Barnier done!

Started by T00ts, September 05, 2020, 09:23:24 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on September 10, 2020, 09:38:10 AMThat is about it.

The trouble with all Gerry's scenarios is that all seem to start from the assumption that Ulster is important and that anyone who counts gives a toss about the place. It ain't and they don't but there you are.

Thats why USA has said no trade deal for the UK if the GFA is broken. That's why the WA had front and central the NI issue. Your sentence should say anyone in the UK that counts doesn't give a toss, or spiff up the wall as your great leader would say, in company and on TV, class act. Outside the UK, a very different thing.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on September 10, 2020, 09:18:05 AMI appreciate how desperate you are for the IRA to come to your rescue and fight for the EU.
But they won't.
They have never liked the EU either.

So if you wish to declare war on the UK, you will have to start your own EU army.
And we'll do the same to them as we did the IRA.
There you go talking war, again, boring. It's peoples lives we are talking about, NI is in the position it finds itself in because of UK partitioning and interfering in another country. The least it can do is treat people in the region equally and with respect, any deaths caused by brexit is totally on the UK.

IRL doesn't need rescuing, we're doing great at the moment thanks very much, Covid is the only battle worth fighting

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 10, 2020, 09:38:10 AM

The trouble with all Gerry's scenarios is that all seem to start from the assumption that Ulster is important and that anyone who counts gives a toss about the place. It ain't and they don't but there you are.

The "Irish Problem" and the peace agreement, were always going to be a massive problems and I stated that before the referendum.
It was and is not a minor problem.
A united Ireland would (in theory,) solve the problem. But there is a much chance of that as me having a threesome with Alice Roberts and Liz Bonnin.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Baff on September 09, 2020, 08:52:51 PM
No. iI am saying that is a load of abject bollocks.

So I don't care.

If the EU tell S Ireland to build a fence along it's border, S Ireland will tell them to f**k off.
End of story.

That is my expected result.

If the EU tells S Ireland it must quit the GFA or quit the EU, who knows what S Ireland will do?
I don't.

And if they do and the IRA start attacking them every day...
So what?
I  just don't believe in these moronic scenario's and even if I did, they just aren't my problem.

That is about it.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on September 10, 2020, 09:18:05 AM

I appreciate how desperate you are for the IRA to come to your rescue and fight for the EU.

It isn't case of rescue, the worry is a reforming of the IRA due to provocation from Bojo-The -Clown
Those weapons "put beyond use," could be dug back up:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsQk9CpmUHo
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on September 09, 2020, 10:47:25 PM
Quote from: Baff on September 09, 2020, 08:52:51 PMNo. iI am saying that is a load of abject bollocks.

So I don't care.

If the EU tell S Ireland to build a fence along it's border, S Ireland will tell them to f**k off.
End of story.

If the EU tells S Ireland it must quit the GFA or quit the EU, who knows what S Ireland will do?
I don't.

So what?
I  just don't believe in these moronic scenario's and even if I did, they just aren't my problem.
IRL is the EU, baffling how you still don't get it. IRL=EU=IRL. We are in a customs union and 3rd countries outside that have a border with the EU, end of. The WA allowed NI to not have a border and that was in line with the GFA, which the UK is a party.
Now if the UK follows through on recent legislation changes NI will no longer have that privileged position and a border will have to be erected. This will be totally on the UK for doing what they did, effectively breaking international law. I know for certainty what ROI will do and that's remain in the EU, the past couple of yrs watching what's happening in the UK and the disarray that's going on has hardened peoples belief in the union. Sadly the UK "union" is looking more and more like breaking apart.
If the IRA or Unionist equivalent does restart then gain thats totally on the UK and many countries around the world wil remember that for a long time. The vehicle and catalyst that brought peace was the great work from a number of people and the GFA. And when you say "attacking them"  it will unfortunately be the people of NI, these are british citizens, but as you say, so what ?

I appreciate how desperate you are for the IRA to come to your rescue and fight for the EU.
But they won't.
They have never liked the EU either.

So if you wish to declare war on the UK, you will have to start your own EU army.
And we'll do the same to them as we did the IRA.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 09, 2020, 10:26:08 PMSorry Gerry, I can't read that, it doesn't make sense.

Johnson is a liar
He signed the WA to win an election and felt he could just ignore it.
The NI issue was caused by the UK triggering brexit without figuring out how to fix the GFA issue it created
Years later and the UK still hasn't tried to address and resolve the problem.
The WA fixed the issue, but true to form Johnson has abandoned that and the problem persists.
Johnson and co blames the EU, it's all the EU fault, them bullies, telling us what to do...bla bla bla, evil EU. I'm a great chap.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on September 09, 2020, 08:52:51 PMNo. iI am saying that is a load of abject bollocks.

