EU Tells No 10: Bill Still Breaks Intl Law Despite Compromise

Started by Dynamis, September 19, 2020, 04:02:23 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

😆

If you're flying around the world all the time you can go further than the EU, get done by the lot of em', all the way back to Liverpool.

Kind of sounds like the UK..getting done over by the entire rest of the world.
+++

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2020, 11:21:34 PM
Quote from: Cor Blimey! on September 23, 2020, 11:14:11 PM
And I'm going to be in Europe until December. Gives us a chance to get to know each other.
We have an introduction section. I would kindly ask that you mosey on over and give us your life story. Your political leaning would be of great interest..
I will withhold my welcome until then 😉

Life story: Eat, work, sleep. (sorry for the brevity - I like to keep my life stories specific and limited)

Political Leaning: Hmm, hard to say. I'm a big admirer of Boris Johnson. I like to follow his example whenever I can. That's why my life story above is a lie.
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

Nick

And I'm going to be in Europe until December. Gives us a chance to get to know each other.

Where about's are you going to be? You could do the whole of the EU in three months!
If only we could follow your movements, that would be fantastic! Please keep us updated.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

We have an introduction section. I would kindly ask that you mosey on over and give us your life story. Your political leaning would be of great interest..
I will withhold my welcome until then 😉

Cor Blimey!

They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

Nick

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on September 23, 2020, 10:39:10 PM
Hi Nick,
I've just registered here. I noticed that the rules of this forum require that we don't violate international law in any way. I don't have any plans to do so, but I just wondered if it's okay to do it if we do it in a specific and limited way? Only asking you because  you're an administrator.

Well, my retort would be, why do you pretend to be in Canada when you're actually emanating from Dublin.
I could use my MI5 connections to track you down but frankly it would cost me too much in Armand de Brignac.

Cor Blimey!

Hi Nick,
I've just registered here. I noticed that the rules of this forum require that we don't violate international law in any way. I don't have any plans to do so, but I just wondered if it's okay to do it if we do it in a specific and limited way? Only asking you because  you're an administrator.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 23, 2020, 11:13:31 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2020, 07:27:04 AMGerry, you best work yet.

We are not a member of the EU, we got a trade deal with Japan because we asked JAPAN for a deal and we agreed one. All you%u2019ve done is post statements that match the description of VIA, none of which are true.

You%u2019re just making your self look a fool. As I stated before, it%u2019s pointless discussing with you.
Your confusing what I said. The UK has had a trade deal with Japan since the start of 2019. The UK has a promise of a trade deal in January direct with Japan. So It is true that today the UK trades with Japan via the trade deal the EU has with Japan.
In January the UK - Japan deal will come into force.
You do come out with some nonsense Nick.

This is what was said
You have a trade deal with Japan via the EU.

And that is totally correct. You have is present tense. 
When you actually sign a trade deal with Japan then you can say you have a deal with Japan, but at the moment it's only an agreement in principal

On 11 September the UK government announced it had reached a new trade agreement in principle with Japan.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47213842#:~:text=The%20UK%20has%20signed%20an,and%20services%20around%20the%20world.

Im not confusing anything, if the UK had a trade deal with Japan we wouldn't need to negotiate another.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2020, 07:27:04 AMGerry, you best work yet.

We are not a member of the EU, we got a trade deal with Japan because we asked JAPAN for a deal and we agreed one. All you%u2019ve done is post statements that match the description of VIA, none of which are true.

You%u2019re just making your self look a fool. As I stated before, it%u2019s pointless discussing with you.
Your confusing what I said. The UK has had a trade deal with Japan since the start of 2019. The UK has a promise of a trade deal in January direct with Japan. So It is true that today the UK trades with Japan via the trade deal the EU has with Japan.
In January the UK - Japan deal will come into force.
You do come out with some nonsense Nick.

This is what was said
You have a trade deal with Japan via the EU.

And that is totally correct. You have is present tense. 
When you actually sign a trade deal with Japan then you can say you have a deal with Japan, but at the moment it's only an agreement in principal

On 11 September the UK government announced it had reached a new trade agreement in principle with Japan.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47213842#:~:text=The%20UK%20has%20signed%20an,and%20services%20around%20the%20world.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 23, 2020, 09:23:40 AM
Nick, Gerry has a point, in that we are still trading with Japan under the EU trade deal until 31st December 2020 when the new improved deal with Japan starting on 1st Jan 2021.
This is because we have / have not left the EU. Transition...

Exactly, we are trading with Japan through the EU we don't have a DEAL through the EU. Very different and is not what Gerry said.

The EU has a deal with Japan by which members can trade. The members are not dealing, they are trading.

The UK now has a deal which was agreed and signed under its own volition. The EU was not involved at all in that deal.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 20, 2020, 04:44:21 PM
She also said this though Dyno...

We have not successfully rolled back the frontiers of the state in Britain, only to see them re-imposed at a European level with a European super-state exercising a new dominance from Brussels.

Working more closely together does not require power to be centralized in Brussels or decisions to be taken by an appointed bureaucracy.

The two things don't contradict each other.
+++

Barry

Nick, Gerry has a point, in that we are still trading with Japan under the EU trade deal until 31st December 2020 when the new improved deal with Japan starting on 1st Jan 2021.
This is because we have / have not left the EU. Transition...
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 23, 2020, 01:39:26 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2020, 06:14:35 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 22, 2020, 12:52:34 PMYou have a trade deal with Japan via the EU

So explain what you mean by via.

Dictionary

via
/ˈvʌɪə/
preposition
preposition: via
travelling through (a place) en route to a destination.
"they came to Europe via Turkey"
by way of; through.
"most people buy a home with a mortgage via a building society"
by means of.
"a file sent via electronic mail"

by way of; through.
You have a trade deal with Japan via the EU
You have a trade deal with Japan through the EU.....your membership of the EU gives you a trade deal with Japan
You have a trade deal with Japan by way of the EU....As your a member of the EU you get a trade deal with Japan

Gerry, you best work yet.

We are not a member of the EU, we got a trade deal with Japan because we asked JAPAN for a deal and we agreed one. All you've done is post statements that match the description of VIA, none of which are true.

You're just making your self look a fool. As I stated before, it's pointless discussing with you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2020, 06:14:35 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 22, 2020, 12:52:34 PMYou have a trade deal with Japan via the EU

Dictionary

via
/ˈvʌɪə/
preposition
by way of; through.
by means of.

by way of; through.
You have a trade deal with Japan via the EU
You have a trade deal with Japan through the EU.....your membership of the EU gives you a trade deal with Japan
You have a trade deal with Japan by way of the EU....As your a member of the EU you get a trade deal with Japan

Nick

Dictionary

via
/ˈvʌɪə/
preposition
by way of; through.
by means of.