, 10:04:30 AM
Our surgery put them all on hold, and suggested taking tablets instead .... err the actual point of the injections is your body doesn't absorb tablets  >:( >:( mine was done while i was sitting in my car in the middle of the car park - I absolutely had to get it but no privacy whatsever!!

Look on the bright side at least the injection was not in your backside. ;D
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Bright Young Thing

Our surgery put them all on hold, and suggested taking tablets instead .... err the actual point of the injections is your body doesn't absorb tablets  >:( >:( mine was done while i was sitting in my car in the middle of the car park - I absolutely had to get it but no privacy whatsever!!
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Bright Young Thing on August 21, 2020, 09:32:04 AM
I have to get a B12 injection every three months.

So does my wife, no hold ups delays or problems at all this year, other than injection given outside of the medical centre in portable facility dropped in the car-park.

Bright Young Thing

I have to get a B12 injection every three months. Last one was due 8 April and I finally got it 8 weeks late in Mid June, in a drive thru - sitting outside in the surgery car park. Phoned last week as its due again, I have a proper indoor appointment on Monday afternoon, so obviously services up here are slowly returning to more normal.
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

papasmurf

Just has a phone call from the local GP practice for me to make appointments for my regular medical tests/check. (Only two months late.)
One is going to be carried out via phone, (luckily I have my own test kit for that to give the readings. )  The other appointment  means an armful of blood and "fill this,"  "what from here," which are now carried out in a converted shipping container outside of the medical centre building, Covid-19 regulations to be observed. (They even wanted my car registration.)