So I don't care.

End of story.

I don't.

So what?
IRL is the EU, baffling how you still don't get it. IRL=EU=IRL. We are in a customs union and 3rd countries outside that have a border with the EU, end of. The WA allowed NI to not have a border and that was in line with the GFA, which the UK is a party.
Now if the UK follows through on recent legislation changes NI will no longer have that privileged position and a border will have to be erected. This will be totally on the UK for doing what they did, effectively breaking international law. I know for certainty what ROI will do and that's remain in the EU, the past couple of yrs watching what's happening in the UK and the disarray that's going on has hardened peoples belief in the union. Sadly the UK "union" is looking more and more like breaking apart.
If the IRA or Unionist equivalent does restart then gain thats totally on the UK and many countries around the world wil remember that for a long time. The vehicle and catalyst that brought peace was the great work from a number of people and the GFA. And when you say "attacking them"  it will unfortunately be the people of NI, these are british citizens, but as you say, so what ?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 09, 2020, 07:05:23 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 09, 2020, 06:11:44 PMAnother statement that you cannot substantiate.

If its another statement then give me the last one.

The only conclusion you can draw from a man that is a convicted liar, has lost man a job for lying. He signed the WE and within months is bringing in UK legislation allowing the UK to breach it's agreement. There is no other conclusion you can draw. He lied to "get brexit done" and had no intention of following the WA, which put a border in the Irish sea.
If you recall the UK was saying there were the magical cameras and technology used all over the world, that ploy failed. Then he would put a border inside NI, oops that wouldn't work either, then they would just let some smuggling happen and ignor the issue, ouch anoter bad idea. The problem around NI was a UK created issue and the EU always said it was a UK problem to solve. Without a WA signed the EU wouldn't negioate a trade deal, that the liar had told everyone was oven ready and the easiest trade deal in history. SO again  it transpired he lied to get it signed, and was too stupid to realise it would catch up with him within months

Sorry Gerry, I can't read that, it doesn't make sense.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Baff

No. iI am saying that is a load of abject bollocks.

So I don't care.

If the EU tell S Ireland to build a fence along it's border, S Ireland will tell them to F@@@ off.
End of story.

I don't.

So what?

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on September 09, 2020, 07:44:19 PMYeah, the EU consider at a problem.
But we don't.

They say it is our problem to solve. But it's only them who have one.
So we don't really care.

Hence they are squealing and we are not.
So what your saying a deal the UK signed 8 months ago and are today breaking is a country that we can trust if a trade deal is struck in the coming weeks. Sure the UK will break that to suit what they want in 8 months from now.
The UK has seen its span of control around the world shrink as the empire ceased to exist. It's military might has also shrunk but all that time the UK's word could be trusted, it now seems that is lost, a very sad day for the UK, is brexit worth that.
This could be a turning point, will countries ready to sign trade deals with the UK have a different view of this new rouge UK

Baff

Yeah, the EU consider at a problem.
But we don't.

They say it is our problem to solve. But it's only them who have one.
So we don't really care.

Hence they are squealing and we are not.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 09, 2020, 06:11:44 PMAnother statement that you cannot substantiate.

If its another statement then give me the last one.

The only conclusion you can draw from a man that is a convicted liar, has lost man a job for lying. He signed the WE and within months is bringing in UK legislation allowing the UK to breach it's agreement. There is no other conclusion you can draw. He lied to "get brexit done" and had no intention of following the WA, which put a border in the Irish sea.
If you recall the UK was saying there were the magical cameras and technology used all over the world, that ploy failed. Then he would put a border inside NI, oops that wouldn't work either, then they would just let some smuggling happen and ignor the issue, ouch anoter bad idea. The problem around NI was a UK created issue and the EU always said it was a UK problem to solve. Without a WA signed the EU wouldn't negioate a trade deal, that the liar had told everyone was oven ready and the easiest trade deal in history. SO again  it transpired he lied to get it signed, and was too stupid to realise it would catch up with him within months

Borchester

Quote from: Baff on September 09, 2020, 03:46:43 PM
Correct.
We will interpret the WA as we please and if the EU does not like it, it may withdraw from the WA.

That is right
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 09, 2020, 03:37:30 PMThe truth is the UK were acting in bad faith, Johnson had no intention of fulfilling their obligations

Another statement that you cannot substantiate.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.