Deutschland Uber Alles !

Started by Borchester, September 18, 2020, 09:53:20 AM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2020, 09:01:28 AMIt's not that foxes are vermin but they are wild and I can't help but feel that to encourage a wild animal to trust humans is not good for them. Not all humans would prove trustworthy.

Well bloody Borchester isn't! If it gets mixed up with him, it'll be down the cons club, slamming domino's and drinking gin before you can say "vermin"

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2020, 09:01:28 AM
It's not that foxes are vermin but they are wild and I can't help but feel that to encourage a wild animal to trust humans is not good for them. Not all humans would prove trustworthy.

Foxes have keen instincts and will run away from twots and threats, basically human vermin. I think folks that do that to animals are awful.

Quote from: Borchester on September 19, 2020, 02:02:36 PM
It's not that foxes are vermin but they are wild and I can't help but feel that to encourage a wild animal to trust humans is not good for them. Not all humans would prove trustworthy.

Fortunately Toots, the locals are graceless bastards who don't trust anyone. They just pitch up, sneer, eat their rations and piss off.

I've edited that for you. ;D From what I remember that describes your part of the world well.

You contrast that with folks in south london (both the very urban and suburbsy 99.9% English bits) and people actually like and talk to each other. The reason why north londoners have it in for south londoners is because southers act vaguely human...when they're not savagely beating each other that is. ;D
+++

Borchester

Fortunately Toots, the local foxes are graceless bastards who don't trust anyone. They just pitch up, sneer, eat their rations and piss off.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 18, 2020, 11:14:52 AM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 18, 2020, 10:14:39 AM
Foxes are lovely creatures.

https://youtu.be/hgxJJoKrgf4

Crazy - but then I detect an American accent.

Impressive, the foxes do seem to have a Texan drawl.

And I hear they like aged cheeses, especially dorchester variety. :)
+++

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on September 18, 2020, 09:56:30 AM
Quote from: Borchester on September 18, 2020, 09:53:20 AM

Every day I put down some food for the foxes and every day they approach carefully, sniff, take a few mouthfuls and walk away for a few minutes before returning to have another go. And I thought ahha, they are being cautious, they don't want to over eat for fear that they won't be able run away. Ahha again! The wisdom of the wild!

And then I realised that it was because Co Op dog food is crap.

I read the ingredients on the label and saw that it was about 105% vegetables, which is no good for a hard working fox. So I sent my lad off to Aldi and got him to load up on their stuff and now the wildlife is tickled pink. Say what you like about the Huns. They may be all wimpish and touchy feelie these days, but they still know how to make dog food.

Why would you encourage foxes?

I don't encourage them, they just show up. It is like those folk who arrive on the doorstep unannounced. You might not like them overmuch but good manners means that you give them a dinner.

Talking of which, I have checked the cans and discovered that a 400 gram can only contains 300 kilocalories of energy, which is zilch for a hard working fox. To put this in some sort of perspective, the double cream that I put in my coffee contains five times as much. And most dog food is barely 4% meat.

We are producing a nation of vegan foxes! 
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Borg Refinery

+++

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on September 18, 2020, 09:53:20 AM

Every day I put down some food for the foxes and every day they approach carefully, sniff, take a few mouthfuls and walk away for a few minutes before returning to have another go. And I thought ahha, they are being cautious, they don't want to over eat for fear that they won't be able run away. Ahha again! The wisdom of the wild!

I read the ingredients on the label and saw that it was about 105% vegetables, which is no good for a hard working fox. So I sent my lad off to Aldi and got him to load up on their stuff and now the wildlife is tickled pink. Say what you like about the Huns. They may be all wimpish and touchy feelie these days, but they still know how to make dog food.

Why would you encourage foxes?

Borchester

Algerie Francais !