Started by Dynamis, September 15, 2020, 02:09:24 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 22, 2020, 07:43:29 AM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 22, 2020, 07:21:13 AM
Quote from: johnofgwent on September 18, 2020, 06:28:12 PM
Quote from: Baff on September 18, 2020, 05:03:17 PM
Pragmatism suggests that...
The rest of us should obey any law that can be enforced on us by a superior force.

The operative word is not "can"

The operative word is "will"

What do you think would happen if a load of white blokes threw the statue of terrorist murderer Nelson Mandela into the Thames.

And why did that not happen with a load of blacks threw a stature of Eedward Colston in the Avon

The difference between those two demonstrates that Lammy is absolutey right, the police are indeed institutionally racist.

"terrorist murderer"? And I suppose the apartheid administration was blameless and benign vis a vis Mandela and the SACP? Insane argument, it's the same as those woke types saying everyone's racist.

Yes you heard me. Terrorist murderer. You wish to tell me he did not lead a terrorist organisation or are you going to.tell me the deaths he and his wife orchestrated were necessary.

Or are yiu going to.use the BLM blackwash strategy and deny he was involved in such acts because he was not white....

NOTA.

Simply going to reiterate what I said but with some added links.

https://www.history.com/.amp/news/apartheid-policies-photos-nelson-mandela

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/20/south-africa-weird-sinister-apartheid-mercenary-saimr-keith-maxwell

Not really sure what there is to dispute, would you also argue that the brit state and loyalist paramilitaries were good and benign in NI and only the IRA were 'terrorist murderers'. I'm guessing probably yes.
+++

johnofgwent

Quote from: Dynamis on September 22, 2020, 07:21:13 AM
The rest of us should obey any law that can be enforced on us by a superior force.

What do you think would happen if a load of white blokes threw the statue of terrorist murderer Nelson Mandela into the Thames.

And why did that not happen with a load of blacks threw a stature of Eedward Colston in the Avon

The difference between those two demonstrates that Lammy is absolutey right, the police are indeed institutionally racist.

"terrorist murderer"? And I suppose the apartheid administration was blameless and benign vis a vis Mandela and the SACP? Insane argument, it's the same as those woke types saying everyone's racist.

Yes you heard me. Terrorist murderer. You wish to tell me he did not lead a terrorist organisation or are you going to.tell me the deaths he and his wife orchestrated were necessary.

Or are yiu going to.use the BLM blackwash strategy and deny he was involved in such acts because he was not white....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borg Refinery

+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: HDQQ on September 20, 2020, 09:13:46 AM
Cases are rising alarmingly - there have been over 4000 new cases reported on each of the last 2 days. We're now looking at another lockdown.

Yesterday about 1000 idiots took part in an anti-lockdown protest in London. I hope politicians and the media realise that this minority of crackpots has the arena to themselves, since people who are in favour of lockdown, masks and other precautions are not exactly going to take to the streets in mass demonstrations.  There's a danger therefore of the anti-lockdown demonstrators having disproportionate influence.  This must not be allowed to happen.

Well if Bojo can break intl law, and Cummings and others can break domestic law whenever they feel like it, are you really surprised that 'covidiots' are going to start going nuts?

Not sure why you're hijacking the thread with this btw, other threads are more suited to discussing that, unless you're now defending the govt's conduct?
+++

Thomas

Opps , looks like another drive past post from quackers with no intent to debate!

Why am i not surprised? :)
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Cases are rising alarmingly - there have been over 4000 new cases reported on each of the last 2 days. We're now looking at another lockdown.

Yesterday about 1000 idiots took part in an anti-lockdown protest in London. I hope politicians and the media realise that this minority of crackpots has the arena to themselves, since people who are in favour of lockdown, masks and other precautions are not exactly going to take to the streets in mass demonstrations.  There's a danger therefore of the anti-lockdown demonstrators having disproportionate influence.  This must not be allowed to happen.

Whats your solution quackers?

Lock the world down forever?

Wash your hands and hope the virus goes away?

Governments in all countires are doing a good job in difficult circumstances. No i dont want another lockdown.

I  would imagine the popualtion at large eventually will start rebelling if the governments keep locking everyone down.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

You might be. I won't be cooperating as there is virtually no one around here in the SE of England with the virus.
Boris knows people have had enough of the mixed messages and all this rule of 6 which is NOT "based on the science".
You, Quackers, have always failed to take into account the silent majority who want to get back to work, get back to normal life, along with all its risks.
† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on September 18, 2020, 06:42:14 PM

..Payment can be arranged in Cornish pasties instead. :)

I take payment via express seagull or expedited duck-livery.

That is only about three pasties.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2020, 06:35:33 PM
Quote from: HDQQ on September 18, 2020, 06:33:13 PM

Before I provide an answer to this question I wish to point out that there will be an administration fee of £14.50 for my provision of an answer.

Only £14.50?

..Payment can be arranged in Cornish pasties instead. :)

I take payment via express seagull or expedited duck-livery.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on September 18, 2020, 06:33:13 PM

Before I provide an answer to this question I wish to point out that there will be an administration fee of £14.50 for my provision of an answer.

Only £14.50?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HDQQ

Quote from: Dynamis on September 15, 2020, 02:09:24 PM
"if the government does not have to obey the rule of law why should the rest of us?"

Saw someone else pose that question...

Answers on that back of a postcard please.

8)
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Baff

Quote from: Dynamis on September 15, 2020, 02:09:24 PM
"if the government does not have to obey the rule of law why should the rest of us?"

Saw someone else pose that question...

Answers on that back of a postcard please.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nalaar on September 16, 2020, 07:10:33 PM
If you want to break a law then you should do so whether or not someone else is also breaking it. The actions of another should not be a deciding factor in your actions.

It was when Rosa Parks decided to break the law (I know I'm comparing her to Cummings & Bojo which is z disgusting reversal of the script..butthe point stands).

Just saying.
+++