What is the matter with Sadiq Khan?

Started by T00ts, September 04, 2020, 08:27:43 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

I have been inside the ring caused by the north and south circular roads exactly five times since Red Ken brought in the congestion charge. Twice to ride the London Eye, once for a job interview - a waste of time - and twice because the bloody plane I had to catch flew from Heathrow.

I avoid the place as if it were plague central.

These days it probably is.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

He is an idiot . Every one of his road schemes has slowed down traffic to the point that its a no go area for me .  I live on the fringes of metropolis soon to swallowed up its seems with another of his daft ideas ,the London development plan .

I used to love the buzz of  London , for me there was no place like it . Today its just a cesspool of over rated 'entertainment'  and  over priced  everything  . £6 a pint  just about kills any enjoyment that I once had in its few remaining historic pubs .

Of course its not the fault of businesses who have increasing costs to operate its the fault of saddo khunt  who thinks we are all going to buy pushbikes or pay £15 a day for the privilege of sitting in traffic then pay £30 a day to park .   

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on September 04, 2020, 09:45:49 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 04, 2020, 08:27:43 PM

Come on those still in the smoke - what's going on? Is the guy nuts or a genius?

Neither. Saddo is a dour lump who is blessed with opponents who are even worse.

The Mayor of London does not really have a lot to do other than run the transport system (which more or less runs itself) and the police (who are beyond reformation) and wait for a chance at running the Labour party.

What he should do is build a flower bridge and cross the Thames on a high wire and get drunk and tell Jewish reporters to become concentration camp guards and cheer us all up, but the great days of Johnson and Livingstone are gone.

Gosh that's depressing! Didn't he get extra time in the job or did I dream that? Is he up for re-election?

Borchester

Come on those still in the smoke - what's going on? Is the guy nuts or a genius?

Neither. Saddo is a dour lump who is blessed with opponents who are even worse.

The Mayor of London does not really have a lot to do other than run the transport system (which more or less runs itself) and the police (who are beyond reformation) and wait for a chance at running the Labour party.

What he should do is build a flower bridge and cross the Thames on a high wire and get drunk and tell Jewish reporters to become concentration camp guards and cheer us all up, but the great days of Johnson and Livingstone are gone.

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on September 04, 2020, 08:42:50 PM
I'm an escaped Londoner but what is the Mayor really up to. Are the cycle lanes with attached bollards causing the problems reported? Are Emergency vehicles held back from attending incidents? Is the traffic brought to a standstill more than usual while cycle lanes are empty? He seemed to almost kill off public transport in the thick of the pandemic, London is apparently starving for lack of workers and tourists yet he is apparently anti a return to work.

Fair chance he is completely barking and is power mad, but then I was driving today and a new widened pavement was being made, called a Covid pavement.

Perhaps the larger pavements are to give the demonstrators a footpath!

Sheepy

I'm an escaped Londoner but what is the Mayor really up to. Are the cycle lanes with attached bollards causing the problems reported? Are Emergency vehicles held back from attending incidents? Is the traffic brought to a standstill more than usual while cycle lanes are empty? He seemed to almost kill off public transport in the thick of the pandemic, London is apparently starving for lack of workers and tourists yet he is apparently anti a return to work.

Fair chance he is completely barking and is power mad, but then I was driving today and a new widened pavement was being made, called a Covid pavement.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts