FT: Bojo to override WA

Started by Dynamis, September 07, 2020, 04:20:38 AM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 07, 2020, 04:41:48 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 07, 2020, 04:04:14 PMIt is indeed, because everyone was told clearly this was a full and final decision, I don't care what you suspect. Although of course afterwards you all made out you didn't understand what you were clearly told, so we have spent 5 years explaining it time and time again.
So democracy means that whatever the executive says immediately becomes the unalterable law of the land?

I mean, this is exactly what the current Leave government, cheered on by people like you, are trying to achieve by putting the word of the executive above that of parliament or the judiciary and casting all dissent against them as treachery.

The age old aims of the power crazed . We witnessed its effects on the last parliament . I hope Cameron, didn't realise what he had actually let loose. Maybe he did. Nothing has called our democratic process, and the workings and supremacy of parliamentary  rights into question In this way for a very long time, and they haven't done yet.
It was supposed to be the EU that was in question. Yet our own process has found itself the next in line for criticism from in the main the same people.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 07, 2020, 03:56:28 PM
Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 07, 2020, 03:33:57 PM

If you have a problem with those, i suspect those who gave their lives for those very things would have a problem with you.

Precisely. The Tories are in the process of criminalising legitimate dissent.

tory bad.

Troll.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Protest and campaigning against a decision you disagree with is the very essence of democracy.

sure , but you have been protesting about a result that hasnt been implemented yet , going on four years or more.  The uk has only one foot out the door .

QuoteThe supremacy of our parliament above the executive is a core part of our democracy.

The supremacy of the voter holding that parliament to account is a core part of democracy. As you found out last december...

If you have a problem with those, i suspect those who gave their lives for those very things would have a problem with you.

its you who clearly has a problem with democracy beelbeeb.

You know what to do..........once the result is implemented in full........start a new campaign to re join the eu post december.

See if you can get enough votes at the next general election unlike the last time .

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Stevlin

Quote from: Dynamis on September 07, 2020, 09:08:03 AM

There is a damn good reason why this is the case. Those expecting deviation from that precedent need to be committed to an asylum.

Every parliament has in some way or another done this IMHO.

Really? - well then, you should be able to cite when the UK Parliament last 'tied the hands' of a future UK Parliament, and thereby support your contention for a change!!

Sheepy

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 07, 2020, 04:52:15 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 07, 2020, 04:44:35 PMPeople like me, no you mean people like you. Who cannot get their thick heads around you lost, and in some little part of your tiny mind you can still win, no you can't it is full and final, and I kid you not.
Yes, people like you.

Answer me these questions:
Who should be the supreme legislative body in the UK, Parliament or the Executive?
Should the Executive be subject the the law?
Should groups be allowed to protest within the law and use legal means to press their case?
No you fecking cannot, because democracy has spoken, several times. If you and the EU want it the hard way be my guest and see if I give a feck.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Sheepy on September 07, 2020, 04:44:35 PMPeople like me, no you mean people like you. Who cannot get their thick heads around you lost, and in some little part of your tiny mind you can still win, no you can't it is full and final, and I kid you not.
Yes, people like you.

Answer me these questions:
Who should be the supreme legislative body in the UK, Parliament or the Executive?
Should the Executive be subject the the law?
Should groups be allowed to protest within the law and use legal means to press their case?

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Baff on September 07, 2020, 04:00:49 PM
The supremacy of the people is the essence of democracy.
Not the executive and not the parliament.

The supremacy of a parliament over the people is known as "oligarchy".

And who speaks for "the people"?

Do we have to ask "the people" every single time the government makes a decision?

Widening the A417?  Referendum
Increasing the insulation requirements of refurbished buildings over 3 stories? Referendum
Changing bin collections from Tuesday to Wednesday? referendum

Sheepy

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 07, 2020, 04:41:48 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 07, 2020, 04:04:14 PMIt is indeed, because everyone was told clearly this was a full and final decision, I don't care what you suspect. Although of course afterwards you all made out you didn't understand what you were clearly told, so we have spent 5 years explaining it time and time again.
So democracy means that whatever the executive says immediately becomes the unalterable law of the land?

I mean, this is exactly what the current Leave government, cheered on by people like you, are trying to achieve by putting the word of the executive above that of parliament or the judiciary and casting all dissent against them as treachery.
People like me, no you mean people like you. Who cannot get their thick heads around you lost, and in some little part of your tiny mind you can still win, no you can't it is full and final, and I kid you not.

BeElBeeBub

Sheepy

Quote from: Sheepy on September 07, 2020, 03:14:41 PMdon't be sorry about it, you have spent 5 years spitting in the face of democracy, which just meant you get taught another lesson in democracy. Which you are about to get another.
Protest and campaigning against a decision you disagree with is the very essence of democracy.

The supremacy of our parliament above the executive is a core part of our democracy.

It is indeed, because everyone was told clearly this was a full and final decision, I don't care what you suspect. Although of course afterwards you all made out you didn't understand what you were clearly told, so we have spent 5 years explaining it time and time again.

Baff

The supremacy of the people is the essence of democracy.
Not the executive and not the parliament.

The supremacy of a parliament over the people is known as "oligarchy".

papasmurf

Precisely. The Tories are in the process of criminalising legitimate dissent.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Sheepy on September 07, 2020, 03:14:41 PMdon't be sorry about it, you have spent 5 years spitting in the face of democracy, which just meant you get taught another lesson in democracy. Which you are about to get another.

The supremacy of our parliament above the executive is a core part of our democracy.

Sheepy

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 07, 2020, 03:12:58 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 07, 2020, 03:04:15 PMFeck the EU and feck everyone who spits on the graves of all those who gave their lives for democracy.
sorry, are you saying that being anti breixt is the same as spitting on the graves of "all those who gave their lives for democracy"?
don't be sorry about it, you have spent 5 years spitting in the face of democracy, which just meant you get taught another lesson in democracy. Which you are about to get another.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Sheepy on September 07, 2020, 03:04:15 PMFeck the EU and feck everyone who spits on the graves of all those who gave their lives for democracy.
sorry, are you saying that being anti breixt is the same as spitting on the graves of "all those who gave their lives for democracy"?