The Brexit Party campaign launch

Started by Barry, November 01, 2019, 11:21:08 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=3817 time=1572854477 user_id=75
I mean he personally isn't running.

You have all been shown how it is done,at the EU elections,don't split the vote,or you will end up with a decade of this nonsense.You have a majority for Brexit don't waste it this time.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Ciaphas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3816 time=1572854345 user_id=89
It appears that he is, (If he fields 600 candidates.)

I mean he personally isn't running.

papasmurf

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=3814 time=1572853900 user_id=75
Mr Farage isn't running in the general election.

It appears that he is, (If he fields 600 candidates.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Ciaphas

Mr Farage isn't running in the general election.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=3809 time=1572850555 user_id=63
Bullshit. Go on papa, knock yourself out.

And to serve up your own favourite right back at you ....

"Link, Please"

I can't comment how I would like to about ANY politician during a General Election campaign.

If you or anyone else doesn't understand that, that really is not my problem.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3437 time=1572610579 user_id=89
Unfortunately due to the election campaign being underway I can't comment how I would like to about Farage.

Bullshit. Go on papa, knock yourself out.

And to serve up your own favourite right back at you ....

"Link, Please"
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Ciaphas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3637 time=1572717204 user_id=89
Actually it isn't I am frankly shocked at people on here being blissfully unaware about the requirement to curb comments about individual politicians during a general election campaign.

Looking around the only guidance relates to civil servants although James O'Brien mentioned it also applies to radio but not print media. I can't find anything to substantiate this but presumably it's the case otherwise he wouldn't follow it.

Bizzare inconsistency

Borchester

Actually it isn't I am frankly shocked at people on here being blissfully unaware about the requirement to curb comments about individual politicians during a general election campaign.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Apart from the 50 members of this forum, I doubt anyone else gives a monkey's cuss.

What I have noticed is that Farage has tried to get the Tory party to come to their assistance, because they know without them standing down in a few Labour leave seats, they haven't got a chance under the FPTP system. They are likely to get the same number of parliamentary seats as UKIP did at the height of their success. How many was that?  :fpigs:
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=3633 time=1572716174 user_id=84
What a ridiculous and irrelevant statement!

Major Sinic

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3437 time=1572610579 user_id=89
Unfortunately due to the election campaign being underway I can't comment how I would like to about Farage.

What a ridiculous and irrelevant statement!

Not surprising when one realises who made it I wish I could say I am pleased to see you on this forum, but lying doesn't come naturally to me. I thought I had heard the last of you when you were permanently banned from the previous and now defunct Politics forum. I celebrated the wisdom of that decision.

I realised it was your sorry self with your  sweeping attack on all Tories, because a couple of Tories failed to understand that the mis-coloured lime green bile coloured tie was meant to give the cynical Corbyn some compassion brownie points in connection with the Grenfell disaster, Shame the colour blind underling sent to buy the vomit-inducing tie, failed on two counts; its colour and Corbyn;s obvious motive in  wearing it.

Major Sinic

Quote from: Javert post_id=3467 time=1572625477 user_id=64
Well from what I can see, he did exactly what I expected him to do - claim he is going to stand in all the seats but give hints that he might change his mind later if the Conservatives say no deal, which they won't.

It may seem obvious that the Brexit party should stand aside to facilitate a Tory victory.  However, I suspect that you have to also think forward to 2020 and beyond - if Boris Johnson gets a large majority in the HOC and the Brexit party is neutralised for the forseeable future, I would place a pretty big bet that Boris will betray the Brexiteers next Autumn, extend the transition again and go for a softer Brexit.  Boris Johnson doesn't really believe in hard Brexit or no deal Brexit except insofar as it provides his path to 5 years of power.  Other than that, he won't hesitate to throw it aside later if he gets the chance.

What complete nonsense! You don't know what Boris believes or doesn't believe and have no grounds other than your own jaundiced view to suggest such an illogical and politically self-mutilating course of action. Despite all the pseudo liberal non-democrats and the metropolitan media trolls accusations that he was lying when he asserted he was seeking a deal, Boris defied all the odds and was successful in reopening the WA and securing a deal.

By political sleight of hand and a partisan Speaker, the Surrender Act put him into the unenviable position of not being able to follow through on his undertaking of leaving on the 31st October,despite the fact he had secured a deal. Once again the Opposition Parties started to follow the same policy of kicking the can down the road with the sole intent of never agreeing a deal, even if it guaranteed all the manna in heaven. Any dishonest policy, false statement and underhand tactic was acceptable for the Remain opposition parties to subvert the democratic will of the people.

This was a disaster to Remainers, such as you, who desperately wanted to reverse the nations majority electoral decision to leave the EU, since it could only contribute to growing his stature as a politician and therefore make him and his resolute Leave views even more electable. Solution? revert to to the same handbook of dirty tricks and start the fear mongering again. Go for a further transition and negotiate a softer Brexit! He may be happy to play the same dirty tricks games as the Opposition Parties but he is not politically suicidal.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=3464 time=1572624928 user_id=62
Bit late for that Pappy. Obviously we are your mates and will try to shield you but how long will Derek Thomas' goons take to track down a 70 year old Tory hating motor cycle nut in St Ives?

He is more than aware of my opinion of him which I cannot repeat during a general election campaign. (Also I don't live in St. Ives.)

Any goons sent out to harm me, (and it does happen,) tend to come off worse.

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=3455 time=1572623175 user_id=70
Strange response. I would have thought that now the election date is set and campaigns launching, now is just the time to air one's views on parties, party leaders, and candidates...

Not strange at all, I cannot due to it now being a general election campaign, comment how I would like too about Farage or any other politician